LPU VyRT Chat with Brad on Monday

RogueSoul

lpu-locked-header.jpg

Brad will be chatting with fans on the exclusive LPU Chatroom on VyRT on Monday, April 20 at 11 AM PST. This will be the second LPU Chat to be held on VyRT after the switchover from Tinychat, after Lorenzo's and Lulu's chat earlier this week.

VyRT is Jared Leto's online ticketting company - Linkin Park's used it before, when theirs and Thirty Seconds To Mars' sets were broadcast live at the Hollywood Bowl (and, unfortunately, faced some issues due to a DDoS attack). VyRT allows for you to watch chats from wherever you may be from any device - the same goes for the artist. Jared Leto has done free VyRT Violets from all over the world on tour (including backstage on the Carnivores Tour, where they streamed the band going onstage at a few shows). The band will now be using it regularly to host LPU Chats, and potentially even stream concerts in the future.

To access the chatroom, check your LPU dashboard and copy/paste the code to watch.

VyRT is Jared Leto's online ticketting company - Linkin Park's used it before, when theirs and Thirty Seconds To Mars' sets were broadcast live at the Hollywood Bowl (and, unfortunately, faced some issues due to a DDoS attack). VyRT allows for you to watch chats from wherever you may be from any device - the same goes for the artist. Jared Leto has done free VyRT Violets from all over the world on tour (including backstage on the Carnivores Tour, where they streamed the band going onstage at a few shows). The band will now be using it regularly to host LPU Chats, and potentially even stream concerts in the future.

Don't promote VyRT, this is an LP site, you freak me out.

Just kidding, don't cry hahahaha

Brad LPU chat highlights:
- He is not sure if Linkin Park will change their setlist this year.
- Download Festival was a fun, but challenging show to play for him. He had to refresh himself for By Myself, Forgotten, and Pushing Me Away. However, those songs are not hard to play for him. He said no songs on Hybrid Theory are difficult for him to perform.
- He played "Another Saturday Night" and "I Think It's Going to Rain Today" with Jakob Dylan. He had heard the second song for the first time the day of the show.
- "If the opportunity ever presented itself, we'd love to tour with System Of A Down. We are great friends with them and big fans of them. Fans would be really excited to see that."
- "We are looking forward to playing China this year." Looks like Chinese tour dates will come soon. Our thread on leaked/proposed Chinese tour dates in 2015 can be found here: http://bit.ly/1JUGCLV
- He discussed the recent Music For Relief partnerships and says spreading the word about MFR is very important. He is very well versed in MFR.
- His current favorite song on The Hunting Party is Mark The Graves.
- More episodes of "Making of The Hunting Party" are coming soon.
- The band has played a few really old, pre-Hybrid Theory songs before, including Reading My Eyes and Fuse. He said "Spark Marker" but seems to have been kidding with that title. (LP has never played Fuse to our knowledge, but now we know Xero and/or Hybrid Theory at least performed it.)

- His favorite thing about performing live is being able to share the band's new music with fans all over the world. He said making a record is a very "insular" deal and sharing it with everyone on tour makes him happy.

Wow, it was a nice chat.. I thought it was going to be another trolling-style chat with Brad with no real info, but this one was kinda different.

And VyRT seems to be way better than tinychat. So far I liked everything today.

Wow, it was a nice chat.. I thought it was going to be another trolling-style chat with Brad with no real info, but this one was kinda different.

And VyRT seems to be way better than tinychat. So far I liked everything today.

Agreed. I was a big fan. VyRT is waaay better than tinychat. Brad did a good job.

Chat summary from MikeShinodaClan.com

Brad just chatted with LPUers about, we have the chat summary below:

– They’re still working on setlists for the upcoming tour.
– Brad had blonde hair in high school, and straight hair.
– Favourite Metallica song: he has lots, …And Justice For All, and Master of Puppets are his favourite albums and a little Kill ‘em All.
– If he had to take one thing from Africa he’d chose friendship.
– Little baby was his first nickname.
– Most difficult to play from Hybrid Theory, he said that they had to refresh on Forgotten, By Myself, Pushing Me Away for Download Festival. He said it was a fun show, and more challenging, after a while the on tour he doenst have to think about what he’s playing, it flows.
– On Steve Aoki: Steve is super talented and creative and they’ve been really lucky to work with him, he’s a super nice guy and super smart.
– With Jacob Dylan he played: a Sam Cooke cover, and “I Think It’s Gonna Rain”
– He used to work at the Roxy and Whiskey
– He’s looking forward to playing with a lot of different groups at festivals, he’s looking forward to going to China and Mexico.Says it’s gonna be a fun summer.
– Tour with System Of A Down? They like the band and are friends with them, if the opportunity came they’d like to tour with them.
– He used to love Nintendo, he loves Mario, Legend of Zelda and Mike Tyson Punch Out
– He doesn’t have any tattoos but he is a fan of tattoos.
– Favourite Music For Relief event – they’ve just announced a partnership with Wildcoast, who do wildlife restoration work. He hopes the fans will get involved with MFR projects.
– Favourite song from The Hunting Party: Mark The Graves, the words and the music. He says THP was fun to make and is fun to play live. They had amazing collaborations on the album.
– He mentioned pre-Hybrid Theory songs include Reading My Eyes, Fuse, Spark Marker(? might be a joke)
– What inspired Brad to do music as a career: he didn’t think over it as a career, he just loves playing music, he got his first guitar at 12, and has played ever since.
– Favourite movie: comedy – Coming To America.
– They’re lucky to have big shows all around the world .
– Favourite book: War and Peace, he read it when he was younger.
– Best thing about playing shows: being able to share our music with people directly, with just them and their fans who give them so much energy and sing back. They’re grateful for people who support the band over the years.

Source: http://mikeshinodaclan.com/2015/04/chat-summary-brad-delson-lpu-chat-20042015/

His comments after it said "Yeah, Spark Marker....*laughs*...some alliteration there." Really how he said it made it sound like a joke.

The setlist comments were relating to the fact LP hasn't met yet to discuss setlists. He said he didn't know what they were doing in regards to a change, "hopefully we can figure that out sooner than later." LP hasn't begun rehearsing for Rock In Rio yet.