Milton Keynes setlist was supposed to be different

Astat

I'm sure some of you remember reading reports that Reading My Eyes was on the preliminary setlist at Milton Keynes, but wasn't performed. Well we now have confirmation of that, along with a couple other interesting surprises...

-Reading My Eyes would have been played after Points of Authority, as it had been at other Set X shows on the '08 European Tour.

-Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You was supposed to be performed as the first song with Jay-Z, but was dropped in favor of the regular Lying From You.

-Bleed it Out was originally supposed to be the last song before the encore, and Jigga What/Faint was supposed to close the show, but BIO was moved down to the very end.

Source: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/bul...645IMG_0794.jpg (thanks to whoever it was who uploaded this in the photos section on LP.com)

If you take a look at the setlist in the DSP from the Milton Keynes show, you'll notice that it says "FINAL" at the top of the page, which indicates that it was changed at some point. This is obviously an earlier version of the setlist, before it was changed (maybe the setlist even went through multiple versions, who knows).

Also, there's some writing to the left of the song titles on the picture I posted, and while it's pretty faint, you can see that it says "Cut" next to Reading My Eyes.

I was going to just post this in the Site Corrections thread, but I figured not many people would see it there.

lilIverson09 Edit -

I decided to move this to newswire this a really good find. Do you think the MK show would have been better if this was the setlist for the night? Discuss!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, DOYS/LFY is my fav LP/JZ song, uve got to be kidding me... And RME I can understand dropping from the set, but I still don't agree w it!! I'm sorry to say this, but seeing that just ruined my nite. Well I'm exaggerating, but it pissed me off.

Edited by LPPRJKT4

i think setlist with Reading My Eyes and Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You would be better, and more special, even if RMY would be a hidden song, this would be better "extra content", becau we don't have any RMY proshot recording.

The show would have defo been better with the setlsit unchanged, haveing RME on the setlist & getting the 1st proshot of it would have made my day for sure :) lol. 'Numb/Encore' should have been in full instead of half cause i rememeber Jay peformin 'Jigga What' during his setlist. DOYS/LFY would have been performed as well, don't think it would have been a good idea not haveing BIO close the show cause then u wouldn't have the party vibe at the end which was just total class :D. Either setlist wouldn't matter, as long as i see LP live thats all i care bout lol

Edited by LPKode2

I'm not sure why everyone keeps thinking the original set would have been SOOOO much better.

The only better part would have been getting Reading My Eyes. Did you guys not see LP's performance of Lying From You on the DVD? It's amazing.

Bleed It Out is also a fantastic closer, and while I love the Jay-Z/LP songs, I think the show should end with a Linkin Park song. And come on guys Bleed It Out is just fun as hell.

So again I'm not sure what everyone thinks would have been so amazing other than Reading My Eyes.

I can't believe. They TOTALLY RUINED set for THAT show... :blink:

They took out 1.5 songs and switched two other songs around. It's really not that different. We get way too worked up over setlists sometimes.

I'm not sure why everyone keeps thinking the original set would have been SOOOO much better.

The only better part would have been getting Reading My Eyes. Did you guys not see LP's performance of Lying From You on the DVD? It's amazing.

Bleed It Out is also a fantastic closer, and while I love the Jay-Z/LP songs, I think the show should end with a Linkin Park song. And come on guys Bleed It Out is just fun as hell.

So again I'm not sure what everyone thinks would have been so amazing other than Reading My Eyes.

i liked the end with bleed it out but i have seen lying from you so many times live so it would have rocked to see Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You insted and reading my eyes they could have easly droped some of the piano songs that they have been play for like 4ever

It would have been great to have Reading My Eyes on DVD! While it would have been nice to have Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You, at least we do have that on the Collision Course DVD.

Edit: I'm very happy they scratched the idea of having a collab close the show. IMO, a collab has no business opening or closing a LP headlining show.

Edited by RMD369

Lol the only reason I'm pissed off is cuz the LP version of RME is one of my fav songs by them, other than that I kinda agree w/ most ppl that we are overreacting bout the sets. Still wud've been nice to see DOFY / LFY again.