Time Capsule

Geki

Did anybody purchase Time Capsule? I pre-ordered it months ago. Pretty excited. It'll be cool to have the few tracks with Chester, as well as all the other stuff. A lot of great stuff will be on the release. This thread will serve more of a purpose when Time Capsule arrives. I'll post my thoughts on it all, and tracklistings for all the CD's included.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty excited for the demos and unreleased songs. They said Chester can be heard in a lot of their early demos and mentioned Shaking in particular, which is included in the Time Capsule. It's also really cool that we'll finally get to hear full versions of those demos that were on their website so many years ago, like Technical Difficulties without screams.

when the release? Did you receive the parcel?

The release is unknown at this time, as far as I know, but expected by the end of 2017.

I'm pretty excited for the demos and unreleased songs. They said Chester can be heard in a lot of their early demos and mentioned Shaking in particular, which is included in the Time Capsule. It's also really cool that we'll finally get to hear full versions of those demos that were on their website so many years ago, like Technical Difficulties without screams.

That's badass. I didn't know that. I'm so pumped to listen to it all. All of the stuff you mentioned seems badass. I've been following them since PR07. I'm not a huge hardcore fan by any means but I do enjoy their music and listen to it whenever they put something out. I saw Julien-K again recently in August in Boston and it was awesome. I got to meet Ryan and Amir, etc. Cool guys. Only saw them once before that, a few times on PR07, I wish I saw them more. But excited for Time Capsule for sure.

That's nice. I hope I get to see them live someday.

It was pointed out to me that there's a voice that sounds like Chester's on "Maestro (Brandon Belsky Remix)". I know the band have collaborated in studio with many people and they're never credited on track titles. Have they ever talked about this remix in particular?

The band was asked if it's Chester singing that line in the remix on JK.com forums and Brandon himself posted "Maybe:)".

Could be them not wanting to ruin a cool rumor, though.

That's pretty cool. Wow. Chester probably was involved heavily with the DTA Era since he literally lived at Ryan's house in 2005 and some of 2006, I think. Ryan even mentioned it during his speech at the Club Tattoo Memorial. I bet Chester helped Julien-K write a lot of songs for DTA and we didn't even know. He probably sang some of them. We know he sang that set at PR07 but he probably messed around in the studio and stuff with Ryan. Pretty interesting.

Yeah Geki go watch that latest video stream they did. They went in depth about a lot of stuff. They said they have hours and hours of DBS/JK live footage (like even hanging out side stage during the LP set or backstage during LP, etc on PR07) over the years and want to do a Kickstarter like this for it. Aka they will have to find someone to edit it all together but Chester is in a lot of it. I think that will be their next project. They went through tapes and have like, the entire Chester JK PR07 set on video and just a ton of stuff.

Time Capsule: They said Chester went in and taught Ryan how to sing the songs so Chester is actually on the demos for that album. I suspect he will be on some of these in the Time Capsule too. Maybe not at the front of the mix but they said like Ryan would record over Chester sometimes and Chester is just further back in the mix. Interesting. Basically Ryan's delivery on these songs was created by Chester. I'm under the impression he sang like, all of DTA. He will be on some of the demos and I bet he's on the Maestro remix.

Yeah Geki go watch that latest video stream they did. They went in depth about a lot of stuff. They said they have hours and hours of DBS/JK live footage (like even hanging out side stage during the LP set or backstage during LP, etc on PR07) over the years and want to do a Kickstarter like this for it. Aka they will have to find someone to edit it all together but Chester is in a lot of it. I think that will be their next project. They went through tapes and have like, the entire Chester JK PR07 set on video and just a ton of stuff.

Time Capsule: They said Chester went in and taught Ryan how to sing the songs so Chester is actually on the demos for that album. I suspect he will be on some of these in the Time Capsule too. Maybe not at the front of the mix but they said like Ryan would record over Chester sometimes and Chester is just further back in the mix. Interesting. Basically Ryan's delivery on these songs was created by Chester. I'm under the impression he sang like, all of DTA. He will be on some of the demos and I bet he's on the Maestro remix.

Wow this is all insane. Going to go watch it now. Wow. This is epic.

EDIT: That's def Chester on that Maestro remix. Badass. You can hear him on the studio version of Maestro as well, now that I notice, he's buried very low in the mix. Fucking cool. But yeah, Chester was the executive producer for DTA and he literally lived in the same house that it was written in for years so I'm sure he definitely sang them all at one point, or helped Ryan with all of them. One thing I found interesting in that video was that Ryan said Chester wanted to join Julien-K as a full member but they had to say no, and that they would make their own record with him, thus came DBS? Badass. I didn't know all this epic info about Julien-K and Chester.

Also, wow, the full PR07 set with Chester singing. The most epic thing ever. I'd pay whatever to have that in a heartbeat. And on DVD? Take my money. Plus a lot of behind the scenes footage from PR07 apparently, my favorite tour of all time. I can't wait to hear all the old stuff on Time Capsule, as well as Shaking, that will be cool.

