Thrash Hits have some potential album news...

Rob_Wilson

Wow, this thread started out well but it's plain to see that all the haters came out of the woodwork again.

Is it so hard for all of you to accept that none of you are part of Linkin Park? It's really that simple. If you're in the band, you have a say in what music you want to make. If you're not, then you don't have a say at all. Just try to enjoy the music they do make and stop fighting about it already.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTM was actually more of a departure from their ''sound'' than ATS was to be honest. A good majority of ATS sounds like typical Linkin Park to me. More than half of MTM sounds different than anything LP has ever done, songs like Hands Held High, The Little Things Give You Away, In Pieces, Shadow Of The Day, In Between, they all sound very different than Linkin Park. LP had the most fun making MTM than any other record and it took the longest, which in the LP world, means the album will be better. If LP rushes something, like they did with ATS, the final product suffers because of it. There is a reason that Phoenix says ''MTM is Linkin Park at it's best'' at the end of the making of, or why Mike and Chester both have stated that it is their favorite album so far.

Don't think everyone would agree with LP that MTM was "Linkin Park at it's best though". I would never define any of their albums like that because they each have their weaknesses. Certain songs fair enough. MTM I thought was weak in comparison to ATS which I felt was alot more creative. MTM felt like they were more inspired by other artists, not to say that's a bad thing but ATS is more like LPs own defined sound

Edited by linkinsteve

Wow, this thread started out well but it's plain to see that all the haters came out of the woodwork again.

Is it so hard for all of you to accept that none of you are part of Linkin Park? It's really that simple. If you're in the band, you have a say in what music you want to make. If you're not, then you don't have a say at all. Just try to enjoy the music they do make and stop fighting about it already.

I'm not a hater, I say what I think. And I think they have to go to more Rock again then for a Fan it is pretty hard to see your favorite Band doing a kind of metal or rock, but with later releases they going softer and softer.

Are we fighting against the Band ? No, we have accepted ATS but I can't accept that do nothing on stage for the fans for example to play the old shit that they have never played for years. Like I said it is not only their record change.

I like MTM, I think it is the best album that they have ever done. It is fresh, it is rock and is Linkin Park.

ATS has only 9 Tracks, the other six are whatever Intros outros ? Empty Spaces is the funniest ever. ATS is a Try to be conceptical, more not.

But I like all songs, I don't hate it, but I want the guitars back just simple.

MTM felt like they were more inspired by other artists, not to say that's a bad thing but ATS is more like LPs own defined sound

That's intressting, because ATS remind on a copy of Kid A from Radiohead. Robot Boy is definitely inspired from "Hey Joe" - Jimi Hendrix or the Video from Waiting on the End remind me on a Video from Radiohead too.

MTM was actually more of a departure from their ''sound'' than ATS was to be honest. A good majority of ATS sounds like typical Linkin Park to me.

Lol! Good joke. ATS is obviously more of a departure than MTM. I don't even need to argument on that. I know MTM is your favorite record but still, you need to be objective.

or why Mike and Chester both have stated that it is their favorite album so far.

When did they say that? if it was before ATS, it doesn't make sense to report it. And I don't think MTM is Chester's favorite album so far. I remember him saying "ATS is the only record we've made I like all the songs from"

No, they didn't sell out. Anyone who suggests such a thing is... Well, to put it frankly, an idiot. They're making the music they want to make. That's the opposite of selling out.

Sell out : "Anyone who sacrifices artistic integrity in an effort to become more successful or popular (generally in music); someone who forgets their roots."

Metal and Hip-Hop don't sell today. That's why they changed, everybody know that. So i don't think i am an idiot. Go to the street, ask people if they prefer songs like part of me, lying from you... or Shadow of the day, Iridescent ? I'm sure that 90 pct will choose the second answer. I don't say they didn't want to make other things but if "rock/metal" in general was the most popular music they would not have made MTM and ATS.

