New OML Songs: Mike, Chester and Brad Perform @ Warner Bros

RogueSoul

There's a sufficient lack of live performances until May in the Linkin Park camp, but it seems like there will be plenty of impromptu performances over the next few months. The band went to the Warner Bros Records building today (which is decked out, One More Light style) and presented some music to the attendees in the lobby.

The band posted a brief video of them performing 'Heavy' in the stripped down version we've seen before (barring a guest appearance from Kiiara) in the lobby of the building. Chester's on vocals, Mike's on piano, and Brad on guitar. You can check out the videos here and here, or watch the band's stripped down performance of the track with Kiiara from their Facebook Livestream below.

It would appear that the band performed another song, as well - we can only assume it's the as-of-yet-unheard track 'Invisible,' which the band performed on The Late Late Show With James Corden the other night. No audio from either performance has shown up yet - though there is a soundless video of Mike singing on the piano from this event here. Additionally, if you look closely in the background of this video, you can see a second guitar in the background of this picture for Brad to use, presumably for 'Invisible.' If they did in fact play the song, this would be the live debut of the stripped-down version of the track.

UPDATE: The original soundless video has been uploaded WITH sound, and it appears that the band performed 'One More Light' instead of 'Invisible'! This is our first taste of a new song from the album that's not 'Heavy' - what do you think of the clip?

UPDATE 2: The band also performed 'Talking To Myself' for the first time. More and more clips keep popping up - we'll let you know if anymore new songs show up. Let us know what you think of these clips!

SETLIST:

01. Talking To Myself (Stripped Down; Live Debut)

02. One More Light (Stripped Down; Live Debut)

03. Heavy (Stripped Down)

Show page

Watch Linkin Park and Kiiara play 'Heavy' for the first time full band on The Late Late Show With James Corden.

It seems like we'll be seeing a lot more of these "showcase" performances over the next few weeks... Surely we must be close to a warm up show before the tour soon! If any more videos from this event show up, we'll keep you covered. The music video for 'Heavy' is due out on March 9, so after you watch it, be sure to check back here and tell us what you think! Follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page to stay updated.

See the band's touring schedule for 2017 here.

One More Light sounds really beautiful. It's the kind of song I like to hear at the end of a heavy album (too bad that's not the case here).

Talking To Myself is like one of those really happy poppy songs with music videos featuring people jumping and dancing in the streets. I want them to make a video for that song just so I can see the band dancing.

"They say

Who cares if one more light goes out

In a sky of a million stars

It flickers, flickers

Who cares when someone's time runs out

If a moment is all we are

We're quicker, quicker

Who cares if one more light goes out

Well I do"

Wow, the title track sounds phenomenal.

Unlike Heavy, both of these songs sound like there may actually be some decent songwriting going on in them (One More Light, in particular). How they end up sounding on the album remains to be seen...

Also, this cycle's already proving to be a weird one - 4/10 songs from the album performed live already, over two months before the album's even out, but two of them have only been done in alternate arrangements, the lead single's only been performed in its original form once, and the other song that was performed "normally" had a massive gag order put on it.

Edited by Astat

Now THAT'S what i'm talking about. More of this please! These small clips (although alternately arranged) sound WAAAAY better than Heavy. Good lyrics, super catchy, (and especially with OML) with lots of heart. Now, I am a little excited for this album.

Woah, OML is gonna be amazing song!

And these performances new songs.. They played 4 songs from new album already so I hope that we'll see the whole album in live show this time ;)

btw, there is no more videos from this performances?

Edited by Nisshin

Both of these clips sound amazing and has turned up my anticipation for this album from a 2 to a 6. Heavy is so bad, that I am sure there will be songs just as bad on the album, but these two stripped down versions are more catchy, more rock, and have more passion. Keep it coming!

I like this style they are playing in. They should do more stuff like this, even around the USA (wishful thinking).

I believe they will release Invisible later this month. Just my guess.

The music video of Heavy is coming this week, so I don't think so.. Maybe next month and the third one a few days before the South American Tour and the album release

Both of these clips sound amazing and has turned up my anticipation for this album from a 2 to a 6. Heavy is so bad, that I am sure there will be songs just as bad on the album, but these two stripped down versions are more catchy, more rock, and have more passion. Keep it coming!

Exactly how I feel. Heavy is just awful, but these songs sound quite a bit better.

Woah, OML is gonna be amazing song!

And these performances new songs.. They played 4 songs from new album already so I hope that we'll see the whole album in live show this time ;)

btw, there is no more videos from this performances?

4?