Reseda Beach Still Goin On?

Jay_Sensei

i was on youtube watching Red Rum by Ribkat (who is Takbir from SOB for those who dont know) and i saw this posted by the people who manage Styles of Beyond's Youtube Channel about 9 months ago (i know its a little late, but at least its SOME news about Reseda Beach)

StyIesOfBeyond Tak just got done with the whole Theory of Addicts album, and is now working with Harvin Sethi. The release date of Reseda Beach is gonna be put out in just a bit, so I guess he and RYU are done or just closin' it up. Don't worry man

As far as I'm aware, Tak hasn't even spoken to anyone from the SOB/Spytech crew in well over a year. So there's no way he was working on finishing the album with Ryu 9 months ago. Tak has made rather harsh (and largely unfounded) comments toward some of the other people involved with SOB, but regardless of how you feel about his statements, he's also said the reality of the situation is that this album will likely never see the light of day.

As far as I'm aware, Tak hasn't even spoken to anyone from the SOB/Spytech crew in well over a year. So there's no way he was working on finishing the album with Ryu 9 months ago. Tak has made rather harsh (and largely unfounded) comments toward some of the other people involved with SOB, but regardless of how you feel about his statements, he's also said the reality of the situation is that this album will likely never see the light of day.

what comments did he make if you do not mind me asking? I remember him going off on Mark on his facebook page XD

I remember him going off on Mark, but Mark was defending Mike from some of the things that Tak had said on his fb page...

My .02 is that Reseda Beach won't ever be released, and if SOB won't get back together, FM will suffer as well..

I remember him going off on Mark, but Mark was defending Mike from some of the things that Tak had said on his fb page...

My .02 is that Reseda Beach won't ever be released, and if SOB won't get back together, FM will suffer as well..

No cuz then the lp album will be delayed!!!1!1!1!111lolol

Ryu said it's going to come out and I believe it. I trust Ryu way more than Tak. Ryu likes LPL/SOBC and is cool to all of us (especially Jay). He told us in a video chat that it'll be coming out. He wants to use the same method to release it that GBC used, with the same company but he wants to wait for the "right time". I don't know what that means but I think we should ask him if we get an opportunity. If GBC goes on tour I'll try and see if I can talk to him about it. Point is, I think we'll get it.

and lol, yeah, Tak made some CRAZY statements about Mike on his Facebook page and I was like "what in the fuck" so I no doubt took up for Mike and said Tak was being absolutely ridiculous, then Tak responded and blew the fuck up...we had a few comments that we swapped. Basically what I got from that is that Tak is a complete moron and is very ungrateful towards Mike for FM. He said Mike fucked them over which I HIGHLY doubt, but oh well.

Tak says Mike fucked them over probably because SOB wasn't a huge successful artist. Ryu has GBC which is way more successful, and maybe Tak is jealous? Who knows. Kinda sucks though because I wanted to hear Reseda Beach.

Tak says Mike fucked them over probably because SOB wasn't a huge successful artist. Ryu has GBC which is way more successful, and maybe Tak is jealous? Who knows. Kinda sucks though because I wanted to hear Reseda Beach.

I would actually say they are equally not-very-successful. That's what underground music is.

i recently added taks facebook to see what he said

--------------------------------------------------------------

4) What are your thoughts, on how the whole Fort Minor/ Machine Shop records situation was handled?

I personally feel that it was a bunch of bullshit. We (S.O.B put a lot of sweat into our last record for 2 years only to get strung along and crapped on in the end. I was extremely disappointed in Mike Shinoda because when everything fell through the wet paper bag he basically said "Sorry Fellas....See Ya" and that was that. I thought we would've had much more support from him and the horrible label but obviously not. I could ramble for ions about this but I wont....nuff said.

5) It's been rumored that you sold your Machine Shop chain for over $15,000. If it is true, can you explain why?

Yes it is true. I had a "Super Fan" in Asia, who was obsessed with my chain who was willing to do anything to get it. "Super Fan" offered me a rediculous amount of money which I didn't believe ""Ofcourse" until "Super Fan" called a relative who arrived shortly after one of my shows with a pocket full of feddy. I said "Wowzerz" and simply handed over my chain with a sinister grin. I realized that we (S.O.B were bamboozled and got the good ol" "3rd Bass" treatment and signed a record deal just to get a damn chain which means nothing to me now and thats why I sold it..ya hurd

6) Is there anything you can say to the fans regarding the highly anticipated release of "Reseda Beach"?

Man....what a "Reseda Bummer" sorry guys but like I said we were severely crapped on by Warner Brothers and wonderful Machine Shit oops I mean Shop.It really sucks because we have a lot of loyal S.O.B fans out there that have been patiently waiting for this record only to find out that its probably never gonna be released.

so yeah apperently he had some pretty nasty things to say at that time :/ its pretty sad that he feels that way, i understand the Warner Bros thing, but the Machine Shop comment was definately uncalled for

Edited by Jay_Sensei

Im curious, i've read about this previously but never continued to look into it. How exactly did Mike or FM "fuck" Tak over?

a basic idea of what happened is: sob finished Reseda Beach, but Warner was delaying the release, cause they didn't like the album, or something. So Mike confronted them about it, and it got into a huge fight, and involved LP, Machine Shop, and SOB. In the end, Warner said that they didnt want to release the album, so SOB decided to leave. the good news was, that they got the full rights to the album (or so we've been told) so they could release it on an independent label, or just do a digital release. apparently, Tak felt that Mike didn't do enough to help SOB, while Ryu felt that it was Warner's fault.

That's about all I know. Someone feel free to correct me if i missed anything.