LPL Forum Rules And Regulations - Revised May 18, 2014

• 9 months later...

can we clarify the sharing rules with regards to iTunes fest 2011?

both the audio and video were broadcasted over iTunes (free software), but there are officially released tracks from this source on the iTunes EP, which we obviously can't share ($$$!)

does the 'no-sharing' restriction on the iTunes EP therefore also extend to the full pro-shot, both audio and video?

When something released as audio for sale, but the video broadcast for free - the video source is allowed.

This is why:

- Rock am Ring 2004 (LPU4)

- Live 8 (LPU5)

- iTunes 2011 (iTunes EP, BID single and LT Austalian tour edition)

Allowed as video source only.

But:

- Texas 2003

- Milton Keynes 2008

- Madrid 2010

(And of course Roxy 2004 and Berlin 2012 that released only as video sources for sale)

Not allowed as both.

Maybe it sounds weird, but this is how things are working here as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It has nothing to do if something is audio or video

Alternative sources are allowed, even if part of it was officially released. Which would be for example the TV version of Rock am Ring, the webcast for iTunes Festival. And NOT the direct files of the official releases of course.

For example Milton Keynes from TV would be allowed I guess, but why would anyone want that since the quality is quite crappy compared to the official release. AUD recordings of official shows are allowed too of course.

Madrid 2010, has a TV version that is quite different from the official release, so that is allowed too.

Roxy 2004 has no version that was NOT released. The two different versions are on the same DVD, some people seem to forget about that sometimes.

The radio version of Berlin 2012 would be allowed too, it is very similar to the official release but that didn't include a separate audio. The shorter TV versions are allowed too.

I hope that clears it up, I guess we'll need to make that part of the rules more clear.

DIME has this rule that alternative sources are only allowed if the official material is removed, if it's the full show the whole thing is not allowed no matter if it's an AUD recording or not. That's something we don't like to do with live stuff. It would just butcher the stuff, circulating incomplete versions or putting alternative sources never in circulation. Since alternative sources are for example not allowed on DIME we can share them at least here. DIME is a site that tries to stay legal, that's why their rules are so strict and quite uncommon.

Alternative sources are allowed, even if part of it was officially released.

This is limited only for live material, not for studio material, right? (Just to be sure.)

I hope that clears it up, I guess we'll need to make that part of the rules more clear.

What's led me to think that audio/video is the issue was this thread, someone removed the links there.

It's much clearer now.

I don't see how there can be alternative sources for studio material, it's either the real deal or not. Stuff like radio recordings or webcasts of upcoming releases are of course not allowed.

Unmastered/alternative mixes/demos etc. are allowed if they are different from the final track.

I don't see how there can be alternative sources for studio material, it's either the real deal or not. Stuff like radio recordings or webcasts of upcoming releases are of course not allowed.

I meant to radio recordings or webcasts. I remember the X103.9 raw file was included official songs (old ones) between the interview parts so I edited them out.

Now it's all clear.

• 2 years later...

Question about Digital Booklets. We can't post them, because it's part of the official release, so we can't post original file (for example: pdf etc.), but what about if someone extracts original files from that pdf and post them (eg.: in png format)? We can or we can not post them in that way?

I'm asking because I saw someone who did that.