LP album to be released in September?

Yass

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot of music that I love that is electronic and heavy, I just do not think LP would do that. If they did, I might like it more than MTM! Chester never screams anymore though...that's why I'm thinking the whole album will sound like fucking Not Alone...

I have a lot of music that I love that is electronic and heavy, I just do not think LP would do that. If they did, I might like it more than MTM! Chester never screams anymore though...that's why I'm thinking the whole album will sound like fucking Not Alone...

Meh. I guess all there is Chester's word that it's heavy. The "without metal" part seems to mean it's more electronic.

just saying, Chester's descriptions arent that acurrate... so just wait and see...

I think his descriptions are better than people give them credit for.

He called MTM "dark, poppy and melodic." All correct.

It's not just that, but the way that the new album has been described so far doesn't make me excited either. I'm not really into progressive music, or electronic music or 'heavy without metal' or anything like that. I don't think this album will have any screaming vocals at all, not even heavy guitar or drums. Something tells me the album will sound like Blackbirds, which wasn't that great IMO. It sucks but I guess I'm going to have to deal with the fact that LP has completely changed once again, this time not in my favor. I really love Minutes To Midnight, it's probably my favorite album of all time by any artist, but something tells me the news album will be very different from the MTM sound. It seems like they're becoming Muse with the way they are describing it, plus we a know how much Chester loves them.

Wait until you hear the album, even if you heard the single you couldn't judge the whole album.

I'll try and find some examples of electronic music for you that's heavy and has screaming to maybe help give you and anyone else some hope. I want LP fans to be excited about this new album. If anyone reading knows of some songs feel free to post.

Here a few examples for "heavy" Electro music:

Solange La Frange

LCD Soundsystem

Danger

These are some artists who are really popular in the Electro scene at the moment. If LP really wanna do Elecetro, that's how it would sound like. It I doubt they can do it because the good Electro bands are all indie (and far away from the mainstream) and LP has to please the masses (read the kids). :angry:

But I hope to hear some crazy Electro shit!

And BTW Blackbirds is boring Pop music and has nothing to do with Electro ;-)

idk if you guys are still on that whole september release date thing, and idek if it's been proven or proved wrong but here's what I think/ponder.

whenever LP's music info has been leaked in the past. it's always been to random seemingly unreliable sources. remember when given up, bleed it out, and what I've done came up on some random ass foreign website as ringtones. And then soon after some website had previews for it. All the websites that tend to leak out LP info generally are random places. So i find the german release date very plausible. even coming from amazon the way it is.

After Mike's new message, you can pretty much guarantee that this release date is correct. Assuming that the LPA translated it correctly, the message is pretty much saying that the album will come out at the end of summer. The last official day of summer is the 22nd or 23rd of September. This release date fits in perfectly with what Mike's message was translated to. I'm done with hearing about release date crap now. It's almost certain that it's coming out late September. I'd just like to hear more about the actual music on the album.