New Hybrid Theory (Band) Date

hahninator

Our staff member Lestat has recently discovered a "new" Hybrid Theory (band) date from 1999, which we have added to the live guide. Check out the show page for more information on the show. Newspaper clippings (which you can see on the show page) advertising the show at the time lead to this fine.

1999.11.12 Fullerton, CA, The Backalley

The lineup at this show was Alien Ant Farm, Hoobustank (before the name change to Hoobastank), Hybrid Theory, Boy Hits Car, and Kundalini.

We are still on the search for more 1999/2000 tour dates, as we know there are more out there somewhere. Cobalt Cafe in Canoga Park, CA held quite a few shows by Incubus and Hoobustank, so we think it's possible Hybrid Theory might have played with them there at some point. This brings the amount of dates for Hybrid Theory to five that we have, plus the Lockout rehearsal and the unknown Cobalt Cafe show.

Other smaller updates that we've done:

- Added some clippings to the Xero section of the site.

- Added a few live pictures to the Hybrid Theory (band) shows.

- Added a new Tasty Snax show + clipping.

Cool! Thanks LESTAT! Maybe one day we might get a Recording of one, Kinda like Grey Daze, But I highly doubt that'll happen, Unless Ostrick gets off of whatever he's smoking to give us the Lockout Rehearsal (I mean $10k?? WTF?!, that's more than a lot of people's yearly income and half for others!!!) anyway I love learning about the history of the band, Hopefully one day we get something live from the 1999-Early 2000 pre LP era! In my dreams I guess...

Edited by xxHybridXeroxx

We are always working on obtaining these things, it's not something that has ever been "forgotten" by us. I have faith that it will happen one day, like the Music for Relief 2005 show. He knows what he has is valuable and as of now, he hasn't sold it to anyone. My opinion is that the best time for it will be when LP "retires" / stops making music or touring.

We are always working on obtaining these things, it's not something that has ever been "forgotten" by us. I have faith that it will happen one day, like the Music for Relief 2005 show. He knows what he has is valuable and as of now, he hasn't sold it to anyone. My opinion is that the best time for it will be when LP "retires" / stops making music or touring.

Yeah, That may be awhile, and to be honest I DON'T want LP to retire! I love their music too much! With that said I really appreciate the hard work all of you do. :)

I have asked to Chester years ago on a chat if they plan to be the next U2 or whatever band you like that will keep going till die. Haha He said YES.
It's a matter of time until something show up. I can say as example the other bands like Tool, Metallica, DMB... If you look at their community, there are always old stuff being shared after 20 years.
When I find old taper/colletors, they usually reply with the same thing: "Ohh, I used to tape concerts years ago, all the stuff are boxed and storaged somewhere." You can say by that... We have thousand of LP or HT tapes at some room.

Yeah, That may be awhile, and to be honest I DON'T want LP to retire! I love their music too much! With that said I really appreciate the hard work all of you do. :)

LP isn't going anywhere anytime soon, trust me. The Marc Ostrick tapes would be amazing to have but I've always been much more interested in the band from 2007 and onwards. There are a few things I would rather have from 2007 and onwards more. But obtaining the Marc Ostrick tapes would be legendary for the fanbase. Maybe someday it will happen. He's just asking for too outrageous of a price, IMO.

That's a good point. I'm about 50/50 on what I'd like more: Making of MTM (Webster Hall) vs the Ostrick tapes. Both would be huge.

I think a majority of the fanbase would rather have the Lockout Tapes because unless you're a hardcore MTM fan like me and you, the making of might not be as epic. I still think it was epic. I mean it had a ton of information about the songs on MTM and bonus footage of the band screwing around, etc. It was basically the DVD that came with MTM but twice as epic (and I love the DVD that came with MTM as well, so that's saying something).

The only real problem with it would be how would it ever be obtained? We know how to get the Lockout Tapes, pay Marc Ostrick for them. But I'm not sure who would have the Making Of MTM Webster Hall Version... Mark Fiore obviously, but how would the fanbase go about asking him? I'm positive that the actual band and Mark Fiore and Lorenzo and Adam and all those people aren't even aware of what the Making Of MTM Webster Hall Version is, let alone how bad fans have wanted it over the years. It was kind of like when LPU uploaded all the LPTV episodes that were on iTunes in 2007, the full ones, for download, and they were uncensored. I bet the Making Of MTM Webster Hall Version is just sitting in a box somewhere or on a hard drive, etc. I'm sure there had to have been DVD's made of it because how else would theaters all across the U.S. obtain it to show in theaters?

I literally remember the day in 2007 when I went to Albany, NY to see the showing. There was some kind of note that said to come early to catch an inside glimpse of Linkin Park's new album or something like that, and it ended up being like around a half hour long or so, and it had all that footage and everything that I've talked about. Then the Webster Hall show came on. Nobody thought anything of it at the time because they didn't know how rare it would become. I assumed that the Making Of MTM that came with the album would be the same as what we saw in theaters, but it was drastically different. The Making Of shown in theaters did look a little bit ''uncut'' in a sense, like the LPTV episodes that were uncut that LPCatalog released in 2015, but it still was produced enough that it didn't look low budget or anything like that.