Linkin Park Honda Civic Tour w/ Incubus: "Linkubus"

hahninator

The Linkin Park summer tour with Incubus, what we're dubbing as the "Linkubus Tour", was announced this morning. The real tour name, however, is the HONDA CIVIC TOUR. This is the band's first time playing US amphitheatres since 2008, and the first time they've played them since 2001 on a tour that isn't Projekt Revolution. The Linkubus dates actually encompass amphitheatres (12), arenas (4) and festivals (2) in the same tour - a first for the band in North America.

Kicking off in Bristow, VA on August 11th, the 18 shows run for a total of 31 days across North America, including three shows in western Canada - a place the band has not visited since the Meteora World Tour when it hit Vancouver in February 2004 over 8 years ago. The tour ends on September 10 in Chula Vista, CA. The tour does not hit the band's hometown of Los Angeles, CA or a big city they've played every US tour - New York City, but there are two pretty noticeable gaps in the tour between the Mansfield, MA / Camden, NJ shows and the Mountain View, CA and Chula Vista, CA dates. Maybe something will get added! The two festivals are also in Canada - X-FEST in Calgary and SONiC BOOM in Edmonton.

After LP canceled three shows last year in the US (Washington D.C., Uncasville, and Cincinnati), fans will be happy to know that all three cities are being revisited on this tour (Bristow for the DC show, Uncasville with the same venue, and Cincinnati with the amphitheatre).

Venue-wise, this is the first time the band has not played the Lakewood Amphitheatre in Atlanta (in the summer)...moving to Alpharetta's Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (which Incubus headlined last year) instead. Also instead of the usual Clarkston,MI DTE Music Center, the tour hits Auburn Hills, MI's Palace instead. One venue will get their SIXTH Linkin Park show - Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA (2001, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2011, & 2012).

Also, Incubus will not be playing the first two shows of this tour.

Posted Image

08/11 Bristow, VA, Jiffy Lube Live (2011 make-up) (no Incubus)

08/12 Uncasville, CT, Mohegan Sun Arena (2011 make-up) (no Incubus)

08/14 Mansfield, MA, Comcast Center

08/17 Camden, NJ, Susquehanna Bank Center

08/19 Alpharetta, GA, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

08/21 Auburn Hills, MI, The Palace at Auburn Hills

08/22 Cincinnati, OH, Riverbend Music Center (2011 make-up)

08/24 Tinley Park, IL, First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre

08/25 Noblesville, IN, Klipsch Music Center

08/27 Dallas, TX, Gexa Energy Pavilion

08/28 Woodlands, TX, Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

08/30 Englewood, CO, Comfort Dental Amphitheatre

09/01 Calgary, AB, Fort Calgary - X-FEST

09/02 Edmonton, AB, Edmonton EXPO Center - SONiC BOOM

09/04 Vancouver, BC, Rogers Arena (not a Honda Civic Tour show, but Incubus and MUTEMATH will be playing)

09/05 Tacoma, WA, Tacoma Dome

09/07 Mountain View, CA, Shoreline Amphitheatre

09/10 Chula Vista, CA, Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre

Ticket information here.

Full 2012 tour dates via LPL here.

Thoughts? Who's going to a show or multiple shows?

EDIT: Two festivals were added in Canada!

EDIT 2: The Honda press release confirms MUTEMATH will be opening the tour.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, when's the last time they did a tour like this that they weren't the creators of?

No Florida date? Bastards. I can't even hit up the Georgia date either, because band camp starts that day. Guess I'll have to wait for the solo tour.

08/11 Bristow, VA, Jiffy Lube Live (2011 make-up) (no Incubus)

08/12 Uncasville, CT, Mohegan Sun Arena (2011 make-up) (no Incubus)

08/14 Mansfield, MA, Comcast Center

08/17 Camden, NJ, Susquehanna Bank Center

08/19 Alpharetta, GA, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

08/21 Auburn Hills, MI, The Palace at Auburn Hills

08/22 Cincinnati, OH, Riverbend Music Center (2011 make-up)

08/24 Tinley Park, IL, First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre

08/25 Noblesville, IN, Klipsch Music Center

08/27 Dallas, TX, Gexa Energy Pavilion

08/28 Woodlands, TX, Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

08/30 Englewood, CO, Comfort Dental Amphitheatre

09/04 Vancouver, BC, Rogers Arena

09/05 Tacoma, WA, Tacoma Dome

09/07 Mountain View, CA, Shoreline Amphitheatre

09/10 Chula Vista, CA, Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre

Ticket information here.

Full 2012 tour dates via LPL here.

Thoughts? Who's going to a show or multiple shows?

Wow that is shit. My venue is the Bristow, VA one and Incubus won't be there?!

we all do son, we all do...

imagining us UK fans huddling in a cave around a laptop against the coming winter, desperately awaiting word from the outside

i bet there will be a uk tour in july in support of LT before the us tour

it's nice they make up canceled shows from last tour

Yeah, that's really cool of them. I had tickets to Uncasville last year, I was pretty bummed when they canceled, I'm happy that they're making it up.

I'm in the same position here. At least they are making up the DC show. Incubus is headlining the DC101 chili cook off though in May.

Im just gonna drive up to camden NJ. I really want to see Incubus. They are really good live I heard. Unless the openers for DC show are just as good.

I am disappointed about incubus because I saw them last year and they were such a waste of money a nd out together the worst set list ever. As for this tour it's strange I don't see big city on the list like metro ny area and for CA, Los Angeles and orange county which has the Honda center actually here so I assume we are missing a few dates.