Guitar Center Sessions Broadcast 12/5

hahninator

It appears that the Guitar Center Sessions broadcast of Linkin Park's October 24th performance at The Wiltern has been moved to a different date - this Friday, December 5th.

In a new video of Numb uploaded to YouTube, Guitar center says, "Don’t miss Linkin Park on #GCSessions Friday at 9PM on DIRECTV Audience channel 239. Filmed at The Wiltern, the show includes hits from throughout their career and from their latest album The Hunting Party. "

"An exclusive live from the Wiltern clip of Linkin Park performing “Numb" from Guitar Center Sessions presented by JBL with host Nic Harcourt. See an all-new episode on December 5th at 9pm on DIRECTV's AUDIENCE (channel 239)."
The original announcement for the broadcast listed a date of December 12th at 9:00pm on AUDIENCE channel 239, but that seems to have changed very recently as this is the first we've heard of the new date for December 5th.
Guitar Center's website says that they'll be showing an interview with Mike and Chester as well as select songs from the show, which definitely means that the entire show will *not* be broadcasted. However, there will be some interesting behind the scenes footage, like they've teased in this video:
Make sure to set your recorders so we get an excellent recording of this event!
12/10/15 EDIT: The full HD recording is finally available, over a year later! Thanks to AlexAndr0nic for the heads up.
Enjoy!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have Direct TV. I'll be waiting for a YouTube upload if someone decides to do that. If not, I don't really care. I've become so bored with LP when it comes to live recordings that I honestly don't care anymore about bootlegs, DSP's, pro-shots, etc. I am excited for their upcoming live album, though, because I like physical copies of shit (I hate digital) and I also know it will be exceptional quality.

Brad is having a blast here, look at him! I enjoyed this video just because of him!

I love how everyone hates on Brad because he isn't jumping around crazy and literally moshing onstage to songs off of Hybrid Theory or Meteora. I love Hybrid Theory and Meteora because they are special to me, they were the first albums that I ever got into as a kid (11-13), but I will admit that nu-metal is God awful and just about every single song on Minutes To Midnight, A Thousand Suns, Living Things and The Hunting Party is infinitely better than anything on those two albums IMO, except for maybe Breaking The Habit. Not trying to start a flame war here, I swear I'm not, but if I was Brad, I would do even LESS than what he does on stage during the ''old shit'' because it doesn't interest me whatsoever. I mean, it was probably fun like 15 years ago, but I hardly see how anyone in the band is happy playing anything from those albums. They have so many good songs now like Shadow Of The Day, Iridescent, Rebellion, A Line In The Sand, Burning In The Skies, When They Come For Me, The Catalyst, Valentine's Day, Ammosick, In Between, The Little Things, Given Up, War, etc.

I love how everyone hates on Brad because he isn't jumping around crazy and literally moshing onstage to songs off of Hybrid Theory or Meteora. I love Hybrid Theory and Meteora because they are special to me, they were the first albums that I ever got into as a kid (11-13), but I will admit that nu-metal is God awful and just about every single song on Minutes To Midnight, A Thousand Suns, Living Things and The Hunting Party is infinitely better than anything on those two albums IMO, except for maybe Breaking The Habit. Not trying to start a flame war here, I swear I'm not, but if I was Brad, I would do even LESS than what he does on stage during the ''old shit'' because it doesn't interest me whatsoever. I mean, it was probably fun like 15 years ago, but I hardly see how anyone in the band is happy playing anything from those albums. They have so many good songs now like Shadow Of The Day, Iridescent, Rebellion, A Line In The Sand, Burning In The Skies, When They Come For Me, The Catalyst, Valentine's Day, Ammosick, In Between, The Little Things, Given Up, War, etc.

I do believe that the guitar player for one of the biggest bands in the planet must go mad during every song but I don't hate him for being just himself, I believe that he will be the first member to leave the band or maybe Joe.

I love how everyone hates on Brad because he isn't jumping around crazy and literally moshing onstage to songs off of Hybrid Theory or Meteora.

That's not true. Everyone gets older, no one expects him to go crazy. The general Brad "hate" is about him being a lazy fuck on stage. He's turning around all the time and kinda hides at his side of the stage, or his lazy and sloppy guitar solos. And for being so bad at the M&G's.

He has his moments on stage of course, he enjoys Numb a lot, Burn It Down and a couple of others I can't recall right now.

That's not true. Everyone gets older, no one expects him to go crazy. The general Brad "hate" is about him being a lazy fuck on stage. He's turning around all the time and kinda hides at his side of the stage, or his lazy and sloppy guitar solos. And for being so bad at the M&G's.

He has his moments on stage of course, he enjoys Numb a lot, Burn It Down and a couple of others I can't recall right now.

He loves the COG Experience if I'm not mistaken.

I mean to each his own, but Brad flat out looks stupid during a lot of the show. OSC bridge and he's standing behind Mike's keyboard looking like he wants to be as far away from the stage as possible? He dances on Castle, but damn I can't tell you how many times I saw him standing at that green tape on the very side of the stage playing (especially in Tampa) on Carnivores. He looks like he doesn't want to be there. He is flat out odd at the M&Gs and wants to be out of there as soon as possible, that's no secret at all.

Yeah, lots of good songs. One problem with your post - they don't play half of that shit live. The entire band collectively loves and blows up on WTCFM - one of the few live songs I see all 6 members truly all get into it and jam to every performance - but they never play it.