Edited by Geki

I'm excited for the Time Capsule.

There will be stuff coming out for the rest of our lives with how much Chester recorded, filmed, etc over the years. It's just an insane amount of stuff that will take decades. LP live shows, DBS footage, everything. All sorts of collaborations. Hours and hours of unreleased music.

I'm excited for the Time Capsule.

There will be stuff coming out for the rest of our lives with how much Chester recorded, filmed, etc over the years. It's just an insane amount of stuff that will take decades. LP live shows, DBS footage, everything. All sorts of collaborations. Hours and hours of unreleased music.

You're so right. Haha. I'm glad that Chester worked as much as he did to create stuff. His legacy will forever live on. Strangely, I'm more excited for the Julien-K stuff than I am the DBS stuff. I've come to really love Death To Analog a lot in specific over the last few years and I think it will be really cool to hear early versions of the songs from the album, as well as songs that didn't make their way onto the album, etc. And now that Ryan said you can faintly hear Chester in Shaking, a track included, that's badass. I also love the fact that Ryan and Amir found a tape with the entire Tinley Park 2007 set on it. Holy shit. I've wanted that for like 9 years. It's holy grail worthy, IMO. We've had KTB from it in poor quality for years. I always wanted to hear the whole set, it was epic as hell, I've seen a few fan videos from it, clips, and it's a super tease. Haha. If they do end up releasing that, I will be extremely happy, and will pay whatever the hell amount they would charge for it, just to have it. Hell, I'll make a damn CD out of it and play it in my car, as well as watch it on DVD.

The DBS stuff is probably cool but unless it's very early 2005 demos, it doesn't interest me, really. I now agree with all the people that said Howard Benson kind of ruined the album in a way. Just look at how epic the 2005 version of Let Down is. If they made a studio version of the song done in that manner, with electric guitars, it would have been epic, but it was changed, and had a shitty outro. We also know My Suffering was changed drastically, etc. It possibly could have been Chester that decided to change them, but even if he did, I still would prefer the original DBS songs, the way they were. I remember Chester saying in December of 2005 that the album was 90% done. So it's obvious that the 2005 versions are complete songs. They were also written simply by Chester singing with an acoustic guitar, so you know we won't get some ''donna'' shit. Warner also might be a bitch agreeing to release the DBS stuff, in that case, fuck it.

As for the unreleased stuff with LP, I would love it. Tons of great shows they recorded over the years, many of them, as well as many great unreleased demos and stuff, from all albums, especially the early ones. I'd love to hear the unreleased Meteora and MTM songs. I think a cool way for LP to honor Chester would be to keep releasing some cool tracks from the vault over the years with LPU. Fans would like it and it wouldn't require much of the band, just go through the vault every year and pick some cool stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a release date for it yet? When should I expect it? I want to hear it so badly. (Mostly the DTA ever stuff). I also saw that the band mentioned that Everyone Knows and shit will be included, which is badass, I love that song and it will be cool to have it on a physical release.

They said October, but I'm guessing it was delayed because of Chester's death.

I think it was. From what I can gather due to Facebook updates only the booklet notes needs to finish but as we know ryan and amir have had so many other things going on atm. Also don't hold me to this but the last Facebook live Q+A the band did stated only 1 disc was left to be mastered and checked, if that is still to be done I don't know? Either way I'm stoked for thus and JKHD

I'm curious now, will the set be available digitally online and on Amazon sometime after the indigogo copies are sent?

I wonder that, too. Digitally would be cool, if they put it on Apple Music or some shit. I'm curious if Time Capsule is even going to happen at this point. Lol.

I'm pretty sure it will happen. this is from the last update they posted -

Possibly the coolest shirts we have ever made .... STOKED

We are so excited to get these in today! This stuff is coming out GREAT!? The colors, print, and fabric is amazing! I think I'm keeping these for myself (haha)! SO far all of this ambitious merchandise collection has been turning out better than we had ever hoped - were getting closer to having the ACTUAL CD's soon! We have one major part to finish: The notorious LINER NOTES (FUCKING RYAN....)..

Love u all!

R

i did back the project and ill let you guys know when i get some sort of notification of when it will be sent and stuff?

I'm pretty sure it will happen. this is from the last update they posted -

Possibly the coolest shirts we have ever made .... STOKED

We are so excited to get these in today! This stuff is coming out GREAT!? The colors, print, and fabric is amazing! I think I'm keeping these for myself (haha)! SO far all of this ambitious merchandise collection has been turning out better than we had ever hoped - were getting closer to having the ACTUAL CD's soon! We have one major part to finish: The notorious LINER NOTES (FUCKING RYAN....)..

Love u all!

R

i did back the project and ill let you guys know when i get some sort of notification of when it will be sent and stuff?

I backed it too, is that how it works? We get like an email?