2018.06.14 - Amoeba Records, Hollywood, CA (Post Traumatic Release Show)

RogueSoul

It's pre-show post season! Mike Shinoda is gearing up to get back on the road for a week-long promo tour in California and New York City, and it's kicking off tomorrow, June 14, at Amoeba Records in Hollywood, California!

DfdOXWkW0AEEgyy.jpg

This'll be a pretty small show, and we all know the small shows often have the most energy. In addition to a performance, the first 100 people who bought a CD from the store (which essentially serves as a ticket to the event) will be treated to a meet & greet with Mike as well as a signed poster. All attendees will be watching the performance, though, and it's bound to be awesome!

We're not quite sure what to expect from this show - we don't even know if it'll be a full set or not. Our guess is that it'll probably be a fairly short set, anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes. As far as what he'll play, that's hard to say, as well - we imagine he'll mostly play songs he's already been playing, including singles 'Crossing A Line' and 'Over Again' (which he mashes up with 'Papercut' when played live). The piano version of 'In The End' may be a solid bet as well. Fort Minor's 'Welcome' has served as the intro to both of the shows he's already played (with a cool new extended intro at his Identity LA set), so it's probably safe to guess he'll be playing that as the set intro as well. Anything else is a guess - will he play new songs from Post Traumatic (singles 'Running From My Shadow' and 'Ghosts' have not been played yet, as well as 'Nothing Makes Sense Anymore')? Will he play Linkin Park songs like 'Sorry For Now' and 'When They Come For Me' that he rocked at his earlier shows? Mike's been working on the live set the last few weeks which means changes are definitely incoming, but what those changes are are yet to be seen. Let us know what you think he'll be playing!

Watch Mike perform 'Crossing A Line' for the first time at his set at the KROQ Weenie Roast last month. What new (or old) songs do you think he'll add into his set?

As mentioned before, Mike's short promo tour in California and New York City will last just about a week. The day after this show, on June 15, Mike will be performing at the KROQ HD Radio Sound Space, which will be livestreamed! After a short travel break, he'll be in New York doing some more promotional stuff, which includes an in-store signing on June 18 in Long Island, a TV performance on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon, and what is currently slated to be Mike's first solo headlining show at the Gramercy Theater in New York on June 20. Perhaps there's still more events to be announced, too! If you're coming to any of the NYC events, keep an eye out on Twitter - me and Mark (Hahninator) will both be around the city for them (me on June 18 and June 20, Mark on the 20th). Perhaps we can do a meetup at some point!

After this promo tour ends, we have a bit of a wait again for more Mike shows. Mike has one more appearance in June, on the 30th in Camden, New Jersey for Radio 104.5's 11th Birthday Celebration (Mark, Dmitry, and I will see you there, too, as well as plenty of other LPLive members!) before taking most of July off (understandably). Mike will play one warmup show on July 28 at the LoveLoud festival in Salt Lake City, Utah before embarking on an Asian Tour hitting Singapore, Japan, Thailand, and more and a European Tour which has stops currently announced in England, France, Germany, Russia, and Italy, with more likely on the way.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world!

POST SHOW EDIT:

Mike delivered a memorable FOURTEEN SONG performance tonight at Amoeba Records, where the usual set length is about six or so songs from big artists. The intimate performance saw the live debut of three new songs off of Post Traumatic - Ghosts, Make It Up As I Go (with K. Flay making a guest appearance), and Running From My Shadow. It appears Running From My Shadow might be the new set closer for the shows, which is A-ok by us!

Fans camped out overnight for the performance, getting in line yesterday. The first 100 fans got a Meet & Greet and those wristbands were all taken up by 2:45am. The event held several hundred, easily, so you could come up, buy the album and see the performance as late as about 4:00pm - an hour before Mike took the stage.

Joe Hahn was in attendance at the show, but did not guest on any songs. To give an extra treat for the fans, Mike had an exclusive merch vending machine set up outside of the store for fans to purchase an event-exclusive shirt, a sticker pack, and a hat. In addition, several "Golden Tickets" (Willie Wonka-style) were in the vending machine. Lucky winners were able to receive the Golden Ticket, email "gold@mikeshinoda.com" and receive a signed copy of Post Traumatic!

The Meet & Greet for the event was held after the show, with Mike taking photos with fans and then handing over a signed poster.

This performance will give us a taste of the brand new headlining setlist, which will debut when Mike visits New York City next week for an intimate Album Release Show at the Gramercy Theater. It will be his first fully solo headlining show on his own (not a festival, etc) and we should see a solid 18~ songs in the set.

SETLIST:

1. Welcome
  2. Place To Start
  3. Watching As I Fall
  4. Castle Of Glass
  5. Ghosts (Live Debut)
  6. Waiting For The End/Where'd You Go (Mashup)
  7. Crossing A Line
  8. In The End (Piano Version)
  9. About You (Vocoder Intro; Transition Ending)
  10. Over Again/Papercut (Mashup)
  11. Make It Up As I Go (Live Debut; w/ K.Flay)
  12. Good Goodbye/Bleed It Out (Mashup)
  13. Remember The Name (Shortened)
  14. Running From My Shadow (Live Debut; Mike in crowd)

Check out the rest of Mike's touring schedule here.

I went to Amoeba in Hollywood a few times. The first time I ever went to L.A. was in April of 2007 and I actually found a used Hybrid Theory EP (LPU 1 Re-Issue) in one of the used bins. I then got it signed a month later by the band at Bamboozle, which was also the first time that I ever met the band. I also visited Amoeba in Hollywood in August of 2013 when I visited L.A. for SSMF. Didn't find anything cool that time in terms of Linkin Park stuff but I picked up some other stuff. Amoeba is a really cool store.

