New preview(s) of The Catalyst!

linkinparkfan17

I think that rock or the music are not only aggressive songs, the rock or the music in general is when you feel full of different emotions and feelings, and when your favorite band evolves, you can feel that, when your favorite band breaks this pattern, or is capable of creating a new musical style, and you realize the talent they have and makes them real musicians, and feel happy when they share that with you...thanks LP :D

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm mega hyper. Thanks alot.

I'm not saying everyone will share my enthusiasm for the new track, but honestly, my humble opinion is that it's great. It's fresh. It's not what you expect from Linkin Park, but it's what you SHOULD expect from Linkin Park because it's just a really quality song. The whole time I was listening I kept thinking "shit... this song is epic. like, movie soundtrack epic, but not corny epic."

One of the better posts I've ever seen on this website. I've heard the whole song, and I think it's great. I'm not just saying that because I work for the band. At the video shoot I stood there with my jaw open. It was something totally unexpected, but it excited me as if LP has been my favorite band forever. That's my opinion, and I don't expect everyone to share it. Just wanted to add to the convo.

i love you.

I'm not saying everyone will share my enthusiasm for the new track, but honestly, my humble opinion is that it's great. It's fresh. It's not what you expect from Linkin Park, but it's what you SHOULD expect from Linkin Park because it's just a really quality song. The whole time I was listening I kept thinking "shit... this song is epic. like, movie soundtrack epic, but not corny epic."

Movie Soundtrack epic is what I look for in my songs. LOL. Looking forward to hearing this!

i like the snippet, but it is hard to imagine how will it be delivered live.

Simple.

They hire a handful of security to take out bootleggers, then they play live on Jimmy Kimmel where Melodyne software comes in handy and the performance sounds flawless. You never knew it hit ya.

If Linkin Park were every really a "rock band", then they've failed with like, half of their songs

If they failed, explain the over 50 million albums that they have sold then. LOL

honestly with previews / stems we've heard, i almost feel like they've all sounded like different songs. every time i hear a new kind of preview i'm blown away at how different it is from the last. combining all of this madness into one song is going to be so incredible. no wonder mike said it's going to be hard to classify the album as one genre.

so much love for mr. hahn. :D

I completely agree with you! I don't know why people are flipping out over a 30 second clip and are complaining.

Edited by Holden

Yeah Im trying to be open minded as well, im hoping we get some guitars and Mike's 10 second clip he gave fans a few days ago sounded great. The stems and this preview sound terrible though. I just feel like i've heard this type of song done better by other people, i just want Linkin Park TO BE Linkin Park, but it seems like these days I don't know what that is. Thats what bothers me about the band these days, we just don't know what we're going to get and thats not necessarily a good thing. i feel like based on their past work they get so much confidence by fans, but all this experimenting and trying out new things has translated into better music, just good music. As a fan who has to wait 4 years for an album, it's just discouraging and turning me away from the band. Hybrid Theory and Meteora holds a special place with me, so i'll never jump off the bandwagon, but if this album sucks I can see my devotion to the band slowly going away. Hopefully im wrong and the song/album impresses. So far it hasn't.

This. I'm still not giving up on them yet, but this clip doesn't help.

I completely agree with you! I don't know why people are flipping out over a 30 second clip and are complaining.

The same reason there are people talking about how awesome it sounds. Not everyone will be happy. :)

I have so much respect for the people who instead of saying "I don't like it, it's not Liking Park." or "Love it." They have actually explained what this 30 second snippet has told them about LP's new direction. I haven't written out my reason for liking it because I want to listen to it more, I want it to tell me a story. Then I will be able to sum up my overall opinion.

I have so much respect for the people who instead of saying "I don't like it, it's not Liking Park." or "Love it." They have actually explained what this 30 second snippet has told them about LP's new direction. I haven't written out my reason for liking it because I want to listen to it more, I want it to tell me a story. Then I will be able to sum up my overall opinion.

whats liking park?

I love it. I don't want Hybrid Theory again. I don't want Meteora again. When MTM came out that's what I wanted. But once MTM grew on me and I saw the ideas these guys have when they think outside their "label", I wanted things to progress further. This is doing it in my opinion. Like the guys always used to say, they chose the name Linkin Park because it means nothing. It lets the music define the name. And I believe that is still true to this day.

Sigged.

I love your post, that's exactly what i think too.

The first time I listened to it, I thought, wtf? Completely not what I was expecting, I was hoping for something more, epic? For some reason though, I just think it's missing quite a few instruments, maybe the guitars. I dunno. Now after listening to it 50+ times, it's kinda growing on me bit by bit, but I'm not going to say that I absolutely dislike it until I hear the entire song.

Why did they have to put the most stupid thing ever invented by human mind into their song, God.

I don't believe in God either, but that's no excuse not to be tolerant. Some people do, be respectful.

I don't believe in God either, but that's no excuse not to be tolerant. Some people do, be respectful.

Why don't people say "be respectful" when someone criticizes politics, someones music taste, football team ect. But when you talk about unproven things like God, they just say "No, it's holy!"

Why don't people say "be respectful" when someone criticizes politics, someones music taste, football team ect. But when you talk about unproven things like God, they just say "No, it's holy!"

If you're being an ass, I'm going to tell you be more respectful, no matter what the topic.