LPU Membership Changes (New $25/year Plan)

Xero21

From the LPUnderground homepage: (where you to have to be a member to view the news...)

"We’re excited to announced a new membership tier. Now, for just $25, you can become an Annual LPU member and receive an LPU11 membership laminate and lanyard which will give you early entry to Linkin Park shows. You’ll also get all of the other LPU benefits for a whole year including opportunities for meet & greets, pre-sale tickets, LPU-TV episodes, exclusive music, access to the online community and more. These members will also be able to purchase passes to International LPU Summit events for an additional fee. LPU11 PLUS Membership tier is still available for $60 and includes the full membership package and FREE pass to Summit events. The $10 monthly pass is no longer available for purchase. If you haven't renewed from LPUX, you can check out this new membership option at LPUnderground.com.

For those of you who purchased the $60 LPU11 Annual Membership up until this point, we'd like to thank you for your dedication by guaranteeing that you will be selected for ONE meet & greet during the upcoming Linkin Park tour cycle. If a tour date is announced that you will be attending and you would like to be on the meet & greet list, email lpuhq@lpunderground.com with the subject "LPU11 ANNUAL MEET & GREET: (CITY)". Tickets for the show are NOT included."

So now these are the two memberships:

-$25.00/year

"LPU11 laminate and lanyard for early entrance to Linkin Park Shows

Chances for Meet &Greets at Linkin Park concerts

Access to concert Presale Tickets and Best Seats for LPU(additional fee required for Summit pass)

Live Video Chats with members of Linkin Park

Monthly LPU Auctions and Giveaways of LP gear and fan experiences

Access to entire LPU-TV and LPTV Downloadable Archive

Online Community Access and Connections to LP fans from around the world"

-$60.00/year

"Entire limited edition LPU11 merchandise package:

T-Shirt

Earplug case with earplugs

LPU11 Flag

Lanyard and membership laminate

Access to LP events including International LPU Summits (no additional fee for Summit pass)

Also includes all LPU11 Pass benefits"

EDIT: Q&A questions from Adam can be found HERE.

Thoughts?

Edited by Hahninator

Some points are not clear for me: "early entry to Linkin Park shows" - what this means?? "purchase passes to International LPU Summit events for an additional fee" - nobody would tell of course :)

This is what i've read on the "What Is LPU ?" on the LPUnderground.com

"Early Entry: A brand new benefit of LPU11 is early entry to the venue at Linkin Park tour dates. Early entry gets you to your seats right away, or a great spot to watch the show from the floor (for GA tickets), or get a good spot in line at the merch booth. The laminate in the merchandise package is more than just a cool thing to wear… it’s your way to get early access at the venue."

"Early Entry: A brand new benefit of LPU11 is early entry to the venue at Linkin Park tour dates. Early entry gets you to your seats right away, or a great spot to watch the show from the floor (for GA tickets), or get a good spot in line at the merch booth. The laminate in the merchandise package is more than just a cool thing to wear… it’s your way to get early access at the venue."

Tnx for explaining but I would like to see how it happens in live, haha. I was at many concerts and can't imagine how it will be done in countries like Russia or Ukraine because our security works very very bad and with the worst manners..

Tnx for explaining but I would like to see how it happens in live, haha. I was at many concerts and can't imagine how it will be done in countries like Russia or Ukraine because our security works very very bad and with the worst manners..

Owh,okay2.. lol

I'm not sure how they will handle it but i'm sure,those who wear the laminate will get serve first..

it's like we're the VIP for the concert..

I guess.. :)

Owh,okay2.. lol

I'm not sure how they will handle it but i'm sure,those who wear the laminate will get serve first..

it's like we're the VIP for the concert..

I guess.. :)

The core security of the show is still LP's own security and they tell the local security what has to be done.

So I will look forward to it :)

The core security of the show is still LP's own security and they tell the local security what has to be done.

