Linkin Park to Headline River City Rockfest 2015

hahninator

A new show has been announced and the fans in Texas have lucked out! Linkin Park will headline the River City Rockfest at San Antonio, TX's AT&T Center on May 24, 2015. This is the first indoor arena show announced for this summer.

Linkin Park has not performed in San Antonio since 2007, when they played Selma, TX's amphitheater on Projekt Revolution 2007. They played this arena on the Meteora World Tour in 2004 and almost had a show there on Family Values Tour 2001 on November 9th, but it was canceled, so Rockfest will be their third show in the city.

There is a large lineup playing this festival - Volbeat, Papa Roach, Halestorm, In This Moment, Live, The Pretty Reckless, Anthrax, Scott Weiland, In Flames, We Are Harlot, You Me At Six, Upon A Burning Body, and Crobot will round out the lineup. Surely with 14 bands there will be two stages, but we don't know that for a fact.

The general admission presale is only $39.50 so this is the cheapest Linkin Park show for a ticket on the floor that we've seen since Tucson, AZ 2014 (also around $40). An LPU presale will go live on February 3rd, and regular tickets are on sale on February 6th.

This show falls between Rock On The Range and Rocklahoma on the current touring schedule, which you can view here.

I am very excited about this announcement. I have plenty of time to save up for it, its not far, my wife loves The Pretty Reckless and I love Papa Roach. Seeing them with Linkin Park has been a big dream of mine. We will be trying really hard to go to this. It's nice to see LP playing with bands likes this. I have been getting back into rock music big time and this is perfect. So stoked.

Hopefully they will bring in some jams. This isn't one of their personal headliners nor is it a festival with all kinds of genres. This is a rock show. I really hope they take that into consideration and bring out the bangers.