Changes to LinkinPark.com

Linkin Park are planning to upgrade and move to a new platform in the upcoming weeks. As per what the email states, you need to use your email address to activate your new account, and must make changes to your account [if necessary] before August 14th otherwise you'll have to wait till around August 29th. You'll receive an email on August 29th with instructions on how to activate your account. LinkinPark.com however will look the same.

Changes:

• [Removing] Friends List, Direct Messaging (for now), old comments and tiny chat.
  • [Adding] Fan Posts, similar to a tweet or a short post
  • [Adding] Likes / Shares / Commenting on news and content
  • [Adding] Connect your Social Media to your LinkinPark.com Account
  • [Adding] Brand New Contest Widgets
  • Introducing a new iOS and Android App to replace tiny chat

As per what the email states, all your account information, including forum posts and points will me moved to the new service.

Edit: Incase you didn't get the email, http://lprk.co/2ihqp3

Full Email below:

Dear LinkinPark.com community member,

We are getting ready to migrate LinkinPark.com to a brand new platform. Below is helpful information on what's to come in the upcoming weeks.

Please read carefully.

Your LinkinPark.com Account

Your account is currently registered under the email address where you received this message. You will need to use this same email address to activate your new account, and you have until August 14th to update any of your information. Making any changes to your account after August 14th will not be possible until on or around August 29th.

When will the migration take place?

On or around August 29th, you will receive an email with instructions on how to activate your new LinkinPark.com account. LinkinPark.com will look the same, and we are working on launching a brand new design for the near future.

I'm an LPU Member, how does this affect me?

Your membership expiration date won't change. We will be bringing over all of your LPU membership information onto the new platform. On August 15th, the LPU Store and all LPU Membership products will be unavailable for purchase until the launch of the new LPU Store. LinkinPark.com and the LPU Hub will look the same for now.

Can I still buy an LPU 15 Bundle or renew my membership before the migration?

If you haven't purchased an LPU 15 Bundle, or renewed your membership, we encourage you to do so before August 15th. You will also have the ability to purchase an LPU membership or LPU 15 Bundle after the new LPU Store launches.

Visit the LPU Store: LinkinPark.com/LPUStore

What changes are coming?

Here is a list of what we are migrating:

• Your account details
  • The Date your account was created
  • Your Birthday
  • Your Points, please note points won't be active right away but your current total points will be transferred onto your new account even if not visible
  • Linkin Park Forums - Yes! All of your forum profiles, topics and posts will stay as is. We are keeping the Discourse Forum and will open up the whole Forum to all users

Here is a list of what isn't being migrated:

• Friends List
  • Direct Messages, for now, this feature will be discontinued
  • Fan Blogs
  • Older post comments won't be migrated
  • Tiny Chat, look out for a brand new LPU Chat experience inside the Linkin Park App! Coming Soon.

What are some new features to expect in the new platform?

• Fan Posts, similar to a tweet or a short post
  • Likes / Shares / Commenting on news and content
  • Connect your Social Media to your LinkinPark.com Account
  • Brand New Contest Widgets

We are working to bring you many more platform features in the near future, including a brand new Linkin Park App for iOS and Android. Coming Soon.

Questions? Email us at support@linkinpark.com

Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to bringing you a brand new experience on LinkinPark.com.

-Linkin Park HQ and the LPU Team

Edited by TheInterframe

• 1 month later...

I just tried to log in via the LPU using my Facebook login as the popup login box recommends, and got this:

"Hey,

Someone has requested to log in to Metallica via Facebook Login using an account associated with this email address. If you would like to allow access to your account click the link below.
Confirm Facebook Login
If this was not you, feel free to ignore this email. No further action is required to block access."
:lol:

I really don't care for whatever they did to the site. They got rid of all the photos from the Meet & Greets and Summits. They got rid of a shit ton of LPUTV. They got rid of all the LPU15 tracks that you can download by becoming a full member, even though the final LPU15 track still hasn't been released and anyone that joins now won't be able to get the full album, which sucks.

Edited by DarkChester

I really don't care for whatever they did to the site. They got rid of all the photos from the Meet & Greets and Summits. They got rid of a shit ton of LPUTV. They got rid of all the LPU15 tracks that you can download by becoming a full member, even though the final LPU15 track still hasn't been released and anyone that joins now won't be able to get the full album, which sucks.

I think the missing content is temporary, to my knowledge they're still moving stuff over from the old system. The new system is a bit weird, but it's something I'm sure we'll get used to, here's the link to the free downloads though: https://linkinpark.com/store/free-downloads