'Razor's Out' - Mike & Joe Trapanese (feat. Chino)

hahninator

Mike and Joe Trapanese have a song on the upcoming soundtrack for "The Raid" called 'Razor's Out', which is one of two tracks featuring vocals that they did. This one features Chino Moreno from the Deftones and from Crosses, while the other one features Get Busy Committee.

Take a listen to 'Razor's Out' here:

Thoughts? Excited for Mike and Joe Trapanese's score on "The Raid" and the other track with vocals by GBC?

If the electronics on the next LP record sound anything like the electronics on this song I approve, killer song!

I thought Mike and Chester both said it isn't going to be electronic driven this time around so much.

The song is cool and stuff but I really hope this is not a preview on where the new album is going...

I agree. I wouldn't worry too much, though. I don't think the new album will sound anything like this. Anytime that LP works on non-album music during album cycles, the album never ends up sounding similar. For example, Qwerty sounded nothing like MTM. New Divide sounded nothing like ATS. Etc.

I agree. I wouldn't worry too much, though. I don't think the new album will sound anything like this. Anytime that LP works on non-album music during album cycles, the album never ends up sounding similar. For example, Qwerty sounded nothing like MTM. New Divide sounded nothing like ATS. Etc.

I think more accurate comparisons would be "Fort Minor sounded nothing like MTM, Dead by Sunrise sounded nothing like ATS" because those were solo projects and this is a solo project, not a full-band side thing.

That was a bit nitpicky. But I just wanted to put out a more...accurate comparison? I dunno.

I think more accurate comparisons would be "Fort Minor sounded nothing like MTM, Dead by Sunrise sounded nothing like ATS" because those were solo projects and this is a solo project, not a full-band side thing.

That was a bit nitpicky. But I just wanted to put out a more...accurate comparison? I dunno.

Not really though. DBS was worked on mostly, like 90% of the project, in 2005. The last songs written for the album were Inside Of Me and Condemned, and he created those in 2008. There is a DBS interview on YouTube explaining that. You also cannot compare FM and DBS music to anything LP does. You can compare Qwerty and New Divide because they are LP songs. All I'm saying is I do not think the album will sound like the soundtrack to 'The Raid', why the fuck would it? You can think what you want, though. Wait until the album is released and we shall see.

Not really though. DBS was worked on mostly, like 90% of the project, in 2005. The last songs written for the album were Inside Of Me and Condemned, and he created those in 2008. There is a DBS interview on YouTube explaining that. You also cannot compare FM and DBS music to anything LP does. You can compare Qwerty and New Divide because they are LP songs. All I'm saying is I do not think the album will sound like the soundtrack to 'The Raid', why the fuck would it? You can think what you want, though. Wait until the album is released and we shall see.

Fair enough about DBS, I forgot about that. But you stated precisely what I was saying: don't even bother comparing The Raid's soundtrack to anything LP might do because they're two entirely separate projects.

Fair enough about DBS, I forgot about that. But you stated precisely what I was saying: don't even bother comparing The Raid's soundtrack to anything LP might do because they're two entirely separate projects.

I guess you're right. I just want the LP album to be good.