LPU 8.0 CD Petition

hahninator

the last lpu cd was a shame, they put always the same songs

i don't doubt which they put in 8 pma piano, bth piano, and more knowed songs

they probaly will use tracks from summer european tour (like spain, portugal etc)

i hope they release at least one new track like they did in lpu 4 and 6

I don't know that this is necessary.

Someone on the LPU pointed out that the odd number LPU CDs have live tracks, and the even number ones have b-sides, demos, new song stuff. Gives us hope for the LPU8 CD.

EDIT: as the post above says, 4 and 6 had unreleased stuff so I think 8 will too, without this petition. But worth a shot anyway I suppose.

Ugh. When will you guys understand this is just a little companion to the LPU registration? It's a little bonus thing thrown in with registration and demanding ANYTHING out of them is retarded. All of you need to realize that the band is not obligated to release unreleased tracks on these CDs and the fact that you're setting up these little petitions(which never work) is crazy.

Guys.. best way to spread the petition..

IM ALL of your buddies on aim/ yahoo/ masn/ icq.. etc.

Email EVERYONE on your mailing list.. tell them to pass it on.

I'm not trying to be too demanding. I just know you guys want an LPU8 cd with b-sides/ unreleased instrumentals..

PS: Don't take my signature here seriously.. its just a joke Mark and I have.. =D

Ugh. When will you guys understand this is just a little companion to the LPU registration? It's a little bonus thing thrown in with registration and demanding ANYTHING out of them is retarded. All of you need to realize that the band is not obligated to release unreleased tracks on these CDs and the fact that you're setting up these little petitions(which never work) is crazy.

They've released unreleased tracks on previous CD's, such as 2.0, 4.0 and 6.0, so I don't see how you say they aren't 'obligated' to release anything but live tracks.

Being an activist, I know a good many of petitions that have worked. You never know until you try. And when you pay any kind of money for something, you have a right to voice your opinion when the opportunity presents itself and is not retarded. If people see something out there that they are unhappy with, then it's their right to voice that. If you don't support the petition, then you don't have to sign it, but you don't have to knock those who do. Also, nowhere in the petition is the word "demand" or demanding anything from the band, it is merely making suggestions for other options and requesting that the parties involved at least listen to such requests.

P.S. I am not trying to start a fight, but just trying to make a point for those who support this cause.

I have to agree with this. To the person above who talked about how paying for something gives you the right to let your voice be heard, I agree 100%, but there's one problem.

You aren't paying for the CD. You are paying for the LPU membership. And last time I checked, LPU7 provided an LPU membership. That's all LP and their people are obligated to give us.

If you don't like it, that sucks, and I didn't like the CD last year either, but we can't be so spoiled. If LP gives us a website dedicated to the hardcore fans, they have done what they are obligated to do for our money.

The CD is a bonus.

EDIT AGAIN: I do agree with the point made in Hahninator's petition that says we should be given something special in return for being the hardcore fans that give money to the band to be included in the LPU. And the live tracks that we all have access to are not very special. All I'm saying is whatever they do, they do. There is no obligation for a CD at all. But here's to hoping we get some new music this year.

They've released unreleased tracks on previous CD's, such as 2.0, 4.0 and 6.0, so I don't see how you say they aren't 'obligated' to release anything but live tracks.

But we never asked for those unreleased tracks, they just decided to do it on their own, for us, the fans.

I just don't see the point in telling the band WHAT to do with their material.

whatever is on the cd, someone will find something to whinge about. i think i might have said this one time on the LPU boards too, but i'll re-iterate... you're getting a fairly rare cd - albums are sold in millions, the LPU cd is sent out in just thousands. think how hard it is to get hold of these cds (especially outside of US). i know for fact that LPU 1 thru 4 hardly ever come up on eBay UK, cos i keep trying to get 'em.

be happy to have a cd, whatever may be on it, cos most fan clubs get nothing (or next to nothing) but a website and forums.

sure we'd all love to hear the MTM bsides, but then 4 or 5 years ago we all wanted the meteora bsides. i wasn't on the LPU back then, but i expect there were petitions and discussions about wanting the meteora ones just like this petition.

don't be so ungrateful, they could close the LPU all together if they pleased.

I feel that LP isn't obligated to give us anything special, but that is the way they advertise the package as a member's only cd. The 'Best of PR07' cd was not an exclusive cd when people are sharing the concerts as per Mike's ok. The cd was also edited, how many members would be offended by the swearing? Exclusive tracks could be changed this year like the FMM did when Mike would post songs online for members at the website.

Everyone says that the CD is just a "bonus" to the membershit? WTF? Why do I have to pay more money if I want the package with the CD? If I want a membership I can buy the Online Pass... I pay for the CD if I want them so it's not just something that comes with the membership {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_wink.gif

Everyone says that the CD is just a "bonus" to the membershit? WTF? Why do I have to pay more money if I want the package with the CD? If I want a membership I can buy the Online Pass... I pay for the CD if I want them so it's not just something that comes with the membership <!-- s;) --><!-- s;) -->

Then if you don't like what's on the CD, you don't have to buy it. That's why they offer both options.

I don't like the idea of us thinking we can run the LPU. It seems ungrateful. I want exclusive stuff as much as anyone else but all of this seems so spoiled.

I have every LPU cd except for 2.0. I love Linkin Park and the first CD I ever bought was Hybrid Theory. I listen to them almost everyday.That said 7.0 was a tad disappointing, so I just waited until someone else realized this and put it on ebay. I'd also like to point this out,

At least they didn't put Breaking The Habit on the cd this year.

that was a sacrifice to put out a LPU 8.0 which actually breaks the habit:

01. Breaking The Habit (studio version)

02. Breaking The Habit (clean version)

03. Breaking The Habit (explicit version)

04. Breaking The Habit (Live from Milton Keynes)

05. Breaking The Habit (Live from Summer Sonic 06)

06. Breaking The Habit Video (forwards)

07. Breaking The Habit Video (backwards)

missing tracks

08. Breaking The Habit (Chimpmunk Version)

09. Breaking The Habit (A Capella)

10. Breaking The Habit (Instrumental)

Other tracklist

01. Pushing Me Away (Piano Version Instrumental)

02. Pushing Me Away (Piano Version Chimpmunk)

03. Pushing Me Away (Piano Version A Capella)

04. Pushing Me Away (Piano Version Remix)

05. Pushing Me Away (Piano Version Studio)

06. Pushing Me Away (Piano Version Live@Milton Kaynes)

07. Pushing Me Away (Piano Version Clean)

08. Pushing Me Away (Piano Version Dirty)

09. Pushing Me Away (Piano Version Featuring Jonas Brothers)

10. Pushing Me Away (Piano Version Mike's Earpiece)

you almost forgot:

08. Breaking the habit (extended intro)

09. Breaking the habit (extended outro)

10. Breaking the habit (piano version)