Australian DSP's Available

[AndOne]

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha yeah listen to Crawling (canberra) the start of second chorus 1:25 :D but seems like 2010 he's putting at least some effort trying to scream more in crawling and make it sound more like the album version.

I'll put my money on the guys competely scrapping the original vocals.

Hey guys if you have already purchased the Canberra DSP you can go back to the downloads section and will have 2 files waiting for you. The original vocals were scrapped (in New Divide at least). On ND you can compare old with new on the line "and every loss". The way Chaz says loss is different so the band may have thrown in the vocals from another concert. Haven't looked too far into it yet but the vocals have been messed with..

Anybody want to re-download Canberra and A/B Crawling and New Divide to see if they changed anything?

Pooch says:

"Canberra - was a show that we had technical difficulties with. In the end we spent a bunch of time re-editing stuff in order to release something that we were proud of. Sounds like you were downloading the files during the time we were having this discussion about what to do with them. We decided ultimately to take those files down from the site, do some re-editing and mixing, and releasing them as a better version."

Hope this helps you!

I want to collect both versions of the songs so that I have them. I need someone to purchase the new version and seed it so we have it.

I want to collect both versions of the songs so that I have them. I need someone to purchase the new version and seed it so we have it.

Couldnt the purchaser just re email the support and ask to DL the show again due to the unfinished files being update and so on?

Eww, yeah. I had only listened to New Divide, and didn't think anything abnormal was going on (Chester's been consistently bad on that song for most of this touring cycle), but that has to be the most painful rendition of Crawling I've ever heard.

Weird that they'd go out of their way to try to cover it up like this though. If they don't upload "fixed" versions of those 2 songs, it'll be the first time an entire song has EVER been cut from a DSP, let alone two of them! Not to mention they've never had a problem showing Chester's vocal blemishes in the past...Oklahoma City 2008 when Chester was sick immediately comes to mind.

I gotta say, Oklahoma City 2008 was, imho, a really cool concert despite that. I only have a few from that year, and it beats out others.

Calling in Astat to A/B them please!

Nothing extraordinary that hasn't already been pointed out. They completely redid Chester's vocals on both songs. I don't think they're punched in from another show (or if they are, they only are in certain spots), as his pronunciation doesn't really seem to change most of the time, so I think they just pitch-corrected the existing vocals in most spots.

Also, for the sake of not having 2 copies of Crawling/New Divide in a row in the Canberra DSP folder, I've re-tagged the "DNU" versions like this - "xx DNU Crawling.mp3" That way, assuming you sort your files alphabetically, those 2 tracks will be at the very bottom, after the photos and everything. Normally I don't like re-tagging stuff, but I think in this situation it makes sense. Just thought I'd offer that tip if anybody else hadn't thought of it.