Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date

Mofamike

I love it when LP is in attack mode in their songs ha. i.e. bleed it out, wretches and kings, etc. Expecting a sing along stadium song with a big chorus, but nothing too heavy.

I agree, it will be a song you can rock to but not to heavy i think!

Only 22 days to go and still no promotional stuff, videos, snippets...???

Well, I hope this is true but kinda contrasts with TC's release (LP Featuring You!!!).

I think they are taking a different approach this time around, not saying to much, and then people won't speculate anything until their hear the actual music.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4J_2Ryo6M8

fake or real? :-O

sounds fake, sounds nothing like LP (not even ATS side), and the information about Burn it Down just came out today, it's some loser who has no life

or in the Words of Ray William Johnson: CHECK YOUR WARNING LEVEL.

Edited by Jen
inappropriate language

If this is true, I'm not too surprised with the general lack of information and hype regarding the album or the single. This caused such a problem with their last two albums, where LP hyped up this incredibly new and unique sound, but things rarely live up to their hype. If you aren't expecting something in particular, that's one less way for you to be disappointed. The only thing they've promised so far is that it'll be more recognizable and there will be more guitar--something I believe they can deliver without disappointment.

If this is true, I'm not too surprised with the general lack of information and hype regarding the album or the single. This caused such a problem with their last two albums, where LP hyped up this incredibly new and unique sound, but things rarely live up to their hype. If you aren't expecting something in particular, that's one less way for you to be disappointed. The only thing they've promised so far is that it'll be more recognizable and there will be more guitar--something I believe they can deliver without disappointment.

I totally agree!

Sounds like a cheapo rock song to me haha. ' Burn it down yeah yeah yeah yea ' or something crap like that.

I'm sure I'll be completely wrong though, not trying to be negative. But ya cant beat The Catalyst s a single name, sounded so mysterious.

Ditto. I think this whole record is going to be like that to be honest. The creative side is going to come from elements they throw into each song, but mike calling it a "firecracker" record and Chester saying that playing these songs live are a big influence to create uptempo songs, just sounds like at the end of the day they want to add more energy to their live shows. more what i've done's, new divides, etc and less burning in the skies, iridescents, etc.

I think this album is going to be a lot like Hybrid Theory/Meteora in the sense that the energy never dies in the album. You can jam to those albums beginning to end. It's not going to be as heavy, use as much distorted guitars, screaming, etc but the energy is going to be up and they album won't feel as random as a Minutes to Midnight ( i.e. Leave out all the rest after Given Up)

Edited by thesungoesdown

Personally, I think the title sounds a bit generic and cliche but as long as the song itself is good then I can't complain. Some great songs have horrible titles. Hopefully this album is a good evolution of the progressive elements ATS brought forth.

I think this album is going to be a lot like Hybrid Theory/Meteora in the sense that the energy never dies in the album. You can jam to those albums beginning to end. It's not going to be as heavy, use as much distorted guitars, screaming, etc but the energy is going to be up and they album won't feel as random as a Minutes to Midnight ( i.e. Leave out all the rest after Given Up)

I think that'd be a good thing. MTM's transitions were sort of shitty, whereas ATS used the multiple interludes to make the transitions not so jarring. But if every song is nice and fast (with some variation of course), then there's no need for transitional interludes and the transitions themselves won't be as bad.

Also, I don't see why people are passing judgement on the title of the song, calling it "cliche" and shit. It's a song title. We haven't heard so much as one line yet, if it's even the title. Chill out.

Edited by SomedudeRemix

I think that'd be a good thing. MTM's transitions were sort of shitty, whereas ATS used the multiple interludes to make the transitions not so jarring. But if every song is nice and fast (with some variation of course), then there's no need for transitional interludes and the transitions themselves won't be as bad.

Also, I don't see why people are passing judgement on the title of the song, calling it "cliche" and shit. It's a song title. We haven't heard so much as one line yet, if it's even the title. Chill out.

I have to disagree here. the interludes made ATS worse