Brad extremely dislikes APFMH and overall, the band outside of Chester (and maybe 1-2 songs by Mike) doesn't want to play any of the obscure Hybrid Theory or Meteora songs, so good luck getting those in the future. I'm surprised With You has made it this far (even though I love that song).

Don't forget that he dances and jams out on What I've Done, too. But I see your point with that, I can't argue that it does seem like he enjoys the mid tempo-ballad type of songs.

Brad is just flat out weird. He only gets excited when they play the electronic stuff. I think we all recognize that Brad would much rather be making music with a computer than with a guitar. And as far as the setlists go, they're absolute shit. All this BS talk about making rock music and all they do is play singles and shortened songs.

Edited by castro78

Brad is just flat out weird. He only gets excited when they play the electronic stuff. I think we all recognize that Brad would much rather be making music with a computer than with a guitar. And as far as the setlists go, they're absolute shit. All this BS talk about making rock music and all they do is play singles and shortened songs.

I didn't realize singles and shortened songs were incapable of falling into the "rock" category. :rolleyes:

Astat...you know what I mean. They play way more "pop" songs than most of us would like. They make a pretty heavy record, for them, and then chose to play very little of it on tour. God forbid we don't get to hear Numb for the millionth time. They're way too concerned with catering to the casual fan...and the shortened songs are just flat out dumb.

Astat...you know what I mean. They play way more "pop" songs than most of us would like. They make a pretty heavy record, for them, and then chose to play very little of it on tour. God forbid we don't get to hear Numb for the millionth time. They're way too concerned with catering to the casual fan...and the shortened songs are just flat out dumb.

As negative as this post is....I agree 100%.

"Visceral" uttered 110,000 times before the tour, "rock album that was MADE to be played live", etc...they drop so much rock from the setlists and play so much electronic garbage and poppy single stuff. Not much new stuff.

Let's hear a great setlist with like Papercut, OSC, With You, Points, APFMH, Don't Stay, LFY, Faint, From The Inside, No More Sorrow, WTCFM, WFTE, Wretches, Lost In The Echo, In My Remains (maybe), Keys, All For Nothing, GATS, Wastelands, War, Until It's Gone, A Line In The Sand. Filthy. Tired of the slow shit.

Adios In The End, Numb, What I've Done, Burn It Down, Castle Of Dance, and Joe Medley.

I have DirecTV but I live in Argentina, can I watch It?

and by the way, how did you guys know that Brad "extremely dislikes" APFMH? He used to enjoy that song back in the day, he even used to throw his guitar.

Sorry for my english :lol:

Edited by mauriciokkp

I have DirecTV but I live in Argentina, can I watch It?

and by the way, how did you guys know that Brad "extremely dislikes" APFMH? He used to enjoy that song back in the day, he even used to throw his guitar.

Sorry for my english :lol:

I'm not sure if DirecTV Latin America will let you watch the American Audience channel tho

Because Brad's gotten old, dude ;)

As negative as this post is....I agree 100%.

"Visceral" uttered 110,000 times before the tour, "rock album that was MADE to be played live", etc...they drop so much rock from the setlists and play so much electronic garbage and poppy single stuff. Not much new stuff.

Let's hear a great setlist with like Papercut, OSC, With You, Points, APFMH, Don't Stay, LFY, Faint, From The Inside, No More Sorrow, WTCFM, WFTE, Wretches, Lost In The Echo, In My Remains (maybe), Keys, All For Nothing, GATS, Wastelands, War, Until It's Gone, A Line In The Sand. Filthy. Tired of the slow shit.

Adios In The End, Numb, What I've Done, Burn It Down, Castle Of Dance, and Joe Medley.

I agree that they should play some more songs from the new album, specifically Keys To The Kingdom, War and A Line In The Sand. It's literally pissing me off that they refuse to play Keys To The Kingdom because it's arguably the heaviest song on the album and is very in your face and screamy and heavy, it would translate well live. Trust me, if LP could pull off the ATS and LT songs live, Keys shouldn't be too hard. Drop Given Up for it.

However, I think they kept true to their word about being visceral. AFI and MARS are some good rock acts, and now with Of Mice & Men and Rise Against, they are keeping that alive. All of those bands are more ''rock'' and ''visceral'' than any of the bands LP has toured with since 2008, but that is obvious. Until It's Gone and Final Masquerade aren't very visceral, but they are good songs, the rest of the album is full of visceral and heavy, though, and even LPU14 is to an extent. They are keeping true to their word about touring with other rock acts and embracing their heavy sound.

I don't think it would be wise for LP to drop TONS of singles from the set, but rather a few, to make room for new songs. Given Up should definitely go in replacement of Keys To The Kingdom because Given Up really wasn't even THAT big of a single at all, and it's growing a bit tiresome, it hasn't sounded that great since 2007. Keys is much heavier and also is from THE NEW ALBUM, so that is a no brainer for me. The band must love Given Up if they still play it in full and keep it in the set ever since 2007. They should never drop In the End, Numb, What I've Done or New Divide because those are their biggest hits and please everyone. The rest could be altered though, I see no reason why they can't play some new stuff. War is so easy to play for them because there isn't any electronic elements or anything like that and Chester could probably handle that shit easily, he was in a punk band with Bucket Of Weenies, so War shouldn't be too hard, not to mention it's a short song, like Victimized was. Victimized actually sounded decent live to me. A Line In the Sand would be a challenge, but epic if they pulled it off...