Linkin Park performing at the 1st Rock In Rio USA in Vegas

RogueSoul

Linkin Park will be performing at the first ever Rock In Rio USA in Las Vegas, Nevada in May of 2015. The band will be performing on the first weekend of the festival, as direct support for Metallica.

The band has performed in at Rock in Rio multiple times at it's venue in Lisbon, Portugal (2008, 2012, 2014), but this will be the first time the band has performed at a leg of the festival outside of Portugal.

2015.05.08 - MGM Resort Festival Grounds, Las Vegas, NV

OR

2015.05.09 - MGM Resort Festival Grounds, Las Vegas, NV

As far as new tour dates go, the band is also rumored to play in South America in 2015 as part of Lollapalooza, and there's also another U.S. Tour in the works.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here.

I'm so proud to see that the biggest music festival is from Brazil. People from US, you should get prepare to see what Rock in Rio represents, it's one of the most amazing experience that you can have... It's gonna be insane with LP.

I still waiting them play at the real Rock in Rio, here in Rio.

Maybe I will attend this concert. I will see if is possible to me to travel to Las Vegas just for this show.

Pretty sure LP's not opening for Metallica...they're headlining one day, Metallica's headlining the other.

Glad to hear that they're not opening for those guys again. I know Metallica may be a "bigger" name, but LP is better than Metallica to me. No disrespect to any Metallica fans, that's just a personal opinion of mine.

Edited by Justin

As much as you might like LP, they will forever be opening for Metallica if they are ever billed on the same day of a festival. They've done it quite a few times since 2003, haha.

This is interesting. Metallica, LP and Deftones. Dream come true for a festival. And the USA crowds will be dead and not give a shit as usual (phones in the air all the time, etc). This makes it even worse that it's in Vegas because the crowds there are even more lackluster than usual. Put this in Europe or South America and the place would explode.

As much as you might like LP, they will forever be opening for Metallica if they are ever billed on the same day of a festival. They've done it quite a few times since 2003, haha.

This is interesting. Metallica, LP and Deftones. Dream come true for a festival. And the USA crowds will be dead and not give a shit as usual (phones in the air all the time, etc). This makes it even worse that it's in Vegas because the crowds there are even more lackluster than usual. Put this in Europe or South America and the place would explode.

You're right. Go to YouTube and watch Slipknot and System Of A Down at Rock in Rio 2011. The Linkin Park concerts in Lisbon were amazing too.

Edited by LeonardoMF93

i think that show could another warm up show in LV for a tour through Europe in late May and June next year like they often do that.

if there is another US/CAN arena tour they will do this before May

I agree i could see them playing euro festivals in june again and insted of download uk they could play sonisphere uk then a few of sonispheres other euro festivals

I agree i could see them playing euro festivals in june again and insted of download uk they could play sonisphere uk then a few of sonispheres other euro festivals

maybe another Euro summer tour like 2008 with some festivals and solo shows/projekt revolution or something

superior is an opinion but Metallica is definitely bigger than LP.

I agree. Metallica are a bigger name than LP. Whether or not their music is better is all opinion.

On another note, I've decided that I have to see LP in 2015. I never have seen them live, and I'm GOING to see them. Depending on what happens with the U.S. tour supposedly happening next year, I might try and plan some type of trip to Vegas.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow now this is my kind of festival. LP opening for Metallica, and Deftones the same day. And then Ed Sheeran opening for T Swift, the two top albums of 2014. Damn I really like it.

Great job on calling it Leonardo! You said it from the start that LP wouldn't headline.

Wow now this is my kind of festival. LP opening for Metallica, and Deftones the same day. And then Ed Sheeran opening for T Swift, the two top albums of 2014. Damn I really like it.

Great job on calling it Leonardo! You said it from the start that LP wouldn't headline.

Thanks, man! This festival is one of the biggest events of my city so I really know all about it.
I wish you have fun there like I had here in Rio even without LP. It's an amazing festival and I really wanna see if I can attend this one in Vegas. There are special offers to Brazilians on Rock in Rio page including plane tickets and hotel.
You have to choose if you wanna see Metallica or Deftones. Probably Deftones will be playing during the break between LP and Metallica. The stages are too far away and you'll lose part of the show of one of them.

So I thought No Doubt was going to be Pop and that's why LP and Metallica would be different days.

Still think LP is bigger than No Doubt and should be headlining, but May 9th is gonna be sick. Good call Leonardo.

I'm sure they will announce two bands that are bigger than No Doubt for this day. Thanks, dude!

Edited by AndOne
font size fix