New Album Discussion

[AndOne]

My theory is either that this is simply an Escape the Studio tour, or that the band are finishing the album in time for the tour, ready for a winter release after a few finishing touches. There is a gap between a band finishing an album and the record company releasing it- sometimes even a gap of 6 or more months.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me really interesting are the names of new songs, ATS names were weird first for me :) I remember the period when MTM was going to be released I tried to think what names the songs would have, because the pause between last album Meteora was so long)) The names was amazing enough. In ATS we got song with tytle "Blackout" which many many bands have and others interesting names.

Guys, what thoughts do you have on that theme?

Edited by Maxthunderer

Agreed, I still think this tour will be an 'escape the studio tour' just like they did for MTM with Summer Sonic 2006.

Yeah! For that reason I don't think a lot when the album will come or something, while I waiting for news about this, I want to wait another album like HIM and Julien-K :D

• 2 weeks later...

Reading you talking about this possible "escape the studio tour" (as in 2006), I thought about the question of singing new songs at these shows.

Does the band finally sing a song of the last LPU's demo? Imagining this in few shows in the next summer (also in 2006: they sang QWERTY).

What songs could be played in this case? It would be a lot of my imagination? Across The Line (LPU 9), What We Do not Know (LPU X), and Pretend To Be (LPU X) enter here?

Or, the set would remain as the setlists 2011, with minor variations, without encore, with the addition of some songs are not sung for some time?

Edited by Victor Del Porto

I don't want a self titled album...at least not right now. This is LP's 5th proper album. I'd like to see a self titled album maybe for their 10th album, if they ever get that far.

haha, considering how long it takes them to release stuff they'll be gnarly old men by album 10 :P

chester's tats will have gone horrendously saggy, but he'll have the loudest scream for a guy getting a pension :lol: and Brad won't even need the headphones to protect his hearing...