Site Improvement Suggestions

What are some things you'd like to see done differently on LPLive? Changed? Added? New features?

Use this thread to discuss all of that.

For example something I know a lot of people want to see is a mobile version of LPLive.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one or two new Moderators. i can count on one hand the active stuff members (Stuff + Moderators). and really with all the respect to everybody, i find myself time after time bothering Jonas. (somethimes for even simple things like editing etc..).

i know you talk about it couple days ago, and you said later you will update about that, but i believe your mind was busy with letter to LP, which is really more important.

For example something I know a lot of people want to see is a mobile version of LPLive.

Good Idea.

I have some suggestions too.

1-A player in the main page.

2-why you're no using sharp to make an unbelievable cover for the site?for example check here (it's just an example).

3-An upload center just for pics.

4-And what do you think about some competitions in here.

Good Idea.

I have some suggestions too.

1-A player in the main page.

2-why you're no using sharp to make an unbelievable cover for the site?for example check here (it's just an example).

3-An upload center just for pics.

4-And what do you think about some competitions in here.

1. IMHO lpl doesn't need a player (for what?)

2. Hell no...

3. Depends for what?

4. Agreed

I have some ideas but first of all people need to actually edit/add shit on lpl. I don't know how does it work here but if people send stuff it would be nice to see it ON the site (it takes ages atm) Faster you add, faster we (contributors) can work on other things. Simple? :)

A new theme or themes

Share the thread/topic to social networks

don't do anything else,this website is way cooler than lpa,no offense,no offense at all,but if you go there,you're like,what?where am I?the simple your website is,more fans will come here,extra crap will kill this site's beauty....everything is fine,don't don't,youtube is changed,facebook is changed,lp official site is changed,I don't love their new design .this site looks fantastic,pictures?no,msc is enough for that job,let them do their part.that's it

a new place for "my experience at lp show I attended" or something like that,& don't let anybody comment there except staff,(as you all know,a long discussion will start again on these pages then lol)review of show kind of thing...

I've been wondering about a way for each show page to list all of the LPL members who were there. Or guest comments at each page. It could get out of hand/difficult to moderate/etc. but it could be interesting.

And yeah not sure if you were planning on waiting for the next version, but I sent in a ton of banners a while ago and was wondering if they were getting used.

I've been wondering about a way for each show page to list all of the LPL members who were there. Or guest comments at each page. It could get out of hand/difficult to moderate/etc. but it could be interesting.

I was about to post the same thing! Would be cool to see a list of people who "Have been" on each show and maybe something like "I'm going" for future shows. Talking about that, a list of people who contributed for each show page (setlist, photos/scans, show info etc.)

That would be cool.

Here's some I thought of

• Incorporate the logo into the site somehow? (I use Reanimation for Forums and MTM for the portal and I don't see the logo anywhere)
  • A subforum dedicated to Exclusives (Maybe in the download section?)
  • Maybe something like a Show Of The Day/Week Feature
  • Update the Setlists/Songs part of the site (Mainly Setlists since you've been working on songs)
  • More Staff (maybe 1-2 more forum mods, one dedicated to the show pages, one who routinely checks the DL section for broken links)

A subforum dedicated to Exclusives (Maybe in the download section?)

it's my question for a long time.

I've been wondering about a way for each show page to list all of the LPL members who were there. Or guest comments at each page. It could get out of hand/difficult to moderate/etc.

totally great idea for the who were there, but imo comments in the show pages will ruin them. in our case the read-only option is the better one. Edited by Skipees

I have a couple pop into my head every now and again that why I asked if there was an topic.

Here's a couple.

-A feature like Setlist Fm where you can click 'I attended this show', could help getting info about shows easier.

-a way we can select all shows that has happened in a certain city or state or country. Eg allows me to see what songs and sets the guys have played in Australia without going year by year.

-Maybe making the site a little more interactive somehow. It seems like the only interaction visitors can do is through the forums and shoutbox.

I'll post a couple more later. I do second a couple more mods/admins idea. It took forever to update the Perth setlist in the main post etc.

A tab,how many times the band has performed in a city,agree to pez,click & you're added as "I attended this show",if you're going for a new design,keep it simple please,load & extra features of no use will ruin the site,there're many fans who know lpl,but they don't know this site offers show pages,change the name of that tab, "LP SHOWS" instead of LPlive, or something like that

I am definitely a fan of the "I attended" suggestion that's popping up here - the shoutbox is there to give a community feel, and I think this can only add to that.

my main suggestion would be to keep it simple. I like the clean streamlined edge this site has, and I'm not a fan of tons of bulky graphics around buttons and members posts. I must say, I do quite like how the site's forum content is quite 'thin' down the page - It means I can zoom in if I want to, but I like to keep it streamlined. it reminds me of the really old Facebook from ~2008, and I like that

about site skins - rotating banners would make it easier to include post-MTM images, but I agree that work on a new version of the site is of greater importance now.

EDIT: it's been said elsewhere, but a "thank you" button on the Download threads would be good. you're more likely to get "thanks" if it's just a simple process of pressing a button, and it keeps comments to being about question/errors/points about the show etc.

-combine "Show Roll Call" with "Live Reviews" - with [RC]/[REV]. maybe together this parts will be more in use.

-Recording Of The Week - should be rename to LPLive Live Exclusives or just Live Exclusives, and move all the live exclusives from the Newswire to there. this part can be revive.

-"Introductions & Departures" too much high, can be moved to "The Basics" and replaced by "General LP Discussion" for example.

-maybe "documentary's" part for LPTV, LPUTV, interviews, behind the scenes, making of the music video/album. watch links and discussions. (i can take care of this part).

less importants:

-i saw show maps in LPA check here. maybe we can use it too.

-separate part for official releases sources in the show pages (for DSPs and the rest).

I actually think it's a good idea. Why not list all officially released stuff on show pages themselves? We could really make them something like Source 0, Source 0a, etc. if there are more than 1 Official source for a show.

I actually think it's a good idea. Why not list all officially released stuff on show pages themselves? We could really make them something like Source 0, Source 0a, etc. if there are more than 1 Official source for a show.

Fantastic idea. I thought we already did this but no, we only do it to an extent. This isn't hard to implement at all and can be done pretty easily with 1-2 days of work max probably. I definitely want to do this.

On the year pages we are going to make it list if a DSP was released or not already, so we might as well add a logo for an official release too.