Where'd You Go (Holly Brook version)

LPMaskMan

According to wikipedia, Holly released a version of Where'd You Go where only her singing rapping the whole song like she did in her concerts in 2006.

"In 2006, Holly Brook released an exclusive version of "Where'd You Go" to radio stations, made completely by herself. Mike does not appear on this version, which can be heard by request on various American radio stations.[10]" - Wikipedia

Is anyone heard this song?

I scoured the entire internet for months trying to find this and I only found a live version on Youtube. The source is from a dead fansite and that's not really very credible, is it?

No, it's real.... I've heard it before and was pissed when I couldn't find it not too long ago. I remember it. It was kind of awkward.. It just had Holly sort of speaking Mike's rap. But I know it existed. It was so obscure and random, I should have known it would disappear. I remember, Holly recorded it after feeling shafted when she wasn't contacted to accept the award for ringtone of the year for the song. That was a stupid MTV award, but I remember that it eventually led to Holly leaving Machine Shop... along with many other things.

Edited by BlacK0uT

No, it's real.... I've heard it before and was pissed when I couldn't find it not too long ago. I remember it. It was kind of awkward.. It just had Holly sort of speaking Mike's rap. But I know it existed. It was so obscure and random, I should have known it would disappear. I remember, Holly recorded it after feeling shafted when she wasn't contacted to accept the award for ringtone of the year for the song. That was a stupid MTV award, but I remember that it eventually led to Holly leaving Machine Shop... along with many other things.

Is that really why? All she did was sing on the chorus. That's more than a little childish, especially when it was Mike's project in the first place.

I wonder what the other issues were.

Holly didn't leave Machine Shop because of that lol, she left because they shafted her along with SOB, etc when it came to albums and recording.

Yeah, it took her FOREVER to get out of her contract. IIRC she was pretty much in a position where she couldn't leave by her own free will, but couldn't record any new music either for a while. Every musician's worst nightmare: Being completely prevented from doing what you love doing because of label politics that you have no say in.

Yeah, it took her FOREVER to get out of her contract. IIRC she was pretty much in a position where she couldn't leave by her own free will, but couldn't record any new music either for a while. Every musician's worst nightmare: Being completely prevented from doing what you love doing because of label politics that you have no say in.

Sorry but, I'm interested. Can you tell me more about this?

• 1 month later...

Holly didn't leave Machine Shop because of that lol, she left because they shafted her along with SOB, etc when it came to albums and recording.

You should learn to read more thoroughly before you claim I'm wrong.

I said she recorded this version because of what happened with the MTV award... I said that, and many other things led to her leaving Machine Shop.

I've followed Holly from her signing to Machine Shop up until her leaving Machine Shop. I read the blog she posted on her MySpace saying exactly what I posted, also where she asked that her fans request her version of 'Where'd You Go' over Fort Minor's.

I find it funny how you stepped into this thread because you thought you could prove someone wrong and not to actually answer the question this thread posed (which is what I did)

Funny, and a little sad. Your head hasn't gotten any smaller with age I see.

You should learn to read more thoroughly before you claim I'm wrong.

I said she recorded this version because of what happened with the MTV award... I said that, and many other things led to her leaving Machine Shop.

I've followed Holly from her signing to Machine Shop up until her leaving Machine Shop. I read the blog she posted on her MySpace saying exactly what I posted, also where she asked that her fans request her version of 'Where'd You Go' over Fort Minor's.

I find it funny how you stepped into this thread because you thought you could prove someone wrong and not to actually answer the question this thread posed (which is what I did)

Funny, and a little sad. Your head hasn't gotten any smaller with age I see.

You are wrong on the purpose of me coming here - the title intrigued me. Tried to provide a helpful answer. But otherwise, you're right. Kudos.

Signed,

Posted Image

Wow, that live version really sucks. The FM version is way better, and I don't even really listen to FM at all anymore. Besides, isn't she Skylar Grey or whatever now? She's doing songs with Eminem and shit, so she kind of did well for herself. Just took a while. Although, IMO, it was childish of SOB to pin that whole thing with Machine Shop on Mike. The label didn't like the album, that is not Mike's fault. Mike is busy doing stuff with cough*thebiggestbandintheworld*cough, I don't think he was too focused on why the label didn't like the SOB album.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...