Keys To The Kingdom to receive live debut?

hahninator

An interesting document has surfaced about Linkin Park's upcoming shows in China. Linkin Park apparently had to submit a list of songs to be "approved" by the Chinese government for their upcoming stadium tour there. This is no surprise, as they had to do the same thing for the show in Shanghai in 2009. At that show, the Chinese government said to "please remove Given Up and Hands Held High" from the setlist, and the band did so accordingly, having Session segue into From The Inside (instead of Given Up, to open the show) and dropping the Hands Held High verse over the intro of Crawling.

With this document (dated for the Beijing show), provided by LPL member Vorist from a Weibo group, we see a list of 42 possible songs. Basically everything that's been played on the world tour for The Hunting Party is listed, including A Place For My Head, With You, Somewhere I Belong, Blackout, A Light That Never Comes, and others that aren't being performed live right now.

However, an interesting addition is Keys To The Kingdom. All the way back in 2014, the band said they wanted to perform A Line In The Sand and Keys To The Kingdom live....and A Line In The Sand was finally debuted in May. It is unknown if Keys was ever rehearsed (maybe in January or May) or not, though. Anyway, it's on the list, which means some serious consideration has at least gone into the song being performed live.

The list was likely made sometime in 2015, since Darker Than Blood is included. We don't KNOW if Linkin Park will debut Keys, but they at least are thinking about it since it's on the list of songs to be approved. It's also likely that some of these songs in the list will have to be dropped according to their strict government policies, so that might be why extras are included. Metallica famously had to drop Master Of Puppets, One, and Creeping Death from its Shanghai shows in 2013 due to the wild government.

Jr0NuDH.jpg

Additionally, Global Times asked Joe about the upcoming shows there and this is what he had to say...

Global Times: "What's it like to perform in a country with a totally different culture?"

Joe Hahn: "Last time we had a great time in China. They were big shows and at the time they told us that they were the biggest shows for a rock band in China and so we're looking forward to coming back and repeating that success and sharing our music with our massive fan base in China... cultures may be different but the fans are the same in terms of the universal emotion that they get from the music and what we get back from them."

Linkin Park kicks off the five show stadium tour in China on July 15th and performs in Nanjing, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Chongqing, and Beijing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so they can do a 42 song setlist and play each song shortened like they are doing it anyway. with most of the songs ... or maybe they will do Metallica style from a few years ago and play each show a different setlist, which would be awesome

What about Welcome? Did Mike add it on the list in a second moment, or it will be dropped and they will play simply the Mike Solo?

Anyway: i still think that KTTK and GU cannot be in the same setlist. I think they could play Keys in case they will be forced to drop Given Up.

Edited by HyruleKing

I think that the chance for KTTK to be played is big, I think that they includedit in the list in case GU will be dropped (which I highly believe will be)

In addition, I think Rebellion will be banned too. Strange they didn't include UIB in their list, while they included W&K, Requiem and The Catalyst. Does it mean that there won't be UIB intro to WFTE?

Here's my idea of a perfect set, even though I know it would never happen.

1) One Step Closer (Extended Intro)

2) A Place for my Head
3) Lying From You
4) Keys to the Kingdom
5) New Divide
6) Points of Authority
7) From the Inside
8) Wastelands
9) Castle of Glass
10) Powerless
11) Final Masquerade
12) Waiting for the End
13) Breaking the Habit
14) Shadow of the Day
15) Until it’s Gone
16) Burn it Down
17) Faint
Encore:
18) A Line in the Sand
19) Papercut
20) The Catalyst
21) In the End
22) What I’ve Done
23) Bleed it Out

I think that the chance for KTTK to be played is big, I think that they includedit in the list in case GU will be dropped (which I highly believe will be)

In addition, I think Rebellion will be banned too. Strange they didn't include UIB in their list, while they included W&K, Requiem and The Catalyst. Does it mean that there won't be UIB intro to WFTE?

No songs get banned this time.

I think they still use old setlist,just use Mike solo replace Welcome.

I am 99% sure some songs will be banned, unless you know something I don't. GU, Rebellion, and Wretches are the most likely candidates, which would eliminate Mike's Medley, too. Mike will probably do the version of RTN he did live with FM, and the band will play APFMH and/or WY in place of Given Up. Keys is a possibility, though.

How about UIB intro to WFTE? They didn't ask for UIB
That's actually a very good point. Small stuff like The Requiem, The Catalyst, Robot Boy, and Blackout were on there, meaning they probably had to ask for every snippet of a song they plan on using. Not asking for UIB might just mean no Apaches on this tour.
Edited by SasstielExperience

I disagree. The Chinese government is crazy. If they required a list of songs, and they forced Metallica to drop 3 of their biggest songs ever in 2013 and LP 2 songs in 2009, LP will definitely get a few songs rejected here.

I am 99% sure some songs will be banned, unless you know something I don't. GU, Rebellion, and Wretches are the most likely candidates, which would eliminate Mike's Medley, too. Mike will probably do the version of RTN he did live with FM, and the band will play APFMH and/or WY in place of Given Up. Keys is a possibility, though.

That's actually a very good point. Small stuff like The Requiem, The Catalyst, Robot Boy, and Blackout were on there, meaning they probably had to ask for every snippet of a song they plan on using. Not asking for UIB might just mean no Apaches on this tour.

Agreed. GU and Rebellion for sure in my opinion. I mean we don't need to look at this TOO seriously, the UIB omission could have been a simple mistake. I highly doubt Apaches will go away. I'm surprised no Welcome, though.

If GU was banned in 2009, I don't see why that would change now. Great time for APFMH to make its way to China.

I disagree. The Chinese government is crazy. If they required a list of songs, and they forced Metallica to drop 3 of their biggest songs ever in 2013 and LP 2 songs in 2009, LP will definitely get a few songs rejected here.

Agreed. GU and Rebellion for sure in my opinion. I mean we don't need to look at this TOO seriously, the UIB omission could have been a simple mistake. I highly doubt Apaches will go away. I'm surprised no Welcome, though.

If GU was banned in 2009, I don't see why that would change now. Great time for APFMH to make its way to China.

The list have been get allowed.The band can pick songs from the list.

And the other side,NO UIB on the list(mostly the band apply this song,but can't pass the examination),so no Apaches.

Not expecting Mike's solo because W&K is a part of it and that has swearing. Plus they were doing an abbreviated version on RTN for the last few shows and that song is on the list.

Joe's solo isn't on there but that isn't really a song so that could still be a possibility (really wish they'd drop it though). The Requiem is also on there, that's weird.

Joe's solo isn't on there but that isn't really a song so that could still be a possibility (really wish they'd drop it though). The Requiem is also on there, that's weird.

The Requiem = Mashup Intro, same reason The Catalyst is on there.

I wonder, with the omission of UIB, do they just want it to be avoided being checked? Lyrically, I can see a possibility of the Chinese government banning it, but it's just a verse Mike's rapping over an intro. But, then again, Wretches, Requiem, Catalyst, all of that stuff is in there.

Time will tell.

The Requiem = Mashup Intro, same reason The Catalyst is on there.

I wonder, with the omission of UIB, do they just want it to be avoided being checked? Lyrically, I can see a possibility of the Chinese government banning it, but it's just a verse Mike's rapping over an intro. But, then again, Wretches, Requiem, Catalyst, all of that stuff is in there.

Time will tell.

If there are that many songs to be dropped then they should really do something different for this tour, bring back the Mashup Intro (but they'll allow "God save us everyone, we're a broken people living under loaded gun"?) and play Keys, APFMH and some others.