When did they say that? if it was before ATS, it doesn't make sense to report it. And I don't think MTM is Chester's favorite album so far. I remember him saying "ATS is the only record we've made I like all the songs from"

Yes. For people who didn't see this interview, i post the link.

In Meteora era, he said that Meteora was better than HT. In MTM era, he said that MTM was their best album. And now in ATS era, he said that HT is better than Meteora and MTM but ATS is better than HT. It's just hilarious.

Edited by haimu

Sell out : "Anyone who sacrifices artistic integrity in an effort to become more successful or popular (generally in music); someone who forgets their roots."

Metal and Hip-Hop don't sell today. That's why they changed, everybody know that. So i don't think i am an idiot. Go to the street, ask people if they prefer songs like part of me, lying from you... or Shadow of the day, Iridescent ? I'm sure that 90 pct will choose the second answer. I don't say they didn't want to make other things but if "rock/metal" in general was the most popular music they would not have made MTM and ATS.

Yes. For people who didn't see this interview, i post the link.

In Meteora era, he said that Meteora was better than HT. In MTM era, he said that MTM was their best album. And now in ATS era, he said that HT is better than Meteora and MTM but ATS is better than HT. It's just hilarious.

Did they sacrifice their artistic integrity? No. Actually they are constantly growing as an artist with every album and learning to become better song writers and musicians. Did they do it to be more popular? No. I think many of us have already read the rant by Mike after ATS where he explained that accusation. Did they forgot their roots? I don't think they have, you can still hear Linkin Park sound in their every album, and by thinking their first record as their only root is in a way bit stupid, because the band has said many times HT isn't the only sound the band can do.

You don't know why they changed their sound, so stop saying "everybody know that". And to your second point, you are pulling those percentages from your ass. Actually i think if you go asking people what's their favourite LP song, i easily could imagine most people answering In The End, One Step Closer, Faint, Given Up or other songs like that which are all at least a bit more rock.

All videos where he said those or didn't happen. I honestly don't think Chester has ever said HT is better than MTM and Meteora. And even if you could provide the links (which i doubt) of course your taste in music can change. I sometimes say From The Inside is better than Faint, then sometimes i think it's the other way around :D

My english isn't the best but i hope you get my points.

Edited by Jani

those albums weren't that good thats why

I can't vouch for Blink or Incubus, but the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album was great. You just can't listen to the terribly mastered CD, Rick Rubin trashed it. The vinyl sounds fantastic however, and if you were ever a RHCP fan to begin with you can't argue that Brendan's Death Song isn't one of the greatest tracks they've produced.

ATS was not rushed. An album that takes two years to make is never rushed.

(It arrives precisely when it means to.)

I think ATS was rushed, because in the Making Of ATS, the timeline for the album started out about February, 7 months before the release. Up until that point, they had been working on a lot of other songs (according to Chester), which were the ones that sounded like PTB and WWDK, which, imho, sound very different in style than the ATS batch.

Fingers still crossed for my original theory that they took the Post-MTM/Pre-ATS batch of songs and refined them into a perfect blend of the three eras of LP ^.^

Did they sacrifice their artistic integrity? No. Actually they are constantly growing as an artist with every album and learning to become better song writers and musicians. Did they do it to be more popular? No. I think many of us have already read the rant by Mike after ATS where he explained that accusation. Did they forgot their roots? I don't think they have, you can still hear Linkin Park sound in their every album, and by thinking their first record as their only root is in a way bit stupid, because the band has said many times HT isn't the only sound the band can do.

You don't know why they changed their sound, so stop saying "everybody know that". And to your second point, you are pulling those percentages from your ass. Actually i think if you go asking people what's their favourite LP song, i easily could imagine most people answering In The End, One Step Closer, Faint, Given Up or other songs like that which are all at least a bit more rock.

All videos where he said those or didn't happen. I honestly don't think Chester has ever said HT is better than MTM and Meteora. And even if you could provide the links (which i doubt) of course your taste in music can change. I sometimes say From The Inside is better than Faint, then sometimes i think it's the other way around :D

My english isn't the best but i hope you get my points.

