"Set B13"

hahninator

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do people complain about there being no old stuff. I'm not trying to start a debate but this is the A THOUSAND SUNS World Tour! Not the "ATS but we'll play more old stuff than new for those fans who want it" Tour...(sorry thats the best I could come up with.) If they don't come out with a new CD soon then I would expect the setlist to change during the summer/fall of 2011.

and yet they drop ATS songs :P

Can you somehow combine all setlist into one picture or list to compare? would be cool.

Okay there are always people complaining, sure. Ive seen the same setlist 5x so I know how it feels so I make a little wishlist and who knows...

1st: SOTD: Ive been to 10 LP concerts and the first time ive heard the song it was awesome. from that day on I wish that they wouldnt play it live ever again. Dave is not even playing the bass part at the beginning so why do they still perform the song?

2nd:

the little things give you away, leave out all the rest should be used as the "slow" song instead of SOTD

3rd: atleast one "new" old song from hybrid theory. Im glad they brought back APFMH in 2008, so why not taking back another song like with you or by myself? that would definately please the hardcore fans because everyone has probably seen them in the last 3 years...

4th: meteora: figure 09 por favor :) Hit the floor...any of these songs they havent played for ages! they dont need to do play them all the time but, if we could atleast have a professional recording of it and some even have an awesome live experience...that would be cool!

5th: no roads left, Mike is singing way more than before, so why wouldnt they give a try to this song?

but yeah they finally try to master blackout and BITS now, and since BITS is going to be a single they will play it live more often (mike told me that they mostly play all their singles at a show for the non-hardcore fans)

I like these sets, I do. But they could be so much better... Yeah, having a couple of slow songs is great, when you are at a show and have been jumping and going crazy for too long your body gets a bit tired, so slow songs are awesome. Problem is, they have way too many slow stuff in the set... And they are not old guys who feel tired and don't have the energy anymore. They still are very energetic and it's a shame that half of the set is slow stuff

Why can't people just be satisfied. Look at the things you DID get. Most bands don't listen to what fans want anyways and 99.9% of the stadium won't care. STOP WHINING. And honestly, SOTD and Iridescent sound awesome live and Chester needs 'break songs'.

Would you rather a few soft songs with Chester's voice intact or a string of concerts with only heavy ones and his voice dying?

I like these sets, I do. But they could be so much better... Yeah, having a couple of slow songs is great, when you are at a show and have been jumping and going crazy for too long your body gets a bit tired, so slow songs are awesome. Problem is, they have way too many slow stuff in the set... And they are not old guys who feel tired and don't have the energy anymore. They still are very energetic and it's a shame that half of the set is slow stuff

Well they have Blackout right before Numb (their most boring song nowadays imo) and the Catalyst right before SOTD, without Fallout, and theres no WJ&L before Iridescent, so I guess they are working on making the middle section of the show a little less boring

And they are not old guys who feel tired and don't have the energy anymore. They still are very energetic and it's a shame that half of the set is slow stuff

Agreed. But with their last 2 albums being such very soft, it's kind of logic their setlists are becoming slower too...They want to make shows that represent all eras of the band, and I think they've succeeded in it. However, I would be super happy to see 1 or 2 old heavy songs (Figure? With You?) back in the set, obviously.

and yet they drop ATS songs :P

Yeah they did and yet people are still complaining. I could of had a wish list of many songs before I went to the 2 shows in November but when you're there you aren't overly fussed about what they play. I can predict that 90% of people at these shows are perfectly happy with the setlist

Why do people keep asking for Figure.09? Do they not know the logistics it takes to play that song?

Now they're on tour, I know they won't do it since it needs an other guitar (and maybe other things, not sure). But they could have token the right material before starting the tour. Nevermind. I'm not complaining. They could eventually prepare what's necessary for playing it during the summer tour. That's why I keep asking this song, to show I'm still interested in it. Because obviously, it will never see the light of the day again if fans don't request it.

Why do people keep asking for Figure.09? Do they not know the logistics it takes to play that song?

I think it's the same reason of requests of the people that Linkin Park play "A Place For My Head" in this tour and Linkin Park still not yet considered this request, most likely be for the same reason that the people keep asking for Figure.09 "the logistics it takes to play that song".

Edited by Andros

I took the 3 setlists, found which songs are in all 3, and then put if they were Singles or not, then if they were Slow, Middle, or Heavy. 14 of the 19 songs were Middle or Heavy (BIO, WTCFM, Numn, WID are all Middle). In my opinion, these setlists are badass, and while B13 and B11 are epic, people shouldn't be pissed if a certain setlist is played instead of the one they want. The setlists are a little slower, but they're still largely heavier songs, and are pretty awesome.

(This isn't meant to say the setlists are the same, I'm just saying there's not enough to say one is crappy when it's not).

Posted Image

Also, live is different than reading on LPL, and much different for people who don't know the setlist of every single show in the Europe and Australia tours because of this site. My friend went to the Tampa concert. After the show ended I got "It's over. That may have been one of the most epic concerts I've been to. It was great!" (Also, she falls in the "Old School LP" side)

ok this is the #1 BEST SETLIST FOR ANY OLD SCHOOL LP FAN!!!!! i said it once & i said it again xD

Looks Really cool, i like that there are more heavy songs :P perfect for the HT and M fans :)

i dissagree, the best setlist for old fans (or even fans of all their stuff). would include songs like Don't Stay, With You, Points of Authority, A Place For My Head, Somewhere I Belong

Faint opening, damn. Epic as hell. Blackout. Papercut in the encore.

JEALOUS AS HELL.

I saw the first 3 shows of the tour and got the same set every show and now they start rotating every night after my last show. DAMN.

i feel sorry for you

I'm just waiting for somebody to make a Grey Daze joke for "B12".

lol

I do not understand why they keep songs like "Shadow Of The Day" or "Iridescent" or "What I've Done", they can put songs a little better than those like "A Place For My Head", "Figure.09" or play a new song that they never played live, or bring back "Breaking The Habit" it's a classic, or "Wretches & Kings", I don't see much difference in these new setlist, just a energy at the beginning and the encore.

Urudescent and What I've Done are great songs, and great live. Id love it if they canned Shadow of the day though.... i wish they would never play it again. I agre about BTH, i would love it if they play older songs but no reason to can Iridescent and WID

Your wish is my command :)

dude, thats awesome. thanks

+1

It would be nice to have, but they would not play it

Also, I'm not sure if I like this one or B11 better. B11 is awesome, but so is this. I like the encore on B11 better, but this set is beast too. im not sure

Edited by blakebeats

My friend went to the Tampa concert. After the show ended I got "It's over. That may have been one of the most epic concerts I've been to. It was great!" (Also, she falls in the "Old School LP" side)

Well Tampa was just epic as fuck; the crowd was amazing. Best show of the 3 for me.