2014.06.18 - Burbank, CA - iHeartRadio Theater

On the 18th, Linkin Park performs their album release show for The Hunting Party when they perform at the new iHeartRadio Theater in Burbank, California. The band did not hold a release show for Living Things, so the last album release concert that they performed was for A Thousand Suns all the way back in September 2010 for A Thousand Suns, when they performed at the Best Buy Theater in New York City, NY. How was that already almost four years ago?!

This show will feature another collaboration with SiriusXM for a broadcast, similar to the Third Encore set in 2012 (SiriusXM's Town Hall), where the station broadcasted the half-hour show for fans. The broadcast kicks off at 7:00pm PST / 10:00pm EST. Sirius says about the show, "The best part of all is no Linkin Park fan will miss out on all the action. The event will be broadcast live on-air as a 60-minute special on Clear Channel Alt, Active Rock, and Mainstream Rock Stations, as well as streamed online across CHR, Hot-AC, Alt, Active Rock, Mainstream Rock, and Sports station websites. Fans can also check out the live stream on iHeartRadio.com. Tune in at 7 p.m. PT/ 10 p.m. ET!"

The "60-minute special" comment makes it sound like this show will only be an hour, but we won't really know how long the set is until the band takes the stage. Either Linkin Park is performing a full show, or they are doing a shortened deal just for radio. The only way to win entry to this show is via SiriusXM or the LPU, so this is sure to be another intimate set for fans.

On the 17th, Linkin Park played a ten song set for KROQ Red Bull Sound Space in Los Angeles, where 200-250 LPU members and KROQ winners packed in to hear a great little set by the band. At this show, we can expect no other songs from The Hunting Party...those other new tracks will likely be saved for Carnivores Tour. If the band performs a shortened set, we expect a shorter version of the European Tour setlist similar to the KROQ show (which was 53 minutes, so maybe one or two more songs added to that). If a full set is done, you'll be sure to see the European Tour set start-to-finish!

After this show, there is an "exclusive" performance for Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow. Since the outdoor show was canceled, JKL says that the band will record a few songs in another location to show on TV. This might mean that the band will set up somewhere tomorrow and record a few songs, or maybe they'll just take the songs from the show tonight to use. We will know tomorrow! The full 2014 touring schedule (including upcoming dates & past setlists) can be found here.

Let's do this!

Date: June 18, 2014

Venue: iHeartRadio Theater

Event: 'The Hunting Party' Release Show

Setlist:

1. Burn It Down

2. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' V2; Wall Of Noise Outro)

3. Wastelands (Album Version)

4. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro / Outro + Verse 1 Guitar)

5. In The End (False Start)

6. Faint (Ext. Outro)

7. Until It's Gone (Ext. Outro Transition)

8. A Light That Never Comes (Shortened (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge))

9. New Divide (Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse))

10. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

11. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Ending)

Show Notes:

- The band played a special setlist for this show, featuring their most popular singles and new songs from 'The Hunting Party'.

- Jenn Marino, radio personality for iHeartRadio, hosted the show.

- This is the first time that 'Burn It Down' has ever opened a show.

- Jenn Marino came up and asked a few questions after 'Waiting For The End', 'Wastelands', and 'What I've Done'.

- Joe messed up the intro to 'In The End' multiple times, prompting Mike to say, "Technical difficulties!"

- After 'What I've Done', Brad joked about going to the bathroom with his guitar during the next few questions. The band then went into a very 'unique' conversation about going to the bathroom. Chester claimed that Brad's guitar was actually his penis. (

- After the show, the band played a few songs that were aired later on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Other Notes:

- This performance was billed as the release show for The Hunting Party. The band last did a release show for A Thousand Suns at the Best Buy Theater in New York in 2010, as Living Things did not have a release show.

- To gain admission to the show, fans had to win a spot from the LPU or from SiriusXM.

- Adam, the previous head of the LPU, was in attendance of the show.

Edited by Søuł

Album release party, and they play two tracks from the album, leaving out the best one they've done live.

Incredible.

No no, they aren't going to play GATS twice tonight. They are filming for JKL after this show ASAP. I can't blame the band for that. But it is weird to do an album release show like this - iHeartRadio must be paying them a lot of money (Live Nation?) for this show. LP could easily play Staples Center or a smaller venue with a full show for the album release show. I am surprised they didn't.

Tonight's set - meh. The band was alright. Chester I think you can tell when he plays a lot of shows in a row. He didn't seem to have this problem in Europe but maybe since he played KROQ and then this show, his voice seemed a tad bit off. Maybe that was just me. The crowd SUCKED once again...another lame USA crowd. LPU'ers too, this time. Standing like statues on Faint and then blowing up on ALTNC.

I wasn't a big fan of the interview and then song and then interview thing. Whatever, it's just one show. They kicked ass and took names in Europe, and the KROQ show was good. Oh well.

http://lplive.net/shows/db/2014/20140618 Show page is up, with the JKL songs.

Yeah! Kudos to the band for playing all 3 new songs! I am a big fan of them at least making this up and doing 3 JKL songs - and all 3 are new songs. With a 6-8 song JKL set we'd just get these 3 plus 5 singles anyway. This works!

Wastelands to me is like...a "medium" song. It's not garbage and it's not EPIC, but i do like it a lot. Good riff...good rapping...good screaming. But live it just JAMS baby, Chester explodes. It sounds great. I couldn't be more pleased with how the 3 new songs sound live - GATS, UIG and Wastelands all bring it.

So much happier with these songs than I was with the LT songs. BID and LGM to me sucked live. Building it erp and then Chester not screaming the end of LGM. THP songs are kicking ASS!

well I was at the show, had a blast, but yeah I was one of the few people actually singing and jumping around. The new songs sounded fucking amazing live. I don't think a lot of the people were LPUers to be honest. Hell I met a group of friends that got tickets because one of their friends is the band's personal chef.

This was a really special show.

There was nothing too exciting about the setlist but the conversations between the interviewer and the band were funny. Throughout an album cycle, they will always use the same quips (the talk about Ollie Sykes, name dropping Meshuggah, the word "visceral") so no interview will be too exciting so it's always great to hear some banter like Chester yarning about party pants and when Phoenix mentioned the house parties yesterday.

No no, they aren't going to play GATS twice tonight. They are filming for JKL after this show ASAP. I can't blame the band for that. But it is weird to do an album release show like this - iHeartRadio must be paying them a lot of money (Live Nation?) for this show. LP could easily play Staples Center or a smaller venue with a full show for the album release show. I am surprised they didn't.

Tonight's set - meh. The band was alright. Chester I think you can tell when he plays a lot of shows in a row. He didn't seem to have this problem in Europe but maybe since he played KROQ and then this show, his voice seemed a tad bit off. Maybe that was just me. The crowd SUCKED once again...another lame USA crowd. LPU'ers too, this time. Standing like statues on Faint and then blowing up on ALTNC.

I wasn't a big fan of the interview and then song and then interview thing. Whatever, it's just one show. They kicked ass and took names in Europe, and the KROQ show was good. Oh well.

I was also at the show last night via the LPU. There were probably only 20% LPU fans so the "casual" iheartradio winners weren't that lively among the rest of the crowd. I've had the privilege of seeing LP over 20x so this show was one of the better ones in my opinion. I haven't been on youtube yet to rewatch the webcast, but I felt Chester sang really well and I love the energy that everyone brought to the stage. Even though most of the crowd wasn't physically into it, the whole crowd was loud in singing along to every song which was great.