2014.08.19 - Wantagh, NY, Jones Beach Amphitheater

RogueSoul

Let me start off by saying: Wow. Last night in Holmdel might take the trophy for best Carnivores Tour performance ever. I'll get to that later, though. Tonight, the Carnivores Tour is heading to Wantagh, New York at the Jones Beach Amphitheater. The band has played here many times before: twice in 2001 (1, 2), 2004, 2007, 2008, and 2012, clocking in 6 shows before today. Wow! The band has had many notable moments in Wantagh, too. On the first night in 2001, the band added 'Pushing Me Away' to the setlist and Brad played a short tease of 'Sweet Child O' Mine' by Guns N' Roses before 'One Step Closer'. Due to the band's flight being late, they had to miss their regular signing for fans before the show, but promised that they would do it right after their set ended. The second night in 2001 is well-known, due to the fact it was the only full show until 2013 that did not feature 'In The End'! The band was planning to play it, but ran out of time. Other highlights include another short tease of 'Sweet Child O' Mine', the band performing 'High Voltage', and Chester's awesome speech during 'A Place For My Head'! In 2004, Snoop Dogg (now Snoop Lion) came out during 'It's Goin' Down', but his mic wasn't working. Mike rapped a verse from Snoop's song, 'Gin & Juice' in his place. In 2007, Mike rapped his verse from Fort Minor's 'Dolla' over the extended intro of 'Points Of Authority', which is the first time he's re-rapped a verse over the intro. 2008's performance saw the band performing with the Street Drum Corps, among others, on the songs 'What I've Done' and 'One Step Closer'. Finally, most recently in 2012, the band performed a cover of the Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' over the bridge of 'Bleed It Out'. Will the band's great history in Wantagh be continued today?

Last night in Holmdel, the band was amazing. To be fair, all three bands absolutely killed it! The crowd often times sang louder than Chester and Mike, even drowning out the band! THAT'S how a concert should always be! They performed Set A, but contrary to popular belief, they completely rocked this set! Highlights from last night include Mike changing up his solo by rapping verse 1 of 'When They Come For Me', an awesome performance of 'Bleed It Out', where Chester and Mike stopped the band for brief moments to sing the refrain from 'The Catalyst' completely a capella with the crowd, and Mike doing the ice bucket challenge with long-time fan and friend, Sal, who celebrated his 50th show with the band that night! Awesome!

Watch Mike do the Ice Bucket Challenge with Sal after 'Bleed It Out' here! He was nominated by Steve Aoki. He nominated Chester, Tim Ferris, Lisa Ling, and Austin Carlile to do it, as well.

As mentioned before, all three bands absolutely crushed it in Holmdel. AFI played a great set, even though it was the same set. The crowd really got up and sang songs like '17 Crimes' and 'Miss Murder'! Other songs in their set included 'The Leaving Song Pt. II' and 'I Hope You Suffer'. I've been to 18 Thirty Seconds To Mars shows in the past, and I have to say, this is the best one I've seen yet. Jared Leto brought a little kid named Logan up on stage for 'Do Or Die', went really deep into the crowd for 'Kings and Queens' (He was about five feet away from me!), and sang really got the crowd involved and immersed them in the show. The band performed their singles 'Up In The Air', 'Night Of The Hunter', and 'This Is War', as well as some non-singles like 'End Of All Days' and 'Alibi'. Jared went into the crowd for his acoustic set and sang the chorus of 'Hurricane', their biggest single, 'The Kill', and a deeper album cut called 'Alibi'. They closed the show with 'Closer To The Edge' and invited a bunch of fans from the crowd onstage with them! Really spectacular performances, I'm honored to have watched them!

Who's headed to the Jones Beach Amphitheater for tonight's show? The LPLive Crew will be there. Stop by the Music For Relief booth to say hi! They're really great guys, I, myself, met them all at Holmdel and they were really awesome. After this show, the band will host the 10th LPU Summit at Darien Center, NY. Who's pumped for that?! We'll have more information for you guys in the coming days. Check back here at the time of the show or follow us on Twitter for live updates!

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here.

Wow! Tonight was hands down one of the best LP shows I have attended. They played so well. Chester brought his kids out to do the ice bucket challenge on him, and then he challenged all of 30 STM and AFI.

That show was amazing. AFI did great, My 1st time seeing 30STM and they put on one hell of a show and Leto is a funny guy, Shoutout to Skyler from The Bronx ! Hometown girl said "His Eyes Are Just As Beautiful In Person" ! Haha. And LP kiced f'n ass like always ! My 4th time seeing them and they never let me or any of the fans down. Loved it ! Plus i finally got to meet some LPL members which was cool & i lost my voice. Pure Awesomeness. Can't wait until next time !

Had a good time at this show. For the very first time on this tour, I could tell two shows in a row affected Chester's voice. He wasn't rolling on Wastelands like at the other shows. This is an epic venue and I'm glad to have seen LP there for a second time.

I actually prefer the venue to have seats than the new pit...there was a significantly empty space between the back of the pit and the seats at this show. Bring more people in the pit, or make the pit area smaller...but the spacing looked really odd from where I watched the show (side of seats left side of stage).

Coolest venue I have ever been to. It was really beautiful. The show was alright, Chester seemed tired, his voice wasn't too great, and the crowd wasn't jamming that much which lead to the band phoning in most of the show. Still had a good time though.

LFY was by far the worst on this show. The samples were too loud and ruined the song. When Joe started the Jay-z part it completely interupted the song for a moment.

I'm a big fan of this venue. It's pretty far from NYC but the location is so cool. We had probably the best spot for the MFR booth at this show. This was also the first time we saw the crazy woman from the Darien summit, when she tried to walk away with a bandana.

Surprisingly, Wantagh was actually my favorite show out of the 4 that I attended. Wantagh was the only show that I had pit tickets for and I was right up on the rail for every band and it was great. Really cool venue, I also had never been to the venue before until now. The band sounded decent enough to me, but I was singing my lungs out so I wouldn't even of noticed if the band wasn't performing 100%. The end with Chester doing the ice bucket challenge and having his kids dump it on him was epic, though, it definitely made the show unique and it was really funny and cool.

I saw you in the screens a couple of times haha

That's awesome. Where were you guys at the show? Btw, this really sucks that there is no DSP's this tour, even though Wantagh wouldn't have been released anyways. An audience recording of this show would be epic.

Edited by Geki

Btw, this really sucks that there is no DSP's this tour, even though Wantagh wouldn't have been released anyways.

They have no idea how to split the tracks with all of the intros and mashups. If someone asked before the THP release why they didn't released some puzzles this time, the setlists are the answer. We changed a lot of stuff yesterday and it still feels like there are more things to fix. The setlists are the puzzles.