2014.11.19 - Berlin, Germany (Live DVD + Broadcast)

RogueSoul

thptour_europe.jpg

For what might be one of the band's best shows on tour, Linkin Park and Of Mice & Men will take the stage at the O2 World in Berlin, Germany on Wednesday, November 19, 2014. This will mark the band's ninth performance in Berlin!

The band's beginnings in Berlin root back to their first full-fledged European Tour, opening for the Deftones on their 'Back To School' Tour in March 2001. Being one of the earlier setlists in their touring career, the band performed many old songs including 'By Myself' and 'Forgotten'. LP returned later that year in September to kick off their first headlining European Tour (after 3 cancelled dates prior to the show), and it has gone down in Linkin Park history as one of the most interesting sets of their early career! The band performed three songs from the Hybrid Theory EP: the shortened live version of 'And One', the Mike Shinoda Remix of 'High Voltage', and the live debut of 'Step Up'. Chester performed an acoustic song he wrote, 'Morning After' for the second time ever in a Linkin Park setlist (it later became a Dead By Sunrise song). Joe played a short DJ set before the encore break, and Chester changed up the lyrics to 'A Place For My Head' by accidentally singing the chorus from the demo version of the song, 'Esaul'. The band returned again in September 2003 (after a cancelled show in June), where Meteora songs saw their first performances there, including 'Figure.09', 'Numb', and 'Lying From You'. Reanimation's 'P5hng Me A*wy' also saw its Berlin debut at this show!

The band returned to Berlin to kick off the Minutes To Midnight World Tour by playing the first show of the touring cycle at the Kesselhaus in April. This show shocked fans everywhere - not only did the band not close with 'One Step Closer' (which they did at every show from 2000 - 2004; in 2006, they closed with 'Breaking The Habit'), but they OPENED the show with it, with the debut of a brand new Gunshot Intro. 'No More Sorrow', 'Given Up', and 'What I've Done' were all played for the first time in front of crowds. This show also featured the only performance EVER of the 'There They Go / Faint' mashup - made up on the spot so that a fan could perform the song with them (the iconic extended outro of the song debuted at this show, so he wouldn't have known how to play it).

Check out this video of the first performance ever of 'No More Sorrow' in Berlin 2007. This was a rare moment that the entire fanbase agreed on a single opinion: what a filthy song! Would you like to see it return at some point on The Hunting Party Tour? This was one of the most popular LP videos from 2007 when it surfaced.

Linkin Park returned again in Summer 2008, where they performed a setlist full of treats - this tour featured the return of the studio version of 'Pushing Me Away! 'What I've Done' opened the setlist and the show concluded with 'A Place For My Head' and 'One Step Closer'. The band returned yet again to kick off the European Tour for A Thousand Suns in 2010. 'Wretches and Kings', 'When They Come For Me', 'Waiting For The End', 'Iridescent', 'The Catalyst', 'The Messenger' and all of the ATS Interludes saw their European debut on this show (or, arguably, on the private production rehearsal held the day before at the same location). The most recent performance was in 2012, on the Living Things European Tour at Admiralspalast. This show was shot for release for theatrical showings and for the Living Things+ DVD. The band "performed" 'Powerless' for the only time ever at the soundcheck for a music video shoot for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The setlist featured three songs from Living Things: 'Burn It Down', 'Lies Greed Misery', and 'Tinfoil'.

This show will likely see Linkin Park performing at their best - it's being shot for a Live DVD (in 4k quality!) and being broadcast to a VERY specific group of people. While details are still relatively scarce surrounding the DVD release, we have a bunch of details on the satellite broadcast! The event will be broadcasted via satellite to Samsung 2014 UHD televisions and be picked up with the built-in dvbs2 receiver. "First live concert in the world to be broadcast at Astra 19.2 degrees East in Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 pixel) in HEVC standard, at 50 fps and a colour depth of 10 bit." If you want to see if you're capable of watching the webcast, check the map here - it's only available in Europe, parts of Northern Africa, and the Middle East. If you're available to record it, feel free to share it here! Our friends at FooFightersLive.com have pitched in to help us capture the show, so if you're a Foo Fighters fan, be sure to stop by there and check out the site!

