2014.11.24 - London, England (Night 2)

RogueSoul

thptour_europe.jpg

This is it, everyone. The official conclusion of Linkin Park's 2014 The Hunting Party European Tour will take place at the O2 Arena in London, England on November 24, 2014. This will be the bands twenty-second time performing in London (22nd!), making it the second-most-performed-in city in the band's history (the first being Los Angeles). Get out your pens and pencils - this is going to be one hell of a history lesson.

The band's very first appearance in London dates back to January 2001, where the band performed on BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge, where they performed 'Papercut', 'Points Of Authority', and 'In The End' (and possibly more) for the first time in England. Later that same day, the band performed another show, opening with 'A Place For My Head', without the 'Cure For The Itch' intro - the first time that the song wasn't performed as the show intro! It wasn't long before the band returned again - in March 2001, the band performed on Top Of The Pops, performing three songs: 'Papercut', 'In The End', and 'Crawling'. Later that day, the band performed on the Deftones' Back To School Tour at the Docklands Arena. 'A Place For My Head', 'Papercut', and 'Points Of Authority' from this show made their way onto the international release of Hybrid Theory as bonus tracks. The band returned for the fifth time in June 2001 to London at the Brixton Academy, featuring a special setlist. The band performed the Mike Shinoda Remix of 'High Voltage', 'Pushing Me Away', and 'By Myself', brought back 'Cure For The Itch' for a one off performance right after the live debut of the Dead By Sunrise song, 'Morning After', in a solo acoustic rendition by Chester. The band returned yet again in September, performing on the Radio 1 Steve Lamacq Evening Session, where the band performed all of Hybrid Theory, barring 'Cure For The Itch' and the inclusion of 'High Voltage'. The next and final show in 2001 in London is the famous September Docklands Arena performance. Memorable moments from the show include the band stopping 'Papercut' due to rowdy fans, the introduction of Joe's 'Blow Your Mind' interlude, the new Docklands Intro, and an epic encore consisting of 'My December' (the first performance of it in London), 'By Myself', a short guitar tease of Guns 'N' Roses' 'Sweet Child O' Mine', and 'One Step Closer'. Check out the full show below!

The band returned to London two years later, at the beginning of the Meteora Touring Cycle, on the LP Underground Tour. The headlining show on the tour saw the band perform 'Don't Stay', 'Lying From You', 'Easier To Run', and more Meteora songs for the first time in London. The band performed a show for Top Of The Pops the following day, performing a long soundcheck, as well as the rare inclusion of 'A.06', which featured a vocal intro of the Deftones' 'My Own Summer (Shove It)' (the band performed a cover of it throughout 2002). The band performed another short show in London a few days following: CD:UK/Headliners. 'A.06' reappeared again, as well as 'A Place For My Head' being performed unplanned due to gear breaking and the request from a fan at the Top Of The Pops show. The band returned to London later in the year to perform at the Kerrang! Awards, performing 'Faint', 'From The Inside', and, by the request of fans, 'A.06' for the third show in London in a row - a record for the song's live history. The band returned once again in November 2003 for the fifth performance of 2003 in London, and the 12th overall, on the Meteora UK November Tour, opening the show with 'Papercut' and 'Points Of Authority', and closing the show just as incredibly with 'My December', 'P5hng Me A*wy' (from Reanimation), 'A Place For My Head', and 'One Step Closer'. This show also generated the first recording we have of 'Breaking The Habit', which was performed for the first time a few days prior at the Smokeout festival in San Bernardino, California.

