'White Noise' from MALL Soundtrack available for download!

hahninator

A new Linkin Park song, 'White Noise' is now available for download + stream, for free! The song is featured on Joe's movie's soundtrack, MALL. The movie was officially released today.

Download the track here! What do you think of the song? Mike recently said on Twitter that he had mastered three tracks for the film - will we see anymore of them being released soon?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has that Nine Inch Nails vibe to it. Chester is exploding. Huge fan of this, wow. Might be better than 90%+ of The Hunting Party. Whatever musical direction this is....shit, go that direction haha. I'm surprised they aren't taking advantage of this new music to release an EP online (iTunes, etc) and a physical CD + release a single from it to promote it more.

It has that Nine Inch Nails vibe to it. Chester is exploding. Huge fan of this, wow. Might be better than 90%+ of The Hunting Party. Whatever musical direction this is....shit, go that direction haha. I'm surprised they aren't taking advantage of this new music to release an EP online (iTunes, etc) and a physical CD + release a single from it to promote it more.

I wonder if you will think the same in 6 months, everytime a new track comes out everyone thinks that it is 100x better than previous releases (See Burn It Down)

It's a great track but not that awesome.

I wonder if you will think the same in 6 months, everytime a new track comes out everyone thinks that it is 100x better than previous releases (See Burn It Down)

It's a great track but not that awesome.

I do already think it's way better than War, Until It's Gone and Final Masquerade. But yes you are right about initial reactions. I never liked Burn It Down from the start and I still dislike it a lot now, ha. This is a badass Linkin Park song either way. Chester screaming.... A+.

The next thing I want to bring up is the branding of the artists for Mall. Why say music by Chester, Mike, Dave, Joe and Alex Puro? You could easily say Linkin Park and Alex Puro. Brad isn't involved in every Linkin Park song and Rob isn't either. Look at Living Things, or just look at Session and Cure For The Itch. Chester doesn't even consider Session a real Linkin Park song, ha. This is WAY more of a Linkin Park song than those.

I do already think it's way better than War, Until It's Gone and Final Masquerade. But yes you are right about initial reactions. I never liked Burn It Down from the start and I still dislike it a lot now, ha. This is a badass Linkin Park song either way. Chester screaming.... A+.

The next thing I want to bring up is the branding of the artists for Mall. Why say music by Chester, Mike, Dave, Joe and Alex Puro? You could easily say Linkin Park and Alex Puro. Brad isn't involved in every Linkin Park song and Rob isn't either. Look at Living Things, or just look at Session and Cure For The Itch. Chester doesn't even consider Session a real Linkin Park song, ha. This is WAY more of a Linkin Park song than those.

Probably if they released these songs under Linkin Park they would be harder to release, legal reasons..

Yeah you are right this song is better than some THP songs, it probably didn't make it to the album because it doesn't really match the style of THP.

Edited by JZE-LINKINPARAMORE

That's right but Brad for example still produces/engineers most of the LP songs, an album is band product. They all have they their input on it someway, even if it's just an opinion or just a blessing that they like it, that's probably the difference.

If they only credit those 4 it's for a reason, maybe they were not interested or didn't care to work on music for the movie, or wanted to take time off, or work on THP, who knows.

Maybe they didn't want the soundtrack to be a band product, more as a side project that it doesn't interfere with the "real" LP music.

The track is great, the 2nd part is a bit weird since we haven't heard it yet. Just take it for what it is, why do we always have to compare it to X and Y when something new comes out? It also happens when a LPU CD drops when there are some real songs on it.

I can really understand that with Living Things but Hunting Party is more than a solid record. it's raw and heavy, that's not something that we all expected at this point especially after Living Things.

I think that the description of White Noise LP video, by saying "White Noise from the MALL Soundtrack", is confirming that the Mall Soundtrack will get it's own release

EDIT: I just downloaded White Noise from the official download link, and it's probably a single, The name of one of the pictures said "esingle". I wonder why did it take 37.7 MB on my PC, it's pretty much, and there isn't anything that seems to take that much place.

Edited by TheDamian58C

I think that the description of White Noise LP video, by saying "White Noise from the MALL Soundtrack", is confirming that the Mall Soundtrack will get it's own release

EDIT: I just downloaded White Noise from the official download link, and it's probably a single, The name of one of the pictures said "esingle". I wonder why did it take 37.7 MB on my PC, it's pretty much, and there isn't anything that seems to take that much place.

There's a whole .wav version taking 31.2MB.

This is probably the heaviest Linkin Park song ever recorded. The only thing that maybe can rival it is A Line In The Sand, but this is definitely way heavier than shit like Given Up, Qwerty, Victimized, etc. I really love this song, I can't stop listening to it. It sounds like thrash metal. Chester sounds very good, I am so happy that there are no Mike vocals in this song, it gets annoying when he is in every song, leave this type of music to Chester Bennington please. Anyways, great release and I can't wait to hear the other songs in newly mastered quality.