At the previous show in Frankfurt, the band ran through a standard Set B for the second show in a row, since it's already been confirmed that the band will be performing Set A in Berlin. The 4k filming techniques and cameras were tested earlier on the tour in Oberhausen, so that the band could get the best possible angles for the recording. Mike rapped 'Remember The Name' over his medley, and the rest of the setlist was standard as usual. Given that the band will most likely want to keep their setlist safe for this show, it's unlikely we'll see any major changes, but you never know!

Check out this performance of 'What I've Done' from Frankfurt - Brad absolutely nailed his new improvised solo during the extended bridge!

Of Mice & Men has been playing some epic sets: opening with 'Public Service Announcement', the band starts the energy immediately! They kick into more songs from their new album, Restoring Force, including 'Feels Like Forever', 'Another You', and 'Identity Disorder' (the latter of which is being performed for the first time ever on this tour). The band performs new singles including 'Bones Exposed' and 'Would You Still Be There' before closing out with 'The Depths' from their previous album, The Flood, and 'You're Not Alone'. Austin Carlile has been coming out to perform 'Faint' with the band on certain occasions - have you seen the collab live? What do you think?

Who will be attending the show? After this show, the band performs the last of nine shows in Germany in Bremen before concluding the European Tour with three shows in England. The band will then play 2 holiday festivals in December before taking the rest of the month off. The band starts 2015 off strong with a huge North American Tour with Rise Against and Of Mice & Men. If you didn't get the opportunity to see the band on this tour, don't worry - the band is rumored to return to Europe in Summer 2015 - check out more tumors for Asia, Australia, North America, South America, and Europe in this thread. LPU XIV will be launching the day after this show happens on November 20 - get all the info you need about it here! For updates on the show, check back here or follow us on Twitter.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm praying for this concert be the best of the year. In my opinion, until now, we don't have an "amazing" performance in 2014. This is kind of sad because The Hunting Party is a fucking amazing record!

Ps: No More Sorrow video is not working!

Edited by LeonardoMF93

For what might be one of the band's best shows on tour, Linkin Park and Of Mice & Men will take the stage at the O2 World in Hamburg Berlin, Germany on Wednesday, November 19, 2014. This will mark the band's ninth performance there!

:)

I'm praying for this concert be the best of the year. In my opinion, until now, we don't have an "amazing" performance in 2014. This is kind of sad because The Hunting Party is a fucking amazing record!

Ps: No More Sorrow video is not working!

Rock am Ring and Italy this year were phenomenal.

Read some interesting info about the 4k stuff. If we manage to get a recording and you want to watch the 4k version on your PC, you might not even get a smooth playback with a quadcore cpu lol, because HEVC is supposed to be decoded by hardware. The HEVC codec is even unsupported by Youtube at this point so you cant even upload the original file there.

Here's a screenshot from the demo channel that I found, to get a taste of the resolution: http://www.bilder-hosting.info/bilder/opt1415825176f.jpg

Apparently 1 hour is 13 GB.

Read some interesting info about the 4k stuff. If we manage to get a recording and you want to watch the 4k version on your PC, you might not even get a smooth playback with a quadcore cpu lol, because HEVC is supposed to be decoded by hardware. The HEVC codec is even unsupported by Youtube at this point so you cant even upload the original file there.

Here's a screenshot from the demo channel that I found, to get a taste of the resolution: http://www.bilder-hosting.info/bilder/opt1415825176f.jpg

Apparently 1 hour is 13 GB.

link doesn't work

This is the link for demo video from Astra 19.2E 4k HEVC Test Feed - Astra.SES.Demo[2160p/TS/348M]

Test your PC

Good media player for HEVC is latest VLC 2.1.5 or 2.1.4-libde265-3 or MPC-BE

The minimum system requirements for viewing 4K UHD video is a PC with an Intel or AMD CPU equivalent to Intel Core i7 with 4 cores, running at 2.3GHz.

Edited by Lexx

Surprisingly I was able to record the whole show in 4K :) It's about 22 Gigabytes :blink:

The bad thing is that Samsung/Astra messed up the sound in the first 5 minutes... (Intro+Guilty all the same)

Everything else is really great and the video quality is awesome.