The band didn't perform in London for another four years - until the Minutes To Midnight Tour. The band performed at three events, three days in a row to reestablish themselves in the city. The first of these was a BBC Radio 1 Performance, where 'Given Up' and 'What I've Done' got their English Debuts. 'Numb' was performed, too. The following day, the band performed their first headlining England show of the Minutes To Midnight touring cycle, at the Astoria, opening with 'One Step Closer' and 'Lying From You', and closing with 'In The End' and 'Faint' - when its extended outro was still fresh. The third performance in a row saw the band perform at Popworld, where they performed 'What I've Done', 'Given Up', 'No More Sorrow', and 'Numb'. The band returned in 2008, for two back-to-back shows at London's O2 Arena to end the Minutes To Midnight European Tour - just like they're doing today! The first night's setlist featured an opening of 'What I've Done' with its new AMBO Intro and 'Faint', closing with a double encore: 'My December' and 'Breaking The Habit' being the first one, and an old school 'A Place For My Head' and 'One Step Closer' finishing off the second encore. This show also featured the first time Mike performed his short cover of Rihanna's 'Umbrella' instead of The Cure's 'Just Like Heaven'. The second show saw the band perform a different setlist - opening with 'No More Sorrow' and 'Don't Stay', and, again, a double encore: the first having 'In Between' and 'What I've Done' with the AMBO intro, and the second opening with 'One Step Closer' and closing the show with 'Faint'. The band performed again in London in March on the Minutes To Midnight North Ame- ...wait a second. That's the London in Canada, not England. Sorry.

The band returned two years later for the A Thousand Suns European Tour in 2010, yet again ending the tour with back-to-back shows at the O2 Arena. A fun statistic - every tour that has included London since 2008 has ended with London - Winter 2008, Fall 2010, Summer 2011 and, now, Fall 2014. Funny enough, three of the four tours ended with back-to-back shows at the O2 Arena. These shows featured the first ever LPU Summit - though nothing of setlist-importance happened in regards to the LPU Summit at the first show, the band still played a great show - opening with the eerie 'The Requiem' and 'The Radiance' featuring the Mario Savio speech, then transitioning into 'Wretches and Kings' the band performed with tons of energy, performing a bunch of A Thousand Suns songs for the first time in London - 'When They Come For Me', 'Iridescent', and 'The Catalyst', to name a few. The second show saw the band perform 'Leave Out All The Rest' acoustically for the first time ever, as well as 'The Messenger' for attendees of the LPU Summit. Then, the band rehearsed a few songs full band, including 'Papercut', 'The Catalyst', and 'From The Inside', the last of which saw its tour debut at this show. The band opened the show with 'Fallout' and 'The Catalyst', the first of two times ever that the band did so. 2 fans from the summit came up to play guitar during 'Faint', and the band closed the show with an EPIC encore, featuring 'When They Come For Me', 'New Divide', 'Bleed It Out' (with the 'A Place For My Head' bridge), and 'One Step Closer'. The band returned yet again in 2011 to close our their Summer Tour at the iTunes Festival, well known for its inclusion of the piano version of Linkin Park's cover of Adele's 'Rolling In The Deep' (that was a lot of possession going on in that sentence, haha). Check out the entire show below!

After skipping the UK on the Living Things Touring Cycle (however, there was a MAJOR European Tour planned for the Fall of 2012 in Europe, but it was cancelled right before it was announced for unknown reasons), the band returned to London for the first time in three years for the 21st show there yesterday at the O2 Arena. They performed Set B last night, executing an almost flawless show. A whole slew of LPLive members were there - our new editor, Wilderness, and a bunch of our active members including MrDuck, Smarky, Kirstie, and HAARP. Mike seems to have finally been inspired to start playing around with his medley - changing it up for the third show in a row by rapping his verse from the Nick Catchdubs remix of 'Skin To Bone' from Recharged. Bremen saw him rap the first verse of 'High Voltage' over his medley for the first time, Manchester saw him rap the hybrid verse of 'Remember The Name', and now the 'Skin To Bone' remix. What does he have in store for us tonight? Our good friend Graham will be requesting 'Hands Held High' over the medley at the M&G - Mike hasn't done that since the Greenfield festival earlier this year!

Check out this video of Mike rapping the first verse of 'High Voltage' over his solo medley for the first time in Bremen, Germany a few days ago. Funny enough, 'High Voltage' (and 'Dedicated') is leading our poll for what verses we'd like to see over the medley. While it was requested by a fan - it IS entirely possible the Mike has been snooping the forums, seeing what fans want. So, what do YOU want to see Mike rap over his medley?

