Thrash Hits have some potential album news...

Rob_Wilson

Thrash hits recently put this post up on twitter:

Do people care about gossip about the new albums from Linkin Park or Green Day? We've been eavesdropping again.

I'm assuming that given a couple of hours there will be some form of article up on their website here by the end of the day.

Here's hoping!

EDIT: Since posting that on twitter (it was also linked to their facebook) some comments have been posted on their status and they gave some interesting replies:

If what we heard is to be believed, Linkin Park have finished recording now, and have actually moved away from the electronic stuff on this new one.

Personally, I don't believe this to be true due to what Rob said in the chat on Monday, however maybe they have finalised the songs they plan to perfect for the album?

Also after a bit more discussion they then posted this:

While the record business in 2012 is a very different beast now to what it was back in 2000, we're sure the difference in sales figures/musical style between LP's earlier/later material might've played "some" part in their decision-making process.

This part sounds like they're echoing what was said in Kerrang last week/week before so could be interesting - as to how much credibility is behind their source I don't know but I suppose it adds to the speculation ;)

What does everyone think?

Edited by AndOne

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the band is concerned, I don't think album sales had anything to do with any change in sound that might have happened. All artists now-a-days know that low sales are a sign of the times (piracy), and that simply changing your sound isn't going to magically get people to buy your music. People just don't buy music like they used to.

However, as far as the geniuses at Warner are concerned...I don't know how they might feel.

Edited by Xero21

As far as the band is concerned, I don't think album sales had anything to do with any change in sound that might have happened. All artists now-a-days know that low sales are a sign of the times (piracy), and that simply changing your sound isn't going to magically get people to buy your music. People just don't buy music like they used to.

However, as far as the geniuses at Warner are concerned...I don't know how they might feel.

I really don't think they changed their sound because of sales figures. I think they changed their sound because they wanted to. That's what I love about Linkin Park. They keep changing their music and experimenting. I can't wait for more info, too!

Edited by adaminator1

So they're saying they're leaning towards the old sound again or what? As long as it isn't Dubstep.

There's no way they're gonna go back to the old stuff until they do a back to the roots type thing, and it's still too early for that. I personally see them doing more rock-ish stuff, maybe in the M2M spirit but with everything they've learned in their career, maybe like a heavier combo of M2M / ATS? I could see them doing a heavier more electronica influenced Foo Fighters type of record.

ahhh man,it's all crap lol,I don't think they've finished working on new record,last monday they were working on vocals lol,you can't expect next record before august according to me.....well,I don't want them to sound like "HYBRID THEORY","METEORA" & the rest of two,I want to sound them like "LINKIN PARK",that's it.I'm their fan,whatever they are going to make will be awesome,what else we can do except listening lol.they are awesome musicians ,& I pray for their success.....

ummmmm if someone is talking about "they're leaning towards the old sound again",I don't think so it's true,it was chester I think who said last year in a lpu chat that brad is not going to play much guitar in next record,so I don't think they will sound like old one,neither I force them to do so,being a fan,just listen to their music,stop expectations ,they will surely make f'ing awesome music....

I'd hate to see Linkin Park go old school just because sales aren't what they used to be. I would rather they put out an album they like and are proud of instead of songs like "Runaway" or "Hit the Floor" that they'll play once and never again.

I'll always have a soft spot for the "old LP", but I don't ever see Chester going back to his old vocal style. What reason does he have to scream? I'd like more rapping from Mike (ever heard that before lol) but I think I'll like the new LP record no matter what. They're "my band" and I'll always find something to like about their music, especially with Chaz & MS behind the mics.

ahhh man,it's all crap lol,I don't think they've finished working on new record,last monday they were working on vocals lol,you can't expect next record before august according to me.....well,I don't want them to sound like "HYBRID THEORY","METEORA" & the rest of two,I want to sound them like "LINKIN PARK",that's it.I'm their fan,whatever they are going to make will be awesome,what else we can do except listening lol.they are awesome musicians ,& I pray for their success.....

ummmmm if someone is talking about "they're leaning towards the old sound again",I don't think so it's true,it was chester I think who said last year in a lpu chat that brad is not going to play much guitar in next record,so I don't think they will sound like old one,neither I force them to do so,being a fan,just listen to their music,stop expectations ,they will surely make f'ing awesome music....

I have to say I strongly agree with you and many others in this thread. I try not to have any expectations of LP's music, I just sit back, wait a few years, and when their new album comes out I'm sure it'll blow my brains out with its epic-ness. I expect nothing less from this band now. Labels don't suit them.

I'll always have a soft spot for the "old LP", but I don't ever see Chester going back to his old vocal style. What reason does he have to scream? I'd like more rapping from Mike (ever heard that before lol) but I think I'll like the new LP record no matter what. They're "my band" and I'll always find something to like about their music, especially with Chaz & MS behind the mics.

if only more people thought the same way...

To me, it makes no sense for them to return to their heavier roots. The music industry is a very different beast right now, and rock isn't really selling.

This would completely counteract the albums selling statement and would mean they are making music to sell albums rather than because they want to if you look at it like that. Pretty much would define sell out :/

Looking at it that way is an awful outlook to me personally, don't get me wrong I think ATS is brilliant but I did fall in love with them as a rock band - it would be nice to see them at least incorporate a bit more of a rock sound. I would prefer them not to get too psychadelic and far out 'cause it's not really my thing but by the sounds of things they seem to have acknowledged they don't need to cast away anything they may have previously done which is great! Roll on June/July/August!

The album is going to be out earlier than expected

im with this information, Rob in the chat said that Chaz and Mike were recording vocals and im pretty sure that's the last thing they always do at every record

Agree with you, now wait for more news and maybe the new single