Yeah LP has really good security. Both in sense of, they protect the band really well and they inform the venues of what needs to be done. Marcel is their head security guy and he has a "no bullshit" attitude. I'm pretty sure early entry will go off without a flaw at any headlining show. I'm interested to see if this will apply to the smaller shows like Best Buy Theatre, etc on the next tour.

Hm, are they still selling the older LPU CD's and for a reduced price? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on HTEP or a couple of older LPU's!!

They have the CDs from 5 onwards. They did a sale of a limited bundle of the 1-4 CDs last week but they sold out in a matter of minutes.

They have the CDs from 5 onwards. They did a sale of a limited bundle of the 1-4 CDs last week but they sold out in a matter of minutes.

Damn, I already have 6-7, and don't really want 5 =/. Does anyone know if you still get the package with CD, t-shirt, etc. with this type of membership?

One thing was forgotten for those who signed up für LPU11 before yesterday. Every annual member has a guarenteed M&G at the next touring cycle even LPU11 expires before.

@Stone44

with the 25$ membership you get all the online benefits, the lanyard for the early entrance, chances for a M&G and the possibility to buy a summit ticket

with the 60$ membership you get all benefits from the 25$ membership, a possible summit is included and you get the merch package includes shirt, flag and a earplug case

but in both cases you have to buy the LPU11 cd seperately

Q&A from Adam:

"We've been asked a lot of questions about the new $25 LPU11 Membership Tier and the guaranteed meet & greets we mentioned in the announcement email. Please read below for all of the answers to all (or most) of your questions.

Q: Do all members who purchased the $60 LPU11 Plus Membership get a guaranteed meet & greet?A: No. The only members eligible for the guaranteed meet & greet are those LPU11 Annual members who purchased the $60 membership between November 15, 2011 and January 26, 2012. You are not eligible for the guaranteed meet & greet if you purchase the $60 LPU11 Plus Membership from here on out. As usual, all Annual LPU11 members ($25 and $60) are eligible to be selected for meet & greets using the raffle process.

Q: Since you're guaranteeing meet & greets to those members, won't they take up all of the meet & greet spots?A: No. There will be plenty of room for other members at the meet & greets. Don't worry!

Q: I am eligible for the guaranteed meet & greet. How do reserve my spot?A: When you have tickets to a show, and ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE TICKETS TO A SHOW, send an email to lpuhq@lpunderground.com with the subject "LPU11 ANNUAL MEET & GREET: (CITY)". Again, only send this email once you ACTUALLY have tickets to an upcoming show.

Q: Is there a certain amount of time I have to use my guaranteed meet & greet?A: No! Your ONE guaranteed meet & greet is good until you use it. Whether it's 4 months from now, or 4 years from now.

Q: Can I bring a friend/child/sibling/parent with me to the meet & greets?A: No. You are not allowed to bring any guests with you to the meet & greets, no exceptions.

Q: If a show is cancelled, can I still use my guaranteed meet & greet in the future?A: Yes. If anyone is selected for a meet & greet at a cancelled show, we will do our very best to make sure you are selected the next time the band is on tour.

I hope that answers most of your questions. If you have any more questions, feel free to leave them in the replies on LPUnderground.com and I'll update the news with more Q&A's later this week. As always, thanks for your support.

-Adam/LPUHQ"

Am I right thinking that you don't get the LPU11 CD with either of these packages?

Do we still have to buy it separately for $10?

Answers people!!!

Yes you need to buy it seperately.

There was a limited time when the membership + CD together was for like 60.99 (when the LPU11 started)

Ehhh...WHAT????

Yeah people were talking about it on lpu forum lpu people who have been members from lpu1 right through to lpu11 got a letter (some still waiting for letter) and they got free lp gig tickets to a show and The next 10 years of lpu free thats what ppl have said.if u go to the lpu forum then the post about Lpu lifer is name of topic and you see ppl talking about the letter