Anyways, it's cool Mike is doing a signing and small show. You can't get much more intimate.

That's an awesome story Geki.

I went the day after the Hollywood Bowl show and the place had zero LP, because the international fans that came in raided it LOL. I bought a cool ass Foo Fighters shirt I found. When I checked out, the guy at the counter told me an awesome story about Dave Grohl coming in a few weeks before when there was some indie in-store event going on. Not many recognized him, and everyone left him alone. He rang Dave up and said he was the coolest guy... according to his manager Dave and Taylor Hawkins pop in every few months to find records.

Deftones played this in 2016 I remember. Six songs. I think that's what Mike will play.

Welcome

Ghosts (Live Debut)

About You >

Over Again >

Papercut

Crossing A Line

Remember The Name

That's an awesome story Geki.

I went the day after the Hollywood Bowl show and the place had zero LP, because the international fans that came in raided it LOL. I bought a cool ass Foo Fighters shirt I found. When I checked out, the guy at the counter told me an awesome story about Dave Grohl coming in a few weeks before when there was some indie in-store event going on. Not many recognized him, and everyone left him alone. He rang Dave up and said he was the coolest guy... according to his manager Dave and Taylor Hawkins pop in every few months to find records.

Deftones played this in 2016 I remember. Six songs. I think that's what Mike will play.

Welcome

Ghosts (Live Debut)

About You >

Over Again >

Papercut

Crossing A Line

Remember The Name

Wow, that might be an even cooler story about Dave Grohl. LOL. Dave is awesome. I've heard he is a really cool guy too. It's also pretty awesome that him and Taylor Hawkins stop in from time to time. I wonder if Mike or any of the members of Linkin Park do. But yeah, that Hollywood Bowl show was massive with so many people traveling for it. It's funny in a cool way that the store had no Linkin Park left after it. Shows how big of a fanbase the band has. I wish I could have made it for that show.

Didn't know Deftones played Amoeba before, although, I think you may have mentioned it once, can't remember. But yeah, I think you're spot on with that set for Mike. It'll be that or something very similar, I'm willing to bet.

What a set. Fourteen songs, a normal show length pretty much. I like that he debuted three brand new songs. This gets me excited for the full length setlist for NYC.

That exclusive merch looks awesome, I'd buy that. Frank's artwork design for this album is good.

What a set. Fourteen songs, a normal show length pretty much. I like that he debuted three brand new songs. This gets me excited for the full length setlist for NYC.

That exclusive merch looks awesome, I'd buy that. Frank's artwork design for this album is good.

Couldn't agree more. Really cool that he played a 14 song set and debuted a few new songs live. NYC will be epic, no doubt. I also agree about that merch. Lol. Pretty badass.

Six songs is the normal set for a band there. Mike went over double that. That's cool that he really doesn't give a fuck.

NYC is going to be his first solo headlining show on his own without a festival or time constraints. Special night, and only 499 cap at Gramercy. It'd be cool if we get exclusive merch for that show too.

Six songs is the normal set for a band there. Mike went over double that. That's cool that he really doesn't give a fuck.

NYC is going to be his first solo headlining show on his own without a festival or time constraints. Special night, and only 499 cap at Gramercy. It'd be cool if we get exclusive merch for that show too.

Yeah dude, that's pretty epic of Mike. Mike has always loved the fans, just like Chester, and Mike has always done everything to give the fans more. It's awesome he played over double it. NYC is going to be so awesome. It'll definitely be a night that I'll remember for the rest of my life, I can tell, and even though I can't speak for you or anyone else, I think the same goes for you. It will be awesome.

Yeah dude, that's pretty epic of Mike. Mike has always loved the fans, just like Chester, and Mike has always done everything to give the fans more. It's awesome he played over double it. NYC is going to be so awesome. It'll definitely be a night that I'll remember for the rest of my life, I can tell, and even though I can't speak for you or anyone else, I think the same goes for you. It will be awesome.

I went to IdentityLA and this Amoeba Music show, Mike really surprised me with this 14 song set, I thought we'd get something like the Weenie Roast set with a couple more new songs. So many great moments, everyone needs to see Mike live, I can't stress this enough. Papercut on Over Again is so fucking satisfying.

BTW at the meet and greet after the show, I thanked Mike for playing Kenji at IdentityLA, he told me he was thinking of playing it more on this upcoming tour, I told him definitely do it.

Interesting to see he played keys on COG instead of guitar. This is the first time he's done that on the studio version right?

RFMS, Ghosts and Make It Up As I Go sound great!

Edited by Mesck547

Wow the new Castle of Glass sounds GREAT! Much better for the solo show.

Damn, he plays with so much stuff live... he is so creative when it comes to a set. The LP show is going to be just fine.

RFMS closing is badass, it's a heavy ass song.

What happens on Over Again? He fucks up the first verse and accidentally raps verse two, then goes into Papercut. How is the instrumental able to just roll right into Papercut? There was another verse (where verse two originally goes) after that.

Wow the new Castle of Glass sounds GREAT! Much better for the solo show.

Damn, he plays with so much stuff live... he is so creative when it comes to a set. The LP show is going to be just fine.

RFMS closing is badass, it's a heavy ass song.

What happens on Over Again? He fucks up the first verse and accidentally raps verse two, then goes into Papercut. How is the instrumental able to just roll right into Papercut? There was another verse (where verse two originally goes) after that.

Over Again was intentionally shortened, Mike just second guessed which verse he was going into for a second. The instrumental was the second verse the whole time.

Also Welcome had no intro, Mike started by immediately launching into the verse.

Edited by Astat

• 1 month later...