Interviews + Random Newsworthy Stuff

Skipees

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice threat, I usually don't know if an interview is a thing worth a topic or not, so now I know where to post it in case I find one :)
Btw, THP isn't the album that was fastest incorporated into a setlist, Meteora was much faster.

Ducko, here's something for you! :D

Ducks are assholes!

ATS was actually the fastest (80% of the album was played before the first tour was over). Meteora is second.

Yup. ATS is LP's baby. You can tell they all really love the album and enjoyed playing it live. I will admit, ATS has grown on me quite a bit. I love the album. I've been listening to DSP's from 2010 and 2011 as well and they are good. The ATS era was a good time.

For Mall's music, Hahn stayed with the home team, using bandmates Mike Shinoda, Chester Bennington and Dave Farrell working alongside composer Alec Puro. "I met (Puro) on tour because he was a drummer in a band called Deadsy years ago, so it was cool to get together with him because he's a great friend," Hahn says. "There's three songs on the score that fit really well with what's going on and actually became particular themes throughout the film. A lot of them were just little song ideas that (Linkin Park) had that didn't really quite have a home, and this was our way of finding a home for them. And then the rest were just kind of experiments that Alec and I were able to put together, but it was definitely inspired by the band's music." Hahn isn't sure if there will be a Mall soundtrack album but assures that "We do have a whole album's worth of score to put out."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6244112/linkin-park-joe-hahn-mall-exclusive-clip

DBS ended after ATS, but it might be BOW

Neither DBS or BOW have anything to do with what he was talking about. BOW especially, because he said on Loveline in 2009 when Hahninator called in that once he got sobered up, they broke up the band. Their most recent show was in early 2006, if that wasn't evidence enough. DBS never felt apart. They put out the album and toured on it. They just never started work on a second album. Chester was most likely referring to the concept album idea that they had in 2008. About midway through writing ATS, Chester said that the whole concept album idea kind of fell apart and they just started writing whatever the hell they wanted, they went ''bonkers'' he said. But when the album was being close to done, they found out that all the songs had a flow and they ended up making the concept record that they decided not to make in way. Either that, or he is referring to some unknown LP project from 2009-2010 that we didn't know about. He talks about the concept album thing in this interview from last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9tyLWVujXk

Wow that Montreality video is awesome!!! I totally told Mike at the Mansfield M & G that the first show I ever went to was Fort Minor in Boston back in early '06 and he thought that was really cool. I remember that Astat wore a Fort Minor shirt to his show as well and Mike pointed him out in the crowd. Great to know that Mike appreciates it. New Fort Minor would be so awesome, I'd glad he is thinking about it and thinking about stepping up the game on the next Fort Minor album when it comes. I also learned some stuff about Mike that I never knew before, like his first job, that he loved Garfield, etc.

I'm gonna predict that he is working on new Fort Minor right now, from his expression when asked the question and the making beats video (which had a "Fort Minor" tab in his beat program). It's probably gonna be more experimental/dark like some of the rap he's been listening to recently like Odd Future, etc.

Linkin Park will probably take a break for some time. Some members feel burned out. They've been putting 3 albums out in 4 years. They change every album, but with all the strong statements from interviews on this album, it seems wierd to just go another direction a few years after... Also, it would be wierd to make a THP 2. Lastly, Chester has STP to focus on.

Anyway, these are my predictions haha!

I think that a new FM record is already in the works and it's gonna experimental as shit and Mike just doesn't want to announce it before it's done.

I really believe this too and think that Mike will come out with another FM project in time for the 10 year anniversary of The Rising Tied in November 2005. I think he has a lot of material that could be used for it already, but I also think he's working on material for it now too. Really hope we're right - the first album was excellent. But "darker" and more gangster-sounding shit from him would be excellent. He can REALLY lay down some epic verses (as we've seen before) so it'll definitely be good if it happens. I like the dark sound of the Portishead Magic Doors verse. Wretches And Kings is great, etc...I'll be interested to see what he comes up with.

• 2 weeks later...
Joe and Loudwire discuss the soundtrack to MALL which features music composed by Chester Bennington, Dave Farrell, Joe Hahn and Mike Shinoda of LINKIN PARK with Alex Puro. MALL comes out in theaters on October 17.

http://loudwire.com/joe-hahn-linkin-park-contributions-mall-soundtrack/

Edited by AndOne