Start It All Up...? Fort Minor "Blackout"

hahninator

Our friend Max on Facebook alerted us earlier today to one of the most random things we've seen in quite some time - Mike has created an Instagram account for Fort Minor and started following it today.

The account currently has no posts, but can be found here: http://instagram.com/fortminor

Two weeks ago, Mike posted a picture to his Instagram account of his Fort Minor artwork from 2005, which can be seen here (or below). Coincidence?

fmart.jpg

Is Mike simply going to show off his artwork on this account, or could it be more? The 10th anniversary of Fort Minor, the most popular side project of Linkin Park's members, is this year and we all know Linkin Park has quite a bit of time off before they hit the stage again in May.

And then there's this, which a Linkin Park fan found from a "Linkin Log" episode in 2014...

2/19 EDIT: The Fort Minor Facebook page has been blacked out as well, which happened on February 18th.
2/19 EDIT 2: The fortminor.com domain was renewed/updated on October 11, 2014, just before Linkin Park left to play two shows in Brazil. It redirects to mikeshinoda.com, which is linked to the Fort Minor social media accounts.

2/20 EDIT: Fans have found that these blank/black images are not so blank after all - they contain a hidden image.

3/31 EDIT: Two old school videos about 'Remember The Name' were uploaded to the Fort Minor Youtube account.

Whatever it is, it has caught the attention of the fans and has them talking.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a lot of stuff to be just coincidental to me. An Instagram account? Instagram didn't exist at all back then, obviously, so that'd be really random. He can't have that much material for just posting throwback pictures. The timing seems good too.

I gotta say I'm more excited for this than I am for LP7. It would be a good idea for Mike and Chester to spend some time with FM and STP in my opinion. Some of the other guys seem burned out, so a break would probably do good for the creative process of the next LP record too. This is exciting!

How do we know that it was Mike that created the instagram account other than that it says MS.com?

Considering the fortminor.com domain was updated October 11, 2014, the Instagram was created today and is "all black" with the profile picture, and the Facebook page yesterday was "blacked out", I don't see who else it could be. Mike runs the FM FB page, not fans. And he followed the Instagram account himself - he doesn't follow many accounts. It's all too coincidental to not be Mike.

I would love a new Fort Minor album. Remember the Name, Believe Me, Slip Out the Back, Red to Black, Where'd You Go, High Road, Cover and Duck, There They Go... great tracks by a great group. I really hope that Mike continue the project and make another great album along with FM. And, maybe, improve your lyrics, that were in the last albums, in comparison with The Rising Tied, very weak .

[Petrified doesn't count xD]

Okay, I am almost 100% sure mike is up to something when it comes to fort minor. Why else would he be wasting his time messing around with the Fort Minor facebook page and creating an instagram account. Not only that, but if you all remember... on recharged Ryu hinted at more Fort Minor material... I'm not sure whats happening but all i am sure about is Fort Minor is back in some shape or form.

Who is rooting for a tour with LP, Fort Minor and Stone Temple Pilots or the return of Dead by Sunrise? How epic would that be?

Who is rooting for a tour with LP, Fort Minor and Stone Temple Pilots or the return of Dead by Sunrise? How epic would that be?

It would definitely be awesome, but I doubt Mike and Chester would want to play 2 shows each every night lol

Edited by Justin

I think the real question is, if he's making new music would it be still "Fort Minor"? Would it be still the same members? This was 10 years ago, a lot has changed. The music Mike did in the last few years was more electronic/pop than hip-hop. 2005 was a very different phase for him and the band. I don't think it will be a simple part 2 what most people are hoping for apparently.

Check this

This is the FM FB profile photo

10974149_10204315608959073_6519079339030

Same image edited with Paint

11016105_10204315610199104_1340893829951

Same image edited with PicMonkey

10974200_10204315609199079_4639626860766

This is the FM FB front photo

10857276_10204315610279106_3467515978986

Same image edited with Paint

10866271_10204315610839120_6211512878988

Same image edited with PinkMonkey

10991478_10204315612719167_3349344931702

Weird huh? What do you guys think? They are definitely not black.

ADD: if you look close to the 2 images edited with paint, they're very similar

Edited by mauriciokkp