The Multi-concert (NEW LINK with HD preview in Google Drive)

ddnt32

Just trying to do something special. :) A full concert (actually a little over a full concert, it'll probably have almost 2 hours) edited from about 25 live videos, all proshot (maybe it'll be more when finished). I'm trying not only to put together a lot of videos, but also to make a nice editing work when possible, while still using the best scenes from each video. Hope y'all like it, and also hope YouTube doesn't block it. I'll probably release it before the end of February.

FINAL VIDEO IS HERE (released February 5, 2014):

BUT it is blocked worldwide, and you are only seeing it because I'm currently disputing fair use. So watch it while you can. I'm also preparing two MKVs (one 1080p and the other one 480p) to release in LP-Bits. Both MKV files will have named chapters for each song and brazilian portuguese subtitles for spoken parts.

EDIT: It's now blocked again in Canada, United States and its territories, and probably will soon become blocked worldwide. But anyway, I'm already trying to contact LP-Bits :(

EDIT 2: I will not remove the video from the topic yet 'cause I will try to fill those appeals and counter-notices. It is fair use, after all.

EDIT 3:

Trailer (for those who can't watch the full video on YouTube):

EDIT 4: New link to the full video in Google Drive.

LP-Bits 1080p link (480p coming soon):

http://lp-bits.com/details.php?id=564

Google Drive 1080p link (with 1080p preview to the full video + download link):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_o3RzO3uWf6M0c2MFR0VVNqQzg/view?usp=sharing

Edited by ddnt32

Are all the source you're using Widescreen proshots?

doesn't seem to be a lot of proshot material xD

but still looks awesome :D

Yes, I'm trying to use only HD or high quality SD material, which is why I'm using more and more of the recent shows. Luckily most Linkin Park concerts are widescreen, but when there's some 4:3 material (like the brazilian SWU festival in 2010), I adjust the shots one by one so that they can fill the whole screen and still fit everything that matters in the frame. If anyone cares, I'm doing the video at 29.97 frames per second. I thought about doing it at 60 frames but I simply don't have the processing power required.

Thank you all for the support so far. I'm uploading unlisted previews on YouTube from time to time, just to see how the copyright issues are going. The weird thing is that the last preview (which already had 1h10min) was blocked worldwide from the time of the upload until today, when it became blocked only in Canada, the United States and its territories. I guess I might have a chance of claiming fair use for adding "new expression, meaning, or message to the original" content.

All right... which shows are you exactly gonna use for this multi-mix? there are a LOT of high quality sources out there ;)

Well, I didn't wanted to spoil the surprise (per say), but I'm using so far these ones:

01. Live in Texas (720p upscaled DVD ISO - upscaling and some processing via AviSynth)
02. Collision Course (DVD ISO)
03. Fort Minor AOL Sessions 2005 (for Road to Revolution's Points of Authority bridge - it's also from a DVD ISO, but I don't know the source)
04. Live 8 Philadelphia 2005 (for Numb/Encore - don't worry, the normal version is also performed, you'll see haha)
05. Live Earth 2007(1080i from BS HI)
06. Webster Hall New York 2007 (the 720p version with japanese subtitles at some parts)
07. Road to Revolution (Blu-ray ISO degrained via AviSynth)
08. Rock Am Ring 2007 (a kinda bad TVRip but with some awesome shots)
09. Madrid MTV EMA 2010 concert (720p)
10. SWU Festival Brazil 2010 (the fan-authored DVD ISO deinterlaced with AviSynth's QTGMC plugin)
11. iTunes Festival 2011 (only used the audio from one song because it's awfully compressed or something, but the video has some nice shots)
12. Madison Square Garden 2011 (1080i FuseHD version, after some denoising in AviSynth to attempt reducing of the blocking artifacts)
13. iHeartRadio Music Festival 2012 (1080i)
14. MTV Live Vibrations 2012 (1080i)
15. Rock Im Park 2012 (720p50 video, but most of it definitely looks SD)
16. Rock In Rio Lisboa 2012 (1080i)
17. São Paulo 2012 (I had to use the 360p version because the 1080i had subtitles - used the audio from one song of the 1080i version, though)
18. Admiralspalast 2012 (also known as "Living Things concert" or "Telekom Street Gigs" - I'm using the 1080i version from Telekom Street Gigs for most of it, only used the DVD for "Blackout")
19. Monterrey 2012 (I'm still unsure whether I should use the DVD at the original frame rate or the 1080i badly captured at 25fps interpolated back to 30fps with AviSynth, but I think I'll use the 1080i one)
20. X Games Music 2012 (only for "Blackout" because this 720p WEBRip has EXTREME blocking)
21. Summer Sonic 2013 (1080i)
22. Belo Horizonte Brazil 2014 (720p from Multishow HD)
23. Berlin's Guitar Center 4K 2014 concert (although it's converted to 1080p - some really awesome shots in this one)
24. Camden, NJ 2014 (Yahoo's Live Stream)
25. Download Festival 2014 (Palladia's 1080i)
26. Guitar Center Sessions (only for "Final Masquerade")
27. Rock Am Ring 2014 (720p50 from EinsPlus HD, but it's actually 720p25 with duplicated frames)
Each one of those were converted twice: the first conversion was to generate the highest possible resolution file using the UTVideo codec, since AVCHD and MPEG2 can cause a lot of issues in Premiere Pro sometimes. Then, all of them are converted again to a 360p version for editing (since I don't have neither the processing power nor the HDDs necessary to run sometimes 9 Full HD AVCHD/MPEG2 videos at the same time). I will edit the whole video in 360p and then replace all the footage by their HD counterpart. I already tested this workflow for the trailer and it worked, so basically I'm just using 1230 GB of videos split in 2 HDDs :P

