Linkin Park Third Encore Stream

hahninator

I much prefer the heavy version. My only problem with the band is how much the just seem to resent nu metal and their original sound now, You can guarantee they would have pulled a BMTH by this point and completely stopped playing stuff pre-ATS if it wasn't for stuff like ITE, Numb, etc, being as big a hits as they are. Chesters comment at the end also just felt like a "fuck you" to anyone that got into them back in the HT days.

I much prefer the heavy version. My only problem with the band is how much the just seem to resent nu metal and their original sound now, You can guarantee they would have pulled a BMTH by this point and completely stopped playing stuff pre-ATS if it wasn't for stuff like ITE, Numb, etc, being as big a hits as they are. Chesters comment at the end also just felt like a "fuck you" to anyone that got into them back in the HT days.

Please, don't take that comment at the end serious. You can see that they are clearly joking about the massive hate about Heavy.

It is just another Troll-action by LP to make fun about the hate.

I think you're taking this entirely too personally, based off of this response and others you've made. They're clearly just fucking around here, and I'm sure they do look back at the HT/Meteora days and laugh about it. Let's face it - they've matured and grown a lot since then, and their perspective of that kind of music will definitely have changed. If they didn't acknowledge those songs as songs that made a difference to people and their careers, then yeah, they would've dropped them. They know what people want to hear, but all the same they know what THEY want to hear from themselves.

Nu-metal is outdated anyway. It might as well be laughed at, at this point. :P

I think it was less of a "fuck you" to the people who got into them back with Hybrid Theory and more of a "fuck you" to people who expect nothing but Hybrid Theory over and over again.

I think you're taking this entirely too personally, based off of this response and others you've made. They're clearly just fucking around here, and I'm sure they do look back at the HT/Meteora days and laugh about it. Let's face it - they've matured and grown a lot since then, and their perspective of that kind of music will definitely have changed. If they didn't acknowledge those songs as songs that made a difference to people and their careers, then yeah, they would've dropped them. They know what people want to hear, but all the same they know what THEY want to hear from themselves.

Nu-metal is outdated anyway. It might as well be laughed at, at this point. :P

I don't know. While it did seem like joking around, it still felt like there was an underlying message that they don't like their early days anymore and just want to put it behind them and forget it happened.

Maybe I am reading into it a bit much, and the upcoming weeks/months with the release and tour may change my thoughts, but I'm not optimistic for the time being.

I lol'd at the end so hard. While I actually enjoyed what they played there and not the original new song, it's really tiring to see some people still wanting HT part 3 at this point. Funny touch by Mike & Chester wich sadly a lot of people are gonna take it seriously 100% as an insult like if they were mocking Hybrid Theory.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

They Cut out the very last seconds of Chester swearing. haha!

They probably don't want some people to feel butthurt or Chester might have thought they were off air already?

With his ''Theres your fucking hybrid theory now shut the- ..... ''

Edited by Spooky

I don't know. While it did seem like joking around, it still felt like there was an underlying message that they don't like their early days anymore and just want to put it behind them and forget it happened.

Maybe I am reading into it a bit much, and the upcoming weeks/months with the release and tour may change my thoughts, but I'm not optimistic for the time being.

You probably are reading too much into it. I doubt they really hate what they did during their early days. But I think they are just fed up with the crowd who keeps coming with the 'LP is dead, bring back HT/Meteora sound' every damn era. By now people should already have accepted that they just gonna record whatever they feel like. It has been so many years ago and people still are stuck in some delusional phase where they think ever band should be a one trick pony of their debut era.

A lot of the music of their early days were inspired by the life of them being 'kids' basically and struggles that they went through during that age. The style of their music reflected that. In the meantime they have grown as artists and as humans. Their music is reflected that aswell for the most part.

They are just joking and giving a middle finger up to that part of the fanbase (if we even should call them that) that are whining every era they should return to HT. Even some media outlets are stuck in that outdated argument, it is already tiring for me as fan, I can't even imagine how tiring it must be for them tbh.

You probably are reading too much into it. I doubt they really hate what they did during their early days. But I think they are just fed up with the crowd who keeps coming with the 'LP is dead, bring back HT/Meteora sound' every damn era. By now people should already have accepted that they just gonna record whatever they feel like. It has been so many years ago and people still are stuck in some delusional phase where they think ever band should be a one trick pony of their debut era.

A lot of the music of their early days were inspired by the life of them being 'kids' basically and struggles that they went through during that age. The style of their music reflected that. In the meantime they have grown as artists and as humans. Their music is reflected that aswell for the most part.

They are just joking and giving a middle finger up to that part of the fanbase (if we even should call them that) that are whining every era they should return to HT. Even some media outlets are stuck in that outdated argument, it is already tiring for me as fan, I can't even imagine how tiring it must be for them tbh.

THIS. I think your post should be copyed under every YT video or Facebook page where those a**ho**s keep complaining about old LP. Try to catch up moterfucker!