Mike Confirms Album #5 Title: "Living Things"

Numbrocker

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can guarantee that the album title is not "living things" BECAUSE mike tweeted it. He, like any member of linkin park, cannot confirm info until the date that wb records designate as the announcement date. Just like burn it down info, the title and release date were out but mike couldn't talk about it until the official announcement video. So here, the official announcement is Monday, therefore saying #livingthings proves that it's not the album title.

Just speculation, but you can ban me if I'm wrong.

I can guarantee that the album title is not "living things" BECAUSE mike tweeted it. He, like any member of linkin park, cannot confirm info until the date that wb records designate as the announcement date. Just like burn it down info, the title and release date were out but mike couldn't talk about it until the official announcement video. So here, the official announcement is Monday, therefore saying #livingthings proves that it's not the album title.

Just speculation, but you can ban me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, like Warner Germany and France leaking informations and then act like "Sorry guys, these info weren't meant to be revealed til Monday, please remove it."

Makes sense.

I have a new hashtag for you, #viraladvertising.

Edited by Nameless

Okay, I'll bite and actually post something I put some effort into:

I find it surprising that people just take it for granted that there's any significance at all to "Living Things." I wouldn't put it past the band at all to deliberately put a red herring in the coding for the Burn it Down puzzles, and then mention it in passing (i.e. Mike using it as a hashtag on a tweet and asking passive-aggressive questions like "you guys know the album title already, right?") just to throw us off. The band is well aware of the fact that a good portion of their fanbase will literally believe anything they say (people took Phoenix seriously when he tweeted that one of the song titles was Enter Sandman, for fuck's sake), and always seems to be looking for meaning where there is none (I'm having flashbacks to Live 8 in 2005 when everybody was convinced the title of their next album was going to be "Iodine" because it was part of some of the screen footage used during their performance). Why do you think all of the band's "trolling" started in the first place? They wouldn't be keeping up with their silliness they've displayed as of late if people just took it all at face value.

Living Things might be the album title. It might not be.

Yeah, like Warner Germany and France leaking informations and then act like "Sorry guys, these info weren't meant to be revealed til Monday, please remove it."

Makes sense.

I have a new hashtag for you, #viraladvertising.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube are no longer viral advertising media. They have become a part of mainstream advertising. Mainstream advertising has a particular timing for announcement/release dates. Mike simply cannot announce the album title in a casual tweet like that before the official annoucement comes on Monday. It's ruins the suspense, the surprise, and the shock and awe factor. It's just bad business to not make a grand announcement and a grand release.

I think some of you are forgetting how Mike announced the title of ATS or maybe you never knew this story. He was in the LPU chat room with Kathyxx and she'd been the closest to guessing it from the puzzles. He came straight out and asked her what she thought it was. Then told her she was correct. If the title of this album isn't Living Things I'm going to be very surprised.

/my 2 cents.

I think some of you are forgetting how Mike announced the title of ATS or maybe you never knew this story. He was in the LPU chat room with Kathyxx and she'd been the closest to guessing it from the puzzles. He came straight out and asked her what she thought it was. Then told her she was correct. If the title of this album isn't Living Things I'm going to be very surprised.

/my 2 cents.

For what its worth, I think Living Things will be the album title and I gotta say, I like it.

Mike Shinoda has posted a new blogpost on his official website, confirming the new album title to be "LIVING THINGS" as well as a very detailed story on the journey from Hybrid Theory to now on the band's evolution. A great read, be sure to check it out HERE

Monday is almost here.

Early Monday morning, our new single BURN IT DOWN will be released. The LIVING THINGS album pre-sale will begin. You’ll see the album cover, the track listing, and hear about some new tour plans. My bandmates and I are very excited for this week.

Many of you know our story up until this point. We built the band upon the idea of fusing all our favorite styles of music–as different as they might be–into one, signature sound. Our first two albums were the result of a lot of hard work, perseverance, smarts, and luck, to build a toolbox that would provide us with what we needed to make the best songs we could at the time.

Thoughts? The world of Linkin Park is starting to heat up and new album time is almost upon us!

Love how he writes "The single BURN IT DOWN AND the album LIVING THINGS with be available tomorrow."

It's obviously a mistake, but just imagine getting the full new album tomorrow? Anyways Living Things is actually starting to grow on me now. And the whole track list will be revealed too? Fucking awesome!

Hype = Through the roof

GREAT! :D

Love how he writes "The single BURN IT DOWN AND the album LIVING THINGS with be available tomorrow."

It's obviously a mistake, but just imagine getting the full new album tomorrow? Anyways Living Things is actually starting to grow on me now. And the whole track list will be revealed too? Fucking awesome!

Hype = Through the roof

Hahah Noticed the album thing too.

I am very, very, VERY excited to hear BID as well as how the band has evolved on Living Things (pun mostly intended, lol). After reading some early reviews and what we have as confirmed tracks, this should be a very exciting year to be an LP fan! #LinkinPark2012 indeed, haha :-D