NEW LPTV: Buried At Sea

lerkid

Rough draft transcript from what I can see (my notes except for the triangle mention are in parentheses):

(Title) BURIED AT SEA

1. abuse cycle (triangle), break up to make up

2. we love to build things up and knock them down

[i burn/build(?dunno) some thing]

V1.

I carried your banner /

I carried the answer /

PC. (pre-chorus)

And it was there in the grey

there in the space below

[there in the space below / there in the space below] (might be double-tracked vocals under the previous line or echoing the previous one)

it was there in grey

There that we came to know

CH.

we build ourselves up

to watch it cave in

we build ourselves up

but through it all

we can't wait

to burn it down again

V2. (appears to be notes only)

[fuck, I always do that]

[but I'm going to get it right]

(PC again)

Edited by SomedudeRemix

Anyone else notice the fact that there's a completely opposite mood in the video than the Making Of ATS?

ATS : rushed, not happy with their situation

This : the happy, do whatever stuff

I definitely think WB loosened their grip, and LP took full control to do what they want with this record.

No matter what it sounds like, I feel it's going to be at, or almost at, the peak of their "attitudes toward music" whether with Warner or without. If Warner or another label continues to let them do whatever method they're utilizing, then we will have numerous records with this heart behind it. If not, then it'll be less than expected on each record.

Anyone else notice the fact that there's a completely opposite mood in the video than the Making Of ATS?

ATS : rushed, not happy with their situation

This : the happy, do whatever stuff

I definitely think WB loosened their grip, and LP took full control to do what they want with this record.

No matter what it sounds like, I feel it's going to be at, or almost at, the peak of their "attitudes toward music" whether with Warner or without. If Warner or another label continues to let them do whatever method they're utilizing, then we will have numerous records with this heart behind it. If not, then it'll be less than expected on each record.

Warner probably loosened their grip because LP's in the studio so soon after their last album, and because they're returning to a more familiar style, as opposed to ATS which came out over three years after Minutes to Midnight and was extremely radio-unfriendly. The label wants to make money, after all, and LP was one of their huge moneymakers in the 2000s.

I'll be the first person to say it:

COLOUR

there, it's been said, we can all now move the f--- on...

EDIT: the process this time around does feel much more relaxed, it could be that these videos have just been edited differently to capture different things, but since the band's been so confident on their next step this time around, I think it's possible that this has been a much more relaxed period. you're always going to be more stressed when you're about to release an album that's relatively off the wall from your band's usual output, but now that that's happened, it would certainly boost your confidence to have had ATS not totally fall on its face.

it's natural for the band to seem confident at this stage methinks

Edited by LGraham

Great episode, I really enjoyed it. Good that the color is back. The editing is great too, even with dates and so far no more of this glitchy stuff. I think that was annoying as hell on Meeting ATS, there was just too much of that.

The process of making ATS was just as relaxed as this one was. The only problem was that Warner was giving them shit at the end. I'm sure there were moments like that on this record too, but we've only seen just little parts so far.

EDIT: Btw, I didn't know that there were acoustic drums mixed in with the electronic ones in BID. Good to see Rob actually had some work to do :D

Edited by MONDREUS240

The process of making ATS was just as relaxed as this one was. The only problem was that Warner was giving them shit at the end. I'm sure there were moments like that on this record too, but we've only seen just little parts so far.

EDIT: Btw, I didn't know that there were acoustic drums mixed in with the electronic ones in BID. Good to see Rob actually had some work to do :D

I think with ATS they wanted to show the struggle it took for the band to really experiment and stretch so we got to see everyone step outside their comfort zones and push. Even though this is one video its def more relaxed. Its cool to see Brad doing a session then switching over to Mike.

Now I hear all the guitar parts thanks to that. Mike may be playing guitar and keys and rapping when they do it live. The drums I could already hear them mixed in with the sampled drums. They do a lot of drum replacement(taking recorded drums and changing the sounds)

I think with ATS they wanted to show the struggle it took for the band to really experiment and stretch so we got to see everyone step outside their comfort zones and push. Even though this is one video its def more relaxed.

yeah like i say, it's easy to warp perceptions just through some simple editing, ATS kind of needed to look stressful (?) LT's definitly going to look easier in comparison. but like you've said, this is a tiny snippet of a whole process, we'll see :)

EDIT: Btw, I didn't know that there were acoustic drums mixed in with the electronic ones in BID. Good to see Rob actually had some work to do Posted Image

"LP, Y U NO USE REAL DRUMS!?" put to bed :lol:

I didn't have time to post about this episode for a few days, but I'm really happy that we are back to color, and back to good, detailed LPTV episodes. Buried At Sea was a way better title than Burn It Down, but it's still the same song, still awesome. I'm thinking about making my own making of DVD with all the LPTV's we get for this album.