Of Mice & Men will be taking out this tour strong - lately, they've been opening their set with 'Public Service Announcement' and 'Feels Like Forever' off their newest record, Restoring Force. They then perform their single, 'Would You Still Be There' right before they go into 'The Depths' from 2011's The Flood and 'Identity Disorder', which they've been performing for the first time on this tour. They close their set strong with 'You're Not Alone'. Austin Carlile has been performing 'Faint' with the band throughout the tour, and in Manchester Aaron Pauley came out to sing 'Iridescent' with the band during the Ballad Medley. Since the band will be touring with Linkin Park again on the 2015 The Hunting Party North American tour, do you want to see these collaborations happen more?

Since the band's 2014 touring cycle is coming to a close, you may be asking - what's next? is linken park cming 2 brasil? Well, possibly. After this show, the band has two holiday shows lined up for mid-December in California before they take a break for the rest of the year. They return in January for a North American tour with Rise Against and Of Mice & Men. While many random United States festivals have been announced sporadically throughout 2015, no more tours have been announced. However, there are a bunch of rumors. Linkin Park is rumored to undergo an Australasian Tour around April and May, potentially hitting India and Chongqing, China. To our knowledge, that is currently in negotiation. A spring/summer North American Tour is also under speculation, as well as a summer European Tour, hitting festivals such as Rock'n'Heim, Reading + Leeds, and Glastonbury. Lastly, in September 2014 the band is rumored to undergo a South American Tour, hitting Rock in Rio Brazil and Sao Paulo. Setlist wise, we can most likely expect changes in 2015 - but not as many as we might hope. In a recent interview with AltWire (Derek from LPAssociation's music website), Mike said that while they want to add one or two more songs from The Hunting Party (likely 'A Line In The Sand' or 'Keys To The Kingdom'), not much will happen due to lack of rehearsal time, even though they have more time to rehearse than they did in Winter 2008, where they debuted three brand new setlists the following tour. However, he also said he is open to the idea of fan-picked setlists, so us setlist enthusiasts might get our chances soon!

Who's heading to the show? If you are, RSVP in this thread and meetup with someone other LPL members! After this show, the band will be on break for two weeks before two shows in California to wrap up 2014. In other Linkin Park news - LPU XIV is here, featuring a bunch of awesome benefits! Go register now! The MALL Soundtrack is expected to be released in December, as said by Joe at the Bremen M&G. 'Rebellion' is being officially released as a single today, as well. Can we expect a music video for it soon? For updates on the show, check back here or follow us on Twitter.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here, and their 2015 touring schedule here.

I just smashed the record for the longest pre-show post again. Come at me.

I was there for the first show woop! In the hotel right now, have meet and greet for tonight but not sure if I eanna give up early entry as it was so awesome!

Prob saw a lot of you, sorry didn't say hi, was a little out of it from lack of sleep, travelling etc! But whoa was an awesome show ;)

I was there for the first show woop! In the hotel right now, have meet and greet for tonight but not sure if I eanna give up early entry as it was so awesome!

Prob saw a lot of you, sorry didn't say hi, was a little out of it from lack of sleep, travelling etc! But whoa was an awesome show ;)

I would say for 100% go to meet and greet!! Also, request Reading My Eyes from Mike haha!!

Did you find your hotel all okay?

Fuckin 1st row, fuckin on stage singing BIO with LP Can't be better than this! Got Mike's pick and Rob's drumstick! Thanks for an amazing night!!!!

Super pleased for you dude! I had wet and greet today, spoke to Chester a lot, he kept high fiving me!! And got the hunting party vinyal signed.

Love this band. Incredible few days hanging out with the LPU being at the front and meeting the guys for the first time!

Awesomeness, that's what was going on. They must have taken a page out of Mars's book for inviting fans. I hope they have this kind of stuff going on with Rise Against too. Mike and the band really like OM&M, so they had better keep this stuff up.

Now I really want to see a video of WID

I can't wait to see the videos of this. Though not much of a change up in the set lists, this is still really cool and I hope they continue this in the future. I know everyone is pissed about them not wanting to change up the sets much for THP NA Winter Tour, but maybe we are over analyzing. We said not MUCH. Maybe we will get more than just a THP track or two added. Maybe we will get a couple of older material switched in. I doubt it, but maybe.