The Wall from the "Welcome" vinyls - Milestone

martinez

Did you purchase the "Welcome" vinyl? Make a scans and send them to us! All will be placed on a specially prepared site on lpcatalog.com, which will appear very soon!

Share the video and help us to promote this action on youtube!

Vinyl jacket scanning instructions (by michalangelo):

You can use a regular a4 scanner. Just place your jacket on the scanner with the lid open (if you can, close the lid before you hit the scan button, if not leave it open) REMEMBER, leave some space between the left and the top when you place your jacket on the scanner!

DSCN1838.jpg

DSCN1839.jpg

DSCN1840.jpg

DSCN1841.jpg

Work clockwise just as shown on the pictures. You should get 4 corners scanned (4 images). Send the original files to mike@lpcatalog.com and we'll merge the images to one piece for you and send you the final image back.

Edited by martinez

i got at least 2 deluxe coming to me

I just bought two more, I wanna do a 2x2 wall-piece with them.

btw, my first order on 6/22 was #1898 and today 6/30 I was order #2391 so that makes 493 orders between mine. I'm betting there are plenty of vinyls left since some orders in between could have been for other merch and I'm guessing many of the vinyl orders were for a single vinyl, not doubles and quadruples like psycho me lol

Isn't it also too big for a common scanner?

12"x12" is the cover right? I need to see how big of a scanner my Brother is at home. Worse case I'll take a high-res photo with my DSLR

Edited by loulax07

• 1 month later...

Mine arrived earlier, I've no way of scanning though and I don't own a DSLR. I'll use my iPhone 6 and crop it down, should do the job once I'm through with the image.

Edit. See attached.

post-157-0-04208500-1438848248_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sukotto

Long story short, I'm still missing one but they sent two more on accident so I need to send one back when I have the five.

Wow, you had to spend a lot of money on these! I'm not able to buy only one but you bought 4! :o

The cynical side of me wonders whether the more detailed covers, such as eyes, faces etc will have been kept back for charity auctions and such like. Time will tell!

agreed. i have 5 right in front of me and i'm defin disapointed

Guys need help deciding. Which of these should be sent back since I'm only keeping four?

I was thinking the tan one since its unlike the others. I'm going to put them on my wall is a 2x2 pattern.

post-126825-0-98011000-1438904375_thumb.jpg

agreed. i have 5 right in front of me and i'm defin disapointed

Guys need help deciding. Which of these should be sent back since I'm only keeping four?

I was thinking the tan one since its unlike the others. I'm going to put them on my wall is a 2x2 pattern.

I agree with you, send the tan one back. Should look pretty sweet when they're all framed up! Be sure to post a pic :)

Edited by Sukotto

I'm good- my Brother all-in-one scanner bed is 12x17

So, can you do the scans?

If not, can you take a photo in parallel with vinyl, as possible at right angles, like for example wiiesel has done? If it's possible make for all 5 vinyls.

Edited by martinez

First of all wtf? Seems someone else thought about that proect too. We're doing it at the lpcatalog lol, the site should be ready by the end of next month. Check, tag, share.

Second of all if you have a regular a4 scanner you can scan each corner of the vinyl (just turn the cover clockwise) Send the images to mike@lpcatalog.com and we'll merge them for you.

SCAN LIKE THIS:

scan.jpg

AND DON'T FORGET TO CLOSE THE LID :)

Edited by michalangelo

So I got one today, despite cancelling my order for it... I tried to figure out where it is on the wall but I couldn't find it :\ I'll try and post a picture of it soon, maybe you guys can figure it out.