One Year

hahninator

It’s so incredibly hard for me to watch anything from Birmingham but I find myself doing it. At the time, obviously nobody knew it would be Chester’s final concert. But it was and it’s 100% special to me for that reason. Even if it was the worst show that the band ever played, which it wasn’t at all, it would still be 100% special to me. Damn. Can’t believe it’s been a year today. In hindsight, watching some videos from this show, Chester was giving us something. I won’t get into all that. The OML video from this show that’s on YouTube is really special. The whole show had moments like it. RIP Chester.

I can't speak on it but in my honest opinion, I believe that Chester knew this was his final show. He would never have let the band or his family know. And fans wouldn't have known at the time. But when you go back now and watch this show, there are a lot of reasons as to why I think that. I guess it was a fitting end, in a sense, since Chester loved touring and he especially loved touring in Europe. I just listened to an interview the other day and the interviewer asked Chester where he would rather tour, Europe or the US, and Chester said Europe hands down, he said Europe was his absolute favorite place to play. So I guess it's cool in a way that his legacy ended with a final European tour. It sucks for everyone and for other fans and it's sad, but idk. I've come to appreciate One More Light Live a lot for this reason. It's a good proper send off to the greatest frontman ever. Playing live was his favorite and playing Europe was his favorite, what better way is there? Just wish they had a few more tracks on the album like Wastelands, OSC, some of the heavier songs, but I have other recordings for those.

Edited by Geki

I've come to appreciate One More Light Live a lot...Just wish they had a few more tracks on the album

I'm hoping that we eventually get a deluxe edition, at the very least, with more tracks. Best case scenario, LP just release every show from the OML tour. They can take my money, and it'll be money well spent.

The OML tour felt different, though I don't know if that's because I'm remembering it after we lost Chester, through watching clips on YouTube and thinking, "He's giving himself to the fans." Those performances in the crowd get me every time. I miss him but I'm glad we have the music and those videos, and hope there is much more to come in the years ahead, celebrating Chester.

The one thing I wish LP would do is release proshot video or at least audio of this show, the Audience recording is not good quality, and it would be beyond awesome to have Chester's final show in HQ (I KNOW they recorded it... Battle Symphony on OML Live was from this show) If there was at least a decent sounding AUD I wouldn't be bitching though. and goddamn, that BTH performance gets me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. That 31 second pause... I feel so bad for Chester seeing that, I sometimes wish that I could've hugged him the night of July 19th-20th and told him that everything was going to be ok.

Edited by xxHybridXeroxx

I am so grateful that we have guys like PhoenixLP 220 or Qwerty95k who put literally every recorded stuff of LP on Youtube. Also, we have to be very grateful to WBR and LP who allow all that.

When you look for other artists (whether it is Billy Talent, Ed Sheeran or Taylor Swift) there are like 5 concerts available on Youtube. Really appreciate that.

Also, nearly a year later, I have to say that Mike really helped ALL the fans to get through it. Imagine we wouldn't have heard anything from a LP member since the Hollywood Bowl show in October. It would be heavy.

It's like PT, his interviews and the (upcoming) live shows give me life.

Edited by DexLP

We need Birmingham in full video. It exists. Even audio. It exists. Chesters final show. Cmon.

I dont get why Phoenixlp220 and Qwerty95k dont have any OML stuff but I agree they are great channels.

Edited by Geki

Also, nearly a year later, I have to say that Mike really helped ALL the fans to get through it. Imagine we wouldn't have heard anything from a LP member since the Hollywood Bowl show in October. It would be heavy.

It's like PT, his interviews and the (upcoming) live shows give me life.

Me too! I was at a very low point prior to the EP coming out, and the EP and the subsequent album have helped me. I obviously still have a long way to go though.