Linkin Park Shooting First Music Video For New Album This Week!

MrInfluXion

https://twitter.com/#!/ChesterBe/status...320382724112384

Looks like the album is coming along very well if a video is already being shot. Chester replied to a fan today who asked how the album was coming along. He said, "it is coming along very well. We are shooting our first video this week!"

When does everything think the album will be out? Summer? Maybe even Spring?

EDIT: Check out what Mike tweeted tonight: https://twitter.com/#!/m_shinoda/status...387092932104192

"That's enough @RollingStone live-tweeting for me. Back to real life, and working on the @linkinpark album for summer 2012. #JAYZSyncShow"

Oh WOW, I hope he's not kidding or being sarcastic. This is great LP news! It's also funny because I was just on his Twitter earlier today wondering when he would tweet again...haha.

As for me, I think the album'll be out sometime in the summer. I think spring may be a little too optimistic...

Edited by Serenity of Ashes

If they're touring in late May/Early June then it's obvious LP is planning on wrapping up the album before then. They've obviously decided on what the first single is, so they've made definite progress on the album and what they expect it to sound like. I think the album is finished and all that's left is mixing. The Europe tour is a warm up. I'm going with single/video out in May before the tour. April's going to be virals and whatnot. News should start flowing in early April. A couple new songs played on the euro tour with a mid-late June album release. Summer US tour to support it kicking off in July!

My pipe dream lol.

Alright, so if I'm not mistaken the video for The Catalyst was filmed in June 2010. Song released in August, video soon after, album in September.

So if we use roughly the same timeline, filming is going to begin in March, so the lead single out in May, album in June? Seems like this could be it.

Alright, so if I'm not mistaken the video for The Catalyst was filmed in June 2010. Song released in August, video soon after, album in September.

So if we use roughly the same timeline, filming is going to begin in March, so the lead single out in May, album in June? Seems like this could be it.

I hope you are right!

I hope you are right!

While I think that is possible, it makes me curious as to what they would do on their May shows? Would they just already start playing the new songs and premiere them then? I could see them playing a new single live, but a few songs?

While I think that is possible, it makes me curious as to what they would do on their May shows? Would they just already start playing the new songs and premiere them then? I could see them playing a new single live, but a few songs?

It's not impossible. They did What I've Done, No More Sorrow, and (I think) Bleed It Out before Minutes To Midnight came out.