*Rolls eyes at some people above*

Good screaming, but the song is empty. I can see why it's not on a major release or anything.

I'm not a person saying that this is better than any main album stuff, etc. I do think this is a great track for what it is. I am a big fan of Chester and his screaming vocals, so I love this track. I don't understand why fans of LP always have to compare everything. It's like every song they released has to be 'better' or 'worse' than something else. Just enjoy the music. LP music is always great. This is really true, watch what happens when LPU14 is released, you will see people saying how it's better than The Hunting Party, it's better than LIVING THINGS, but not quite as good as Meteora, etc. It's stupid. Just my two cents.

Edited by Geki

I honestly liked the song a little better when we knew it from the movie clip, I think it works perfectly there. It's still good but it's missing something, it's pretty repetitive, they used the best part in the movie.

Remember how most people were bashing the terrible lyrics from the sheet before we even heard the track?

I don't know who or where it was said that Joe had picked 10 demos/seeds, the only thing I know for sure now is Mall only has these tracks: Ammosick (the donna song in the credits), Luna, Warm Spell, White Noise, Buttermilk and possibly an ATS song (which is the one that segues in later in the movie, the one that Mike sings "this is the the first light, the second light, the last light..."

I don't know who or where it was said that Joe had picked 10 demos/seeds, the only thing I know for sure now is Mall only has these tracks: Ammosick (the donna song in the credits), Luna, Warm Spell, White Noise, Buttermilk and possibly an ATS song (which is the one that segues in later in the movie, the one that Mike sings "this is the the first light, the second light, the last light..."

I don't know, but for me Ammosick is the song which Mike sings "This is the first line here..."

And Geki confirms that in the background of the last LPTV has two instrumentals songs that can be hear in Mall. So, we have, at least snippets, from 8 songs, 5 with "vocals" [three of them "finished"] and three instrumentals.

I don't know, but for me Ammosick is the song which Mike sings "This is the first line here..."

And Geki confirms that in the background of the last LPTV has two instrumentals songs that can be hear in Mall. So, we have, at least snippets, from 8 songs, 5 with "vocals" [three of them "finished"] and three instrumentals.

Ammosick is the one with the pad hits and Chester singing donna that starts at 4:17. They ditched the donnas completely during the ATS sessions in favour of scatting, and those pad hits sounds extremely similar to Across the Line's pad hits in the chorus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SjyjNUkCQw

The song Mike sings in isn't credited, that's the weird thing. It's the one from this video from the beginning until 4:16.

In the new LPTV, the Carnivores Tour Part 3, from 2:10 and 5:07 onwards you can hear

two unreleased song that aren't in Mall, those are completely new.

So yeah, 8 songs in all, 4 with finished vocals, 1 with partially finished ones and 3 instrumentals.

I just re-watched Mall again today. You can definitely hear these in the movie.

- White Noise (After Malcolm torches his house and drives to the mall)

- Ammosick (Towards the end of the movie when Jeff returns to the mall and Donna goes home)

- Warm Spell (During the part when Michael gets shot and killed)

- Luna (When Jeff is tripping out on the ecstasy walking through the mall)

- Buttermilk (When Malcolm is getting high in the mall parking lot)

- Song around the 2:00 mark in the new LPTV (In the beginning when Jeff and Adele are walking into the mall)

- Song around the 5:00 mark in the new LPTV (When Jeff is explaining each character's history, mostly Barry)

- Unknown song (Plays during the ending credits, the ''donna'' song (not the character Donna))

There are also tons of other musical stuff going on throughout the film, but I feel like a lot of that is just score work. What I listed above definitely all sound like complete LP songs and sound very distinct from the rest of the normal score. It's impossible to know what the rest of the stuff is.

I just re-watched Mall again today. You can definitely hear these in the movie.

- White Noise (After Malcolm torches his house and drives to the mall)

- Ammosick (Towards the end of the movie when Jeff returns to the mall and Donna goes home)

- Warm Spell (During the part when Michael gets shot and killed)

- Luna (When Jeff is tripping out on the ecstasy walking through the mall)

- Buttermilk (When Malcolm is getting high in the mall parking lot)

- Song around the 2:00 mark in the new LPTV (In the beginning when Jeff and Adele are walking into the mall)

- Song around the 5:00 mark in the new LPTV (When Jeff is explaining each character's history, mostly Barry)

- Unknown song (Plays during the ending credits, the ''donna'' song (not the character Donna))

There are also tons of other musical stuff going on throughout the film, but I feel like a lot of that is just score work. What I listed above definitely all sound like complete LP songs and sound very distinct from the rest of the normal score. It's impossible to know what the rest of the stuff is.

Nice job, here's your cookiecookie_law_eu.gif