2001.07.13 West Palm Beach, FL [Proshot]

hahninator

It was a long weekend for LPLive staff, but we didn't want to miss this one. Last Friday was Hybrid Theory's 14th anniversary and to celebrate, our friends at Road To Revolution BR posted a really cool exclusive. It's a proshot video of the band's Ozzfest 2001 set from West Palm Beach, FL.

For years, two songs were circulating from Ozzfest - Crawling and A Place For My Head. We had no idea what show they were from or even what the original source was. Finally, when RTRBR obtained this video from MTV Brazil, they confirmed that it was the West Palm Beach, FL show of the tour and that more footage existed. In The End was actually broadcasted on TV too but somehow it was not recorded like Crawling and A Place For My Head were.

With this release, we can see part of Papercut and all of Points Of Authority, By Myself, Crawling, In The End, and A Place For My Head. Five and a half songs! This is a great release and we thank RTRBR for sharing!

Setlist:
01. With You (Missing)
02. Runaway (Missing)
03. Papercut (Partial)
04. Points Of Authority
05. By Myself
06. Crawling
07. In The End
08. A Place For My Head
09. One Step Closer (Missing)
There is currently not a DVD download of the set but we are working on discussing this possibility with their staff.
Enjoy! It's nice to see the energy from the 2001 shows here and it's always excellent to have another proshot video released.

Yesterday i have discovered an important note about this show.

MTV Brazil broadcasted the whole setlist back to 2001. I had no ideia about it until two old fans came and say me.

Im working to get a TVRip from one of them who recorded it. Then i can release a DVD download :)

We hope you all enjoy it.

Yesterday i have discovered an important note about this show.

MTV Brazil broadcasted the whole setlist back to 2001. I had no ideia about it until two old fans came and say me.

Im working to get a TVRip from one of them who recorded it. Then i can release a DVD download :)

We hope you all enjoy it.

This would be great :)

And thanks to LPL and RTRBR for this Proshot ^_^

Chester is on some good shit for this show. His commentary before In The End is hilarious about saluting the crowd.

"We spent the last two days off making the new video for this song. I am fucking sick of this song right now."

I wanted to discuss the In The End video. The 10th, 11th and 12th were days off before this show.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1457104/vma-lens-recap-the-story-behind-linkin-parks-in-the-end/

"“In the End,” which Linkin Park filmed during a break from Ozzfest last July"

http://www.mtv.com/news/1446614/as-ozzfest-ends-bands-continue-their-wicked-ways/

http://www.mtv.com/news/1445204/operation-desert-form-linkin-park-shoot-in-the-end-clip/

7/17/01 "For the past five weeks Linkin Park have been making audiences come alive on Ozzfest, but last week they worked their magic on a desert. The Southern California rock-rap group shot a video on Thursday for the song “In the End” in which the bandmembers rock out in a barren desert that comes to life." That puts the date at 7/12/01. But then it says "The band shot the clip in Culver City, California, during a break from Ozzfest"

http://www.lptimes.com/article/Shoutweb_1001.html

7/09/01 or 7/21/01 (it was from Camden and there were two Camden shows) "We were filming our video for "In The End" in L.A. about a week and a half ago. You'll see in the video that we had a really cool set made."

So it seems like they worked on it on June 28 on their off day in California and then flew home from July 10-12 in LA to finish it. I think it's worth adding show notes to both shows around that time.

Also... Something happened in the crowd during By Myself and chaz got involed. Maybe some fight?

Chester was just telling the security to ''let the motherfucker watch the show''. They probably either crowd surfed or were removed by the security and Chester wanted them to let the fan watch.

• 6 months later...