2014.11.20 - Bremen, Germany (+ LPU XIV Launch)

RogueSoul

thptour_europe.jpg

Linkin Park's The Hunting Party European Tour is coming to a close, but that isn't stopping the band from kicking ass onstage! The band will perform for the first time in Bremen, Germany at the ÖVB Arena on November 20 for the last of NINE shows in Germany on this tour. Unfortunately for all of you, no history lesson today. You may put your pens and pencils down.

At the previous show in Berlin, the band performed at the O2 World, running through Set A. While the setlist ran particularly uneventful in terms of changes, this specific show will definitely be remembered. The show was broadcast in 4K definition via Samsung and SES outlets; the first time a live event has been streamed live in this quality. The word on the street is that the band will be releasing this show on a DVD, making it both the second live DVD to come from Berlin from the band (the first being Berlin 2012 for Living Things+) and the second concert to be released in 4K definition on DVD (the first being Muse's Live at Rome Olympic Stadium). A bunch of Linkin Park fans have managed to capture a recording of the broadcast - keep on the look out for download links soon!

For just a taste of what the quality of the live broadcast looked like, check out this video of the Experience Version of 'Castle Of Glass' from the Berlin show! The quality looks AMAZING, and it's not even in 4K definition in the video, complimented by the epic performance of the song! Who's excited for this show to be released?

Of Mice & Men, who have been opening for Linkin Park throughout the tour, have been making a huge statement with their live shows! Opening up with 'Public Service Announcement', they get the energy going straight away! They perform a bunch of singles off of their new album, Restoring Force, including 'Feels Like Forever', 'Bones Exposed', and 'Would You Still Be There'. They also perform a bunch of deeper album cuts including 'Identity Disorder' (which is being performed live for the first time ever on this tour) and 'Another You' before closing the show with 'The Depths' from 2011's The Flood and 'You're Not Alone'. Austin Carlile, the band's lead singer has been joining Linkin Park onstage on many occasions this tour for 'Faint' - would you like to see the collaboration happen more? The band will be touring with Linkin Park and Rise Against on the upcoming 2015 The Hunting Party North American Tour.

v2iqacZ.png

Coincidentally, LPU XIV will be launching the day of the show! For those unaware, Linkin Park's official fanclub, the Linkin Park Underground will be undergoing an update to release a bunch of epic new content for the hardcore Linkin Park fans to enjoy! Benefits of subscribing for a membership include an exclusive CD with demos, merchandise, and a bunch of other goodies! For more specifics and discussion on LPU XIV, check out this thread! The official LPU website is currently down so that it can undergo some upgrades for the launch of LPU XIV.

Now that the band is wrapping up this leg of The Hunting Party World Tour, there are a bunch of questions to be asked: what's next? Will setlists change? wil linkin prk com 2 brasil? Once the band wraps up the tour in London on the 24th, they break for a week and a half before playing two holiday festival shows in California. After that, the band takes the rest of December off and will undergo another North American tour in January and February with Rise Against and Of Mice & Men, hitting 19 cities across the eastern coast of North America. Following that, the band has yet to announce another major tour, but multiple festival appearances in Las Vegas (Rock in Rio Vegas), Colorado, and Wisconsin are scheduled in the spring and summer of 2015. Rumors are already running amok regarding 2015 - Asia, Europe, Australia, South America, and North America are all on the list. An Asian Tour is rumored to take place in April or May of 2015, with the band's first appearance in India ever and their first show in mainland China since 2009. The band is rumored to undergo a second North American Tour sometime in the spring or summer (despite Mike's words), as well as another European Tour in the summer. Rock in Rio Brazil and São Paulo are also contenders for potential South American dates. For more in-depth explanations and a timeline, click here to see The Hunting Party Touring: Rumors + Official thread. For tour requests, go bother our friend Adam at Warner Bros., otherwise known as the former head of the LPU. He helps get Linkin Park booked and ready to tour!

Tweet @heydudeimadam: Get Linkin Park to Antarctica, please! #LPinAntarctica
Just for the laughs. :lol:

Setlist-wise, there may be a promising future ahead of us (or not so much, depending on how you choose to look at it). In an interview with AltWire (Derek from LPAssociation's music site), Mike recently revealed some new details about what we can expect in setlists from upcoming tours (most likely starting in January). Regarding setlist changes, Mike said, "The band will not change the setlist for that tour drastically." Mike wants to add "at least one more new song", which could mean songs like A Line In The Sand, Keys To The Kingdom, or War could finally make their way into the limelight, given that those three are songs that both the bands seems to really want to play AND the fans want to see. Changing around the order of some songs in the setlist was also a possibility, he said. The lack of significant changes are due to the band (apparently) being very busy between the two tours with family and the holidays, not giving them enough time to rehearse (funny enough, the band had LESS time to rehearse new setlists between 2007 and 2008 - but when they began touring again, THREE brand new setlists featuring the debuts/returns of three songs ['Valentine's Day', 'In Between', and 'A Place For My Head'] were performed). The band rehearsed ALL of The Hunting Party and Hybrid Theory for previous 2014 tours, as well as 'No More Sorrow', 'When They Come For Me', 'Breaking The Habit', and 'A Light That Never Comes' (full), but they never made the cut for the Carnivores Tour and so on. What songs would YOU like to see the band play? To see more songs that the band rehearsed but didn't play throughout their career, check out this thread.

Who's heading to the show? As mentioned before, the band only has three dates left on the tour: Manchester and two shows at London's O2 Arena. Check back on LPLive for news on the show, as well as on all other Linkin Park trends (including LPU XIV)! Check back here or follow us on Twitter for updates.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here.

Longest pre-show post N/A?

*fanboy moment* PLENTY OF AWESOME IN THIS POST!!!! :D :D :D :D

On the other hand, there are lots of loading wheels on COGE (specifically the breakdown).

LPU XIV tracklist:

1. something (with vocals?)

2. 2002 demo (Charges Around?)

3. Sold My Soul To Yo Mama

4. Breaking The Habit (Live)

5. Pushing Me Away (Piano)

6-9: unreleased demos without vocals

10: Carousel (1999 DEMO)

Edited by IrresistibleCookie

Fuck Mike he had the chance to do that in 4K and he did it to cellphone cameras

I actually have to agree that it sucks that we got Remember the Name in 4k when we have a million proshots of it already, and he did High Voltage at the very next show.

Do you honestly believe they wouldn't do the safest thing possible so that they can have the best performance of that set possible rather than play a set where they've historically had difficulty playing at some points, let alone doing something they've never done before for a DVD release?

Do you honestly believe they wouldn't do the safest thing possible so that they can have the best performance of that set possible rather than play a set where they've historically had difficulty playing at some points, let alone doing something they've never done before for a DVD release?

I mean I know that's why it was set A to begin with, but I still kinda wish they would have taken some risks lol. :P

But yes, logically I see why they would stay within their comfort zone set-wise for a DVD release.

Great show, especially Mike had tons of energy. At the Meet&Greet I requested something different for Mike's medley and suggested a Fort Minor song other than Remember the Name. It ended up being High Voltage which was a great surprise! Also, Joe probably had a cold or something, he didn't do any backup vocals tonight. And no Austin on Faint.

Why do you think they changed the setlist on theire own?

Maybe if someone had asked him on the M&G in Berlin, if he could do a little verse, it would be now on 4K...

As i said, High Voltage is my favourite song, i just wanted him, to do a little verse on the intro of "until its gone"

I'm happy that he actually did it on his solo part

so it was me, who asked him to do High Voltage......

Edit: Thats what i wanted to say too, if Austin was on Faint, i had to be on a very deep sleep :D

Edited by lampshade

If you want to complain about the setlist going on DVD, don't forget that the band literally just dropped 'Reading My Eyes' from the setlist for Milton Keynes in 2008.

I feel like that might have been due to copyrights. After all, RME was written when they were Xero and Wakefield was in the band. Can't think of any other reason for dropping it.

I didn't criticized the choice of playing Set A for the DVD. If it is the most comfortable between the two sets, then i understand it. I only just wish that Mike decided to rap High Voltage. But again it is not even a complain, i am happy for this surprise.

If you want to complain about the setlist going on DVD, don't forget that the band literally just dropped 'Reading My Eyes' from the setlist for Milton Keynes in 2008.

Maybe it was down to them feeling like they weren't 100% sure they would nail it for the DVD show, or maybe they didn't want to put a song that only the hardcore fans would know in that set? Who knows, I realized that a while ago though.

I feel like that might have been due to copyrights. After all, RME was written when they were Xero and Wakefield was in the band. Can't think of any other reason for dropping it.

Silly thing to think, RME was released on LPU 6 and Mark has songwriting credits on 3 of the songs on Hybrid Theory (as well as their subsequent remixes on Reanimation), plus several other demos we've gotten through LPU over the past couple years. Complete non-issue. RME was dropped from Milton Keynes to open up more time for the Jay-Z portion of the set, plain and simple (Jigga What/Faint is longer than Faint, they played part of Numb/Encore when they already played Numb in full, and the encore break was longer than usual).