Chester in Kerrang!

FearOfTheDuck

What I was most interested in was Chester's mentions of the lyrical content; glimmers of hope, of positivity. That's something I'm not used to seeing with LP. That's what I'm definitely most interested to hear more about.

This has me a slight bit worried. I'm hoping the style of these positive lyrics are more along the lines of "Breaking The Habit" and Iridescent, not like "Not Alone".

I have always liked LP's headstrong theme among many of their songs and hope they keep the "fuck them, you can do this" attitude in the new album instead of becoming like cheerleaders going "you got this, tiger!"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not agreed. Too easy and too generic judgement. If distorted guitars are used the right way and in the right moment, they can be very pleasant.

I was talking more about the boring powerchord part, distorted guitars are fine. I just hope they don't turn out like the majority HT and Meteora's guitar work which was just powerchords and octaves for the most part although I admit there was some interesting stuff on them, just not much. I'm not saying that powerchords are BAD or anything, its just that I don't want an album full of them.

Edited by Op4blushift

Don't get too excited guys, this album still isn't going to sound like HT or Meteora. If anything, it'll still be more like ATS, just as they've said "more upbeat and big choruses". Do NOT take this interview out of context and think that they''re going back to nu-metal. That would just be stupid and pointless. Regardless, this is very exciting news and I can't wait to see what they have in store as summer draws closer.

reposting this for the sake of it being correct.

the pie chart said HT guitars, so hopefully that means heavy guitars.

Pie chart could very easily have been Kerrang pandering to fans and doing baseless speculation.

yeahhhh, Bliss, you don't read much Kerrang do you...? :lol:

Ohh big mistake. ATS has indeed a LP-mark on it.

yeah, their names are in the album credits... Edited by LGraham

Ohh big mistake. ATS has indeed a LP-mark on it.

LP made ATS, yes, but you can't generalize the band like that. They have 4 other albums (including new one) that don't sound like ATS. LP doesn't have one specific sound.

yeahhhh, Bliss, you don't read much Kerrang do you...? :lol:

nope I've read Kerrang like three times only, some Chester interview from forever ago (where he said he hates the song runaway), this one, and some interview about Blink-182 once, that's it Edited by Bliss

LP made ATS, yes, but you can't generalize the band like that. They have 4 other albums (including new one) that don't sound like ATS. LP doesn't have one specific sound.

hahah i knew what you meant i was messing around :lol:

nope I've read Kerrang like three times only, some Chester interview from forever ago (where he said he hates the song runaway), this one, and some interview about Blink-182 once, that's it

yeah, K!'s not the most reputable source for something as substantial as the percentage of guitars to electro in a new LP album :P

I keep getting the feeling that I've really outgrown K! in these last few months - they over-expose bands that have irritating obsessive fan bases purely because they know they'll buy anything bearing the band name on it, they use the same boring language to describe every badn they come across and i'm getting rather tired of it. Rocksound seems to cover more of what I'm now interested in. i'll buy K for interesting stuff like free cds or downloads, but I'm starting to buy it less and less now

hahah i knew what you meant i was messing around :lol:

yeah, K!'s not the most reputable source for something as substantial as the percentage of guitars to electro in a new LP album :P

I keep getting the feeling that I've really outgrown K! in these last few months - they over-expose bands that have irritating obsessive fan bases purely because they know they'll buy anything bearing the band name on it, they use the same boring language to describe every badn they come across and i'm getting rather tired of it. Rocksound seems to cover more of what I'm now interested in. i'll buy K for interesting stuff like free cds or downloads, but I'm starting to buy it less and less now

Yeah I do not read kerrang much but just looking at the covers of the magizines I have noticed what you describe. Most music magazines are'nt that great in my opinion so I just rarely read them aside from interviews sometimes

Yeah I do not read kerrang much but just looking at the covers of the magizines I have noticed what you describe. Most music magazines are'nt that great in my opinion so I just rarely read them aside from interviews sometimes

yeah, you'll notice magazine covers will have some big thing saying "THE NEW ALBUM - XYZ SPEAKS!!" and it'll be less than a 1/4 of the page with some stock picture with the band member saying "yeah we have an album out soon"

so irritating