ROTW (Recording Of The Week) Reboot? Please Vote

[AndOne]

ROTW  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back ROTW?

• Yes!
    • No!

Hey,

Yesterday I had the idea to bring back the Recording Of The Week downloads. We ended it a while ago due to decreasing interest.

I noticed recently that more and more people are asking for reuploads in the old topic, probably the main reason being the closure of Megaupload, taking most of the direct downloads offline. That's why we want to reboot the whole thing, re-posting all the previous uploads + new stuff of course, not necessarily in the old order.

We set a goal for about 50+ votes for yes, to see if there's enough demand to bring it back or not.

absolutely yes!

ROTW has always been brilliant - you guys always made sure we had great quality, and accurate info on the show - it was a shame to see it die out.

be nice to see it back :)

Who are the NO's? <_>

show you! :P

Because I think that people stopped appreciating ROTW at the end, which is why I was against continuing it.

Almost no requests, comments, and definitely there were no asking as to where did ROTW go when we stopped doing it, at least I haven't seen any.

So I think that it became uninteresting for most people.

Because I think that people stopped appreciating ROTW at the end, which is why I was against continuing it.

Almost no requests, comments, and definitely there were no asking as to where did ROTW go when we stopped doing it, at least I haven't seen any.

So I think that it became uninteresting for most people.

i think that some people are fine to download stuff, but won't then leave a comment to thank the uploader or wish to contribute in any way...

noticed it on my DBS live download thread - mediafire lets you see the amount of downloads your individual files have had, and i noticed it was wayyyy out of proportion to the people who were commenting/requesting/generally contributing to that thread.

alot of people seem to like the LPL exclusives, but if you're just giving stuff away every week, they maybe didn't care as much? maybe only do ROTW as a "Recording of The Month" or something... perhaps you'd get more from it...?

on another note, even if you don't bring back the recording give-away idea in whatever form it may take - do you think we could still get a reboot on the files in the previous ROTW? sure, torrents may be difficult to do if there's less interest, but at least the direct links fixed would keep most people happy.

in fact I'm considering ploughing through the live audio forum and reuploading everything that doesn't now work...

Edited by LGraham

I absolutely loved ROTW. All the info and the best sources available and everything. Sure, a lot of people weren't commenting, but a lot of people were downloading. Are you looking for gratification from people, or to deliver the best and most interesting content available to the fans of a website about Linkin Park Live, thus continuing to make this the best Linkin Park website on the net. That's what ROTW was for me at least.

Maybe you could make it more interesting by having someone do a review on the show. Stuff like the quality of the recording, the setlist played, how well LP played, how involved the crowd was... stuff like that. People love new content and this website doesn't really have much these days in the way of new original content. Besides the forum and the occasional news post, what reason is there to really come here? Sorry to be blunt on the matter, but this place is kind of stale atm, and it shows with the lack of new long term members Stuff like a spruced up ROTW, some articles, editorials and stuff like that is exactly what this place needs. Thinking out of the box and offering stuff other websites do not always helps, and this place has name recognition to a degree to back it up.

But I went off on a tangent there and really lost my train of thought... Yes, I do want ROTW back however.