Julien-K Album Release Show

hahninator

Julien-K played at The Roxy in LA last night for their album release show for the new CD "We're Here With You". As expected, Chester joined them for a few songs!

SETLIST:

01. We're Here With You

02. Futura

03. Surrounded By Cowards

04. Fail With Grace

05. I'll Try Not To Destroy You (feat. Chester)

06. Palm Springs Reset (feat. Chester)

07. Kick The Bass

08. Close Continuance

09. Breakfast In Berlin

10. Someday Soon (Headcleanr Remix)

11. Maestro (Koma + Bones Remix)

---------------

12. Cruel Daze Of Summer

This is the second time that Chester has been featured on 'I'll Try Not To Destroy You' and 'Palm Springs Reset' - the first being the Dead By Sunrise show at the end of last year. Usually he joins Julien-K for 'Technical Difficulties' but it looks like we have two new ones for him to sing on! Did anyone from LPLive make it to the show?

Check out the videos below:

Thoughts?

Dudes, both songs are awesome! Chester should definetely be on the album personel...

Can someone please tell this guys he DEMAND the three JK songs feat. Chester on SDB quality? They make me anxious to know if they'll ever release this (just like acoustic DBS)...

I keep saying this.. Ryan should be LP's guitarist!!! go away brad!

...Ryan's playing in these two videos consists of nothing but basic first position chords (Em, G, Am, C, D...I think that was about it) that every student guitarist learns within their first couple months of playing. I've also yet to hear any evidence that Ryan is anything more than an average guitar player. He played powerchords 80% of the time in DBS songs and left anything with even a moderate degree of difficulty to Amir (same goes for Julien-K's first album), and Orgy's guitar parts were always more about making interesting noises than actually playing guitar in a conventional manner.

Amir is a different story, he's shown quite frequently that he's a pretty creative guitar player who comes up with a lot of interesting lead work, but Ryan's playing that I've seen over the years is about on par with most high school-aged kids who have been playing for a few years.

On another note, this is the first time I have listened to any of Julien-K's material from their new album (which I only did because I was curious to see how Chester contributed to the live performances), and I think both of these songs could put me to sleep.

...Ryan's playing in these two videos consists of nothing but basic first position chords (Em, G, Am, C, D...I think that was about it) that every student guitarist learns within their first couple months of playing. I've also yet to hear any evidence that Ryan is anything more than an average guitar player. He played powerchords 80% of the time in DBS songs and left anything with even a moderate degree of difficulty to Amir (same goes for Julien-K's first album), and Orgy's guitar parts were always more about making interesting noises than actually playing guitar in a conventional manner.

Amir is a different story, he's shown quite frequently that he's a pretty creative guitar player who comes up with a lot of interesting lead work, but Ryan's playing that I've seen over the years is about on par with most high school-aged kids who have been playing for a few years.

On another note, this is the first time I have listened to any of Julien-K's material from their new album (which I only did because I was curious to see how Chester contributed to the live performances), and I think both of these songs could put me to sleep.

I said it because i like ryan. period. omg jesus fucking christ!!!

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Granted, I still intend to listen to the entire album because I did love Death To Analog, but these two songs are pretty meh.