LPUTV: Track by Track - Chance Of Rain with Mike

RogueSoul

A new track by track video for 'Chance Of Rain' from the LPU 15 CD is out now on the LPU! Mike discusses the track, and reveals that the song actually has a final title ('Voices') but they went with the demo name instead.

The song wasn't included on Minutes To Midnight because the band already had a bunch of mellow tracks on the album, and they didn't want to lose a song like 'No More Sorrow' by including another slower mid-tempo track.

LPU members can watch the episode here.

Linkin Park are currently working on their next album. Check out the live update thread for latest on the new album (previews of new music should be coming soon!), or follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for the latest updates.

If it had a final title, could this mean that THIS was the missing MTM b-side???

Unless it randomly turns out that this song was mixed by Neal Avron, no. Songs can change titles or even be known by multiple titles at any point in the process (Leave Out All the Rest/"When My Time Comes")

And for the 549th time (seemingly), there's a very good chance we already have all of the MTM b-sides: No Roads Left, Across the Line, What We Don't Know, Blackbirds, Ammosick. All confirmed as being mixed by Neal, and therefore all are b-sides. The only question is whether or not the 17-song total included Wake. If it did, we have them all, if it didn't, there's one more.

Mike manages to contradict himself in the minute and a half this video lasts, lol. First he says it never made it out of "demo phase," then he said it "made it all the way to mixing and was cut at the very end." If it made it to mixing, it's not a demo anymore, Mike...

Then again, this is the band that refers to any unreleased piece of music as a "demo" by default, so I'm not surprised.

Edited by Astat

If it had a final title, could this mean that THIS was the missing MTM b-side???

I thought so too.

Unless it randomly turns out that this song was mixed by Neal Avron, no. Songs can change titles or even be known by multiple titles at any point in the process (Leave Out All the Rest/"When My Time Comes")

And for the 549th time (seemingly), there's a very good chance we already have all of the MTM b-sides: No Roads Left, Across the Line, What We Don't Know, Blackbirds, Ammosick. All confirmed as being mixed by Neal, and therefore all are b-sides. The only question is whether or not the 17-song total included Wake. If it did, we have them all, if it didn't, there's one more.

Mike manages to contradict himself in the minute and a half this video lasts, lol. First he says it never made it out of "demo phase," then he said it "made it all the way to mixing and was cut at the very end." If it made it to mixing, it's not a demo anymore, Mike...

Then again, this is the band that refers to any unreleased piece of music as a "demo" by default, so I'm not surprised.

I'm beginning to think that Rob really did mean 17 songs as in 11 plus an album opener, so 6 MTM bsides. This COULD be the last one, right? But the LPU CD says Mike mixed it. So maybe I'm wrong. I guess we will never know the true answer to this question, lmao. The only thing we know for sure is the 5 that you mentioned are for sure 5 of the extra MTM songs.

wonder, when we get another free downloadable demo

This month.