"The Mall" - 4 songs performed by Linkin Park

Stranger

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yes. This is awesome. This is basically confirming that we are going to get an official release, maybe through iTunes. A lot of these songs that are used in Mall are actually pretty damn good, IMO. Plus it's always nice to have even more demos from LP. Maybe this means that LPU14 will also not contain any Mall songs, or maybe Mike is mixing and mastering them for LPU14, who knows. But this is cool, thanks for sharing, I wouldn't even have known because I never check Instagram stuff.

I agree, this means confirmation for later release. Damn, I want to hear Luna so bad.

• 5 months later...

It appeared at the movie closing credits

But Dancer Instrumental is from Mall Soundtrack

No, I meant like what album session it origins from. Like we know Warm Spell (Devil's Drop) is from LT since we saw it in various making of things for LT.

EDIT: I only ask this because we know what the rest of the songs origin from, except Dancer.

White Noise: THP

Mal Rx7: ATS

It Goes Through: ATS

Devil's Drop: LT

The Last Line: MTM/ATS

I think Dancer may be from ATS. If you look at the demo board for ATS in the OP, it looks like Dancer might be above Primo?

Edited by Geki

No, I meant like what album session it origins from. Like we know Warm Spell (Devil's Drop) is from LT since we saw it in various making of things for LT.

EDIT: I only ask this because we know what the rest of the songs origin from, except Dancer.

White Noise: THP

Mal Rx7: ATS

It Goes Through: ATS

Devil's Drop: LT

The Last Line: MTM/ATS

I think Dancer may be from ATS. If you look at the demo board for ATS in the OP, it looks like Dancer might be above Primo?

Sakura is above Primo. I'm 100% sure it's from the MTM sessions, the pad hits in the chorus are extremely similar to the pad hits in Across the Line and What We Don't Know.

I have the whole soundtrack on my laptop right now, including the songs "White Noise" (from the recording sessions of The Hunting Party), "It Goes Through" (for Dell's Stagelight EP), "Devil's Drop" (from the recording sessions of Living Things), and "The Last Line" (from the recording sessions of A Thousand Suns). You go, Joe Hahn! MALL is the best movie I've ever seen on Netflix! :D

I don't understand this.

Probably LPA Wiki/Wikipedia once again:

It Goes Through, originally known as Luna, is one of the demos for the recordings of the EP by Mike Shinoda for Dell's LP Stagelight.

"It Goes Through" (originally known as "Luna") was one of the demos for the recordings of the EP written and composed by Shinoda for Dell's LP Stagelight

What the heck, how is there wrong info on the LPA wiki? Wow. EP? LOL

Yeah Geki you're right. Luna I don't know which one though. Call in Astat I guess.

LP didn't write in a period of time specifically for the ''Stagelight EP'' which isn't even real to begin with, it's something the fans made for the few songs that were released through Stagelight. It was never officially released by the band. Whoever put that up on Wiki doesn't know much about official releases, most likely. LP released the 2 Stagelight packs officially but never an EP or anything like that. I don't think it's ever been officially confirmed what era the songs origin from other than speculation.

Edited by Hahninator

I'll never understand the sense of creating the sites like "LPA Wiki" where everyone can edit and turn real information into the bullshit.

I know. There is so much false information and unofficial stuff on that thing. IMO, it should only list official releases from the band and it should have the correct information, but someplace else, not Wikipedia, where people can't edit stuff.

All of that shit from Stagelight came from an album's writing sessions. Most of it, at least. Luna probably originated in the ATS sessions or maybe the LT sessions.

I think the thing to be properly noted is that Stagelight actually has a sample called Luna.

The song was more than likely created using Stagelight just a bit after LT sessions since that was the time LP first introduced their team up with OpenLabs.

Either way, the point being that the sample, Luna, is actually heard in It Goes Through.

What are you talking about? Luna was a demo from the band, it was probably created during the ATS or LT era. Stage light is just a bunch of random seeds and sounds from the LP vault. That's all it is. It Goes Through was the final title given to Luna when Mike mixed the songs in October of last year. If you watch the end credits of the movie, Luna is still listed under the credits. They are the same song.

Edited by Geki