Thanks for putting Monterrey there, I would only have one request... use APFMH from Monterrey that shit is insane, full audio!

I'll try my best to put APFMH in the video, but I can't guarantee because I think even without it and even using a medley for LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent instead of the full songs the concert will probably already end up with at least 1h40-1h50, so I'm giving kind of a "priority" to the most performed songs (that way I have more cameras to use). But I'm including some personal favorites that were not that much performed, like most of the ATS songs (I've included "Blackout", "When They Come For Me" and obviously "The Catalyst"). Of course I won't leave Hybrid Theory behind, but I just don't know if I'll be able to put APFMH in the video because I don't know how much good quality sources I'll have for this one as it's not performed as much as we would like.

I Think you can use RAR 01 too and some clips from LPTVs and LPUTVs.

I'll search for a good source for RAR 2001 and will probably include it, but only the video, as probably the audio from a 2001 TVRip will not be that good. By "clips from LPTVs and LPUTVs" you mean other things that are not only the music, right? I'll try to include some of those in the songs or before/after some of them, but I'll add these inserts after I finish the basic editing.

Songs already edited so far (yes, RTR is used a lot, the DTS-HD audio is just too good, sorry haha):

1. Intro (audio from Road to Revolution)

2. One Step Closer (Admiralspalast 2012)

3. From The Inside (Live in Texas)

4. Guilty All The Same (Rock Am Ring 2014)

5. GIven Up (Road to Revolution)

6. No More Sorrow (iTunes Festival)

7. With You (Belo Horizonte, Brazil 2014)

8. Petrified/Points of Authority/There They Go (Road to Revolution)

9. Blackout (Madison Square Garden 2011)

10. Papercut Intro (Mike talking to the crowd in Road to Revolution)

11. Papercut (Live in Texas)

12. When They Come For Me (SWU Festival, Brazil 2010)

13. Lies Greed Misery (Admiralspalast)

14. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow of the Day/Iridescent Medley (São Paulo, Brazil 2012)

15. Breaking The Habit Intro (some excerpts from MTV's "The Ride", less than a minute, talking about Chester's addiction - I felt it was necessary because...)

16. Breaking The Habit (New York, 2007 - yup, that performance in which he appears to cry at the end)

17. Final Masquerade Intro ("Acoustic" version from Carnivores Tour, first verse only)

18. Final Masquerade (Berlin's Guitar Center, the legendary concert in 4K which had everything awesome with the exception of the filming, but still very good :P)

19. Lying From You (Live Earth 2007)

20. Skin to Bone (per say)/Wretches and Kings/Remember The Name Medley (also from Berlin's 4K concert)

21. Numb/Encore (where else? Collision Course, but Jay-Z's part only, because...)

22. Numb (Road to Revolution audio, but aprox. 10 concerts in the video - sorry, can't edit more than that :P)

23. Until it Breaks/Waiting for the End (Camden, New Jersey, 2014)

24. Somewhere I Belong (Rock in Rio Lisboa, Portugal 2012)

This has exactly 1 hour and 22 minutes. I'm definitely going to use songs like "In The End", "Faint", "Crawling", "Bleed It Out", etc, but I'm leaving those and some other ones for the very end. "Lost in the Echo" is also in there 'cause it's a personal favorite haha

There are other songs I would like to put in there, but might turn the video into something too long and I also don't have many high quality sources (specially for the audio). Still, if any of you guys have a really high quality audio source from a good concert of these, please let me know:

In My Remains (I thought about using the São Paulo 2012 show, but the band wasn't that much excited in that concert :( )

Pushing Me Away (I don't want to use Live in Texas again - specially to avoid a copyright strike as WMG seems to love this concert - and I just can't think of where I could fit this one in the video if I were to use the RTR acapella)

A Place for My Head (too little amount of high quality video sources - although I have Monterrey's audio and video)

No LP Underground Tour 2003? #out

No Easier to Run means no candy or support from me. A shame. I bought all these Snickers for nothing.

XD

There is no video footage from the LPU Tour in 2003 outside of Detroit. That broadcast omitted a few songs like ETR and HTF.

The only ETR video is from LPU 4's enhanced CD. The only HTF video is from State College, PA 2003.