Exactly, in LP's case changing their sound has actually did the opposite to what the definition of selling out is.

False, i can't hear Linkin Park in ATS, if it wasn't for Mike and Chester vocals, no Linkin park would be in ATS. ATS does not feel like an LP album

Exactly, in LP's case changing their sound has actually did the opposite to what the definition of selling out is.

I always say, it did the opposite of selling out but that doesn't make it good Edited by Bliss

False, i can't hear Linkin Park in ATS, if it wasn't for Mike and Chester vocals, no Linkin park would be in ATS. ATS does not feel like an LP album

I always say, it did the opposite of selling out but that doesn't make it good

You really don't understand what an opinion is, do you?...Also, you only recently began admitting that they didn't sell out, so "I always say" is not really true at all.

Thrash hits recently put this post up on twitter:

Do people care about gossip about the new albums from Linkin Park or Green Day? We've been eavesdropping again.

I'm assuming that given a couple of hours there will be some form of article up on their website here by the end of the day.

Here's hoping!

EDIT: Since posting that on twitter (it was also linked to their facebook) some comments have been posted on their status and they gave some interesting replies:

If what we heard is to be believed, Linkin Park have finished recording now, and have actually moved away from the electronic stuff on this new one.

Personally, I don't believe this to be true due to what Rob said in the chat on Monday, however maybe they have finalised the songs they plan to perfect for the album?

Also after a bit more discussion they then posted this:

While the record business in 2012 is a very different beast now to what it was back in 2000, we're sure the difference in sales figures/musical style between LP's earlier/later material might've played "some" part in their decision-making process.

This part sounds like they're echoing what was said in Kerrang last week/week before so could be interesting - as to how much credibility is behind their source I don't know but I suppose it adds to the speculation ;)

What does everyone think?

Do people care about gossip about the new albums from Linkin Park or Green Day? We've been eavesdropping again.

I'm assuming that given a couple of hours there will be some form of article up on their website here by the end of the day.

Here's hoping!

EDIT: Since posting that on twitter (it was also linked to their facebook) some comments have been posted on their status and they gave some interesting replies:

If what we heard is to be believed, Linkin Park have finished recording now, and have actually moved away from the electronic stuff on this new one.

Personally, I don't believe this to be true due to what Rob said in the chat on Monday, however maybe they have finalised the songs they plan to perfect for the album?

While the record business in 2012 is a very different beast now to what it was back in 2000, we're sure the difference in sales figures/musical style between LP's earlier/later material might've played "some" part in their decision-making process.

This part sounds like they're echoing what was said in Kerrang last week/week before so could be interesting - as to how much credibility is behind their source I don't know but I suppose it adds to the speculation ;)

Here's hoping!

cant wait for the new album

You really don't understand what an opinion is, do you?...Also, you only recently began admitting that they didn't sell out, so "I always say" is not really true at all.

no, i always say they sell out and then I notice it's actually the opposite of selling out.

Just to clear things out:

Linkin Park changed their sound from Meteora to MTM because they realized that they didn't want to reproduce the same sound over and over again. What they chose though, is a direction more mainstream and appealing to the masses, you cant deny that. I dont know why they did, actually I dont care why. But it was their decision to move to more mainstream paths and the fact that it sold less is not because they made less commercial albums, but because the music industry has changed and in general album sales are not as high as they used to be back in 2000 when HT came out.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it just has to be some hard trashing melodious riffs , chester screaming and mike hardcore rappi'n yes im talking abt the HT and Meteora days , would be something bringing them back to life once again , electronica was sweet worked well , cheers and now lets get back to some old books ;)

Edited by aravind221

Chester's voice is no longer available for more screamings like in some HT songs, Meteora songs or songs like QWERTY in the shows, just have to listen Bleed It Out in the last shows. That's what I think, the reason that why more songs are like MTM and ATS style maybe this is a theory about that, but probably I'm wrong with this.

Edited by MacGyver