''System'' the most underrated Chester B. song

This song has been out for a long time

i've never talked to anyone about it.

I bet that it is the most evilish singing chester has done, i would love to hear more of his dark side rather than songs like Burning In The Skies

LP should experiment with their black side

one of my favorite Chester's collaborations, great vocals

do you like it? hate it? why?

I have loved this for many, many years. I burned a copy of Hybrid Theory back in the day (like 2002) and added this as a bonus track. Haha. It was originally written by Korn or Jonathan I think, but it still sounds awesome. I love his vocals and how they sound evil, too.

this song always sounds to me like it's Jonathan Davis with Chester's voice. btw, this is the one & only song that chester titled alone. (Morning After (Julien-K Remix)).

you're right Geki it was written and also performed by JD.

Jonathan Davis version:

Edited by Skipees

Ah, it's pretty cool to see some people talking about this song! :)

Vocal-wise, it's one of my favorite performance of Chester (including LP-stuff) . It sounds so raspy and evilish! I guess Condemned is the only other song I can think of where he uses that singing style.

Unfortunately, I doubt Chester can still sing this way nowadays. Maybe he isn't even interested by it anymore. Anyway, facts are there :from ATS onwards, his raspy voice have been getting worse and worse live. And studio-wise, the amount of raspy parts have decreased a ton in their new material. ATS had WAK chorus. LT didn't really have one big raspy part, except for some lines ("...to burn it down!", "one last lies").

Chester probably completely forgot about this one. He only did it because Warner was being a bitch about letting Jonathan Davis sing on it. He probably recorded it in a couple hours and left.

There was a video with Chester talking about this track and how much he loved it, etc. He was in the studio. Chester also was good friends with Jonathan and Korn back then.

Anyways, here it is

Edited by Geki

I have a version of the soundtrack with "bonus tracks", 5 of the soundtrack songs that are sung my Jonathan Davis as studio version. No idea where those are originally from.

Prefer the Chester version of System though.

An interesting side fact, Jonathan Davis performed System live when he did solo shows.

I have a version of the soundtrack with "bonus tracks", 5 of the soundtrack songs that are sung my Jonathan Davis as studio version. No idea where those are originally from.

Prefer the Chester version of System though.

An interesting side fact, Jonathan Davis performed System live when he did solo shows.

There's a music video for each of the 5 tracks Jonathan Davis wrote. They were released on the Queen Of The Damned DVD.

Jonathan Davis wrote 8 songs for the soundtrack (as well as the score). 5 of them were used in the movie. Another track, called "Careless (Akasha's Lament)", was released as a single in 2007.

The 6 songs (+ a score medley) were performed during his Alone I Play Tour.

Wow! I have never seen that video! Is that the oldest studio footage we have of Chester? That's really fucking cool...I never knew that even existed.

I really like the song. Dark and raw. I agree, I'd like to hear more like this. However my favorite non-LP song he's done outside of the band is still State Of The Art (or whatever it's called, maybe even Cry To Yourself since the CD was rumored to be called State Of The Art). This is a close second though...I like both a lot better than Walking Dead. Slow Ya Roll is another great one. They're all so different.

Including live performances, this is my all time favorite thing Chester has ever sang on. So much energy here. He covers a legendary song, he sounds like a fucking BOSS and he is JAMMING so big on the bridge. The man looks like he enjoys covering old rock songs (see the BoW shows too for proof of that as well as other Camp Freddy appearances) 100x more than he does playing the same LP stuff every show of every tour.

Prepare to be blown away, this shit is just as epic as it gets. Can Chester just do the Zeppelin reunion tour? Way too much hate (people would blow the fuck up and be so mad) but his voice is so fucking perfect for it. 4:32 Chester BRINGS IT. Sounds better than Robert Plant. And then he just explodes.

And then he covers Bullet With Butterfly Wings absolutely perfectly too.

Hell I think that's Courtney Love side stage he's cutting up with LOL, and I think I see Sean Dowdell over there too.

I don't think Chester has the best voice in music or anything but I really do think he sounds 100x better outside of LP when he's playing other bands' music. Listen to that scream at 4:00 on the cover of Smashing Pumpkins. I'm not all over Chester's dick like a lot of fans and I do think he struggles live now sometimes (New Divide/Crawling from Canberra 2010 for example and Given Up/New Divide a good bit recently) but he really can rock his ass off on stage and is a great frontman. Velvet Revolver or any other legit rock band would love to have him as their singer and that's a legit fact. These Camp Freddy stars would not be constantly inviting him back to rock with them if they didn't think he was an amazing singer (Slash likes Chester a good bit, for example). Some rock band with Navarro, Chester and some other good musicians would be the shit.

Yeah Hahn you and I really fucking love Chester with Camp Freddy, I think that with them he just shows his 100% potential

And I agree with you, i wouldn't care not having another LP record in years, as long as Chester joins or create a super rock band with Navarro, Slash and he must stop losing his time with the boys of JK they are good but Chester need to rock out with better musicians, it's a perfect time for Chester to show what he's got since with LP they have a style that really doesnt let Chaz show his full power!