New Album Out in Q4 Of 2012?

LPxDC

So take this with a VERY VERY tiny grain of salt, and there is no real source but just throwing this out there. It's very left field of this particular station (the top 100) to be even posting about this but if the band are truly aiming to have the new album out this year, Q4 sounds about right.

http://www.hot995.com/pages/toby.html?article=9557040

LINKIN PARK have been in the studio and they're almost done with a new CD!

According to sources close to the band's label, WARNER BROTHERS MUSIC GROUP, the iconic band has about four more songs left to master before being 'mostly' finished' with a new CD for the label which should be released in the fourth quarter of 2012 - meaning close to Christmas.

Labels like Warner Brothers are into their first quarter now, which began before the holidays.

Additionally, the Warner Music group, which consists of REPRISE RECORDS as well as the WARNER label, are expecting new releases from GREEN DAY in 2012, and they're excited about the profile of one of their new artists - NEON HITCH - who is currently featured on ASS BACK HOME by the GYM CLASS HEROES.

Seems abit fast for me, LP usually take a long time to make a new record and I wouldn't be so sure if they didn't take time on this to be honest. Maybe would be something like a remix album or maybe something like CC? I dunno but I would hope for a new album soon.

Doubt this is true. If they've already written, recorded, and nearly mixed and mastered a new album, I don't see why they would wait to release it toward the end of the year.

Agreed. There are often large gaps between album completion and release, but for an album that, by this evidence, seems like it would be ready in February to be released in the fourth quarter is bizzare. My bet is they're aiming to finish just before the summer tour, which would make a fourth quarter release sensible.

MLK.com said in the LP @ RAR/RIP announcement that the new album is coming in Summer 2012.

But still, this is interresting just because of the fact that it seems to be that people around Warner tell the "sources" different dates, however I see Summer 2012 being legit.

Edited by sckofelng

You don't have an album almost completely mastered a year before it's released. Mastering happens in the weeks leading up to a release. So either the band is far from being done with mastering, or the album is just going to randomly come out in a month.

I'd like to know what "sources" Hot 99.5 has.

I would love it if they would do it like the LPU. Suddenly it's here without any announcements.

But Warner wants money so they have to do promotion.

I think it comes out after the summer tour/shows where they'll promote the album.

My bet is May, maybe April.

Because everytime that Linkin Park played in Rock Am Ring they have a new album to play on the stage.

4 songs to end the album mixing sounds good to me. They need to do some promo stuff and all that kind of things.

Lets wait for official comments.

They aren't though. Mike confirmed that through his tweets.

He just pointed out that they weren't a reliable source of information. He didn't actually CONFIRM that the rumours were true or not.

Well played, Mike. Well played.

Edited by adaminator1

My bet is May, maybe April.

Because everytime that Linkin Park played in Rock Am Ring they have a new album to play on the stage.

4 songs to end the album mixing sounds good to me. They need to do some promo stuff and all that kind of things.

Lets wait for official comments.

If ther album would be out in april/may, I expected a single in march

Edited by LPU90

If ther album would be out in april/may, I expected a single in march

I think it would be cool to release the new album in Spring of 2013... kind of like they did with MTM in May of 2007. First single could come out in February/March/April and then the album could come out in May/June, that way they could do a summer Europe tour, as well as do a PR in the states, etc. Maybe after that, hit up Australia and Asia or something, maybe even South America or play in some places they have never played in before, such as Africa. It would be epic.... But I highly doubt that would happen.

I think it would be cool to release the new album in Spring of 2013... kind of like they did with MTM in May of 2007. First single could come out in February/March/April and then the album could come out in May/June, that way they could do a summer Europe tour, as well as do a PR in the states, etc. Maybe after that, hit up Australia and Asia or something, maybe even South America or play in some places they have never played in before, such as Africa. It would be epic.... But I highly doubt that would happen.

the best way is:

april - 1st single

may - album then promo show

june/july (1st half) -. european festival

july (2nd half)/august - projekt revolution tghewn oppikkoppi festival (south africa)

september (2nd half)/october - Australia & Asia

november - 2/3 show in Middlwe East then south america (6/7 shows)

kroq almost acoustic christmas

------------------------------------------------

january - winter european tour

february/ march - north american tour (including more canadianbshows)

off-tour time:

september (1st half)

december (except for the kroq's day

the best way is:

april - 1st single

may - album then promo show

june/july (1st half) -. european festival

july (2nd half)/august - projekt revolution tghewn oppikkoppi festival (south africa)

september (2nd half)/october - Australia & Asia

november - 2/3 show in Middlwe East then south america (6/7 shows)

kroq almost acoustic christmas

------------------------------------------------

january - winter european tour

february/ march - north american tour (including more canadianbshows)

off-tour time:

september (1st half)

december (except for the kroq's day

The band hasn't done a summer US tour since 2008. In fact, they have only done ONE US tour in almost 4 years, and it didn't cover a lot of places. So the band definitely is due for a good US tour, they play in Europe way too much. What about the US (their home country), Australia, Asia,etc? Why do they get shafted while Europe gets TONS of tours??

The band hasn't done a summer US tour since 2008. In fact, they have only done ONE US tour in almost 4 years, and it didn't cover a lot of places. So the band definitely is due for a good US tour, they play in Europe way too much. What about the US (their home country), Australia, Asia,etc? Why do they get shafted while Europe gets TONS of tours??

I recall chester once commented that European festivals and crowds are more fun, not afraid to go crazy etc. remember Germany made MTM stay in the charts or something for aaaaages, and they always go nuts for the band at RAR/RIP. if europe's good to them then it makes sense for the band to tour there alot.

I personally feel that the UK tends to get a raw deal in LP tours as it only gets a few dates as part of bigger european tours on the continent, but that's just my opinion

I don't forsee album 4 being released this year, early '13 maybe, but not late '12, it just doesn't seem likely...